Author Topic: Lenten quitter  (Read 15311 times)

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lenten quitter
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2014, 09:42:00 AM »
Quote from: Raider
Quote from: Thumblewort
Let me try this again a day later w/o the NIC rage and foul language.

Hey bro, I think you mis-read the intent of the post, and it was worded poorly to begin with. Here is what I was trying to convey:

My kids asked me now that Lent was over, was I going to chew again. I replied with no, and that I realized for the past 15 years I have been stealing from myself, mommy, and them. I was trying to use a truth hammer to show them how serious I am.
Nicely put. The only disadvantage to this site is when something is taken out of context or the words we choose are not necessarily the correct words. Once it's out there.......well it's out there. Glad you are sticking it out and being quit today.
When people post stuff in your thread they have your best interest in mind. We are all in the same boat... we are addicts  we want to be quit today.

Sometimes people post stuff you don't want to hear or read.

It is hard to do, but if you read something you don't like... take a breath and try to figure out why the hell that person wrote what they wrote. If you don't understand, then ask them. They will be happy to tell you.

Keep at it today. Quit on.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »

Hey bro, I think you mis-read the intent of the post, and it was worded poorly to begin with. Here is what I was trying to convey:

My kids asked me now that Lent was over, was I going to chew again. I replied with no, and that I realized for the past 15 years I have been stealing from myself, mommy, and them. I was trying to use a truth hammer to show them how serious I am.
Nicely put. The only disadvantage to this site is when something is taken out of context or the words we choose are not necessarily the correct words. Once it's out there.......well it's out there. Glad you are sticking it out and being quit today.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2014, 09:07:00 AM »

Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2014, 08:56:00 AM »
Fine, I will confine my posts to "I quit with you today", lesson learned.
no one is telling you to quit the site I was telling you that the verbiage in your post didn't sound rock solid it sounded like something someone would post when they are laying the groundwork for a planned cave. I appreciate the rage you have been there now channel it in to hating UST not Trauma....Also instead of rage sit back a second and go wow a real person read my post and checked me instead of being LITE and saying oh its ok to waver. Here it is not ok to waver we are here to protect the site and each other one fails it sends shockwaves through the site especially when you are new to quit. You don't want me watching your back I wont not a prob I have plenty more I can help.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2014, 11:31:00 AM »
Fine, I will confine my posts to "I quit with you today", lesson learned.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2014, 11:26:00 AM »
Not to start another Big Nasty rage thread here, but I get where Big Nasty comes from sometimes.

I was trying to offer support to a new quitter with a similar family structure to mine and I get jumped for it? Kudos to him for being quit longer then me and being a rock on this site, but some of you guys are way too twitchy. I bought in, I drank the Kool-aid, do you want blood tests?

I was in several gas stations this weekend that sold tobacco, does that mean I am not KTC material? Should I have called someone even though I was not remotely drawn to it?
if you are quit, you post roll and you keep your word, you are KTC material...that is all that matters...but reading that post about quitting for lent, well that would have raised my eyebrow if i would have read it earlier. Since all we have is the written word here at KTC verbiage is very important, you know that. So don't get butthurt when someone calls you out on it. And trauma, well he drives a dodge so that is kind of d-baggy but he is far from it...and again, he drives a dodge so his intelligence can be questioned about that...but to call him a moron when it comes to quitting is like telling Einstein how to do long division. And i've not met Trauma yet...but i don't think he likes to eat dick...he might like to eat sandwiches
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2014, 11:12:00 AM »
Not to start another Big Nasty rage thread here, but I get where Big Nasty comes from sometimes.

I was trying to offer support to a new quitter with a similar family structure to mine and I get jumped for it? Kudos to him for being quit longer then me and being a rock on this site, but some of you guys are way too twitchy. I bought in, I drank the Kool-aid, do you want blood tests?

I was in several gas stations this weekend that sold tobacco, does that mean I am not KTC material? Should I have called someone even though I was not remotely drawn to it?

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
Quote from: traumagnet
On the way home from Easter I told my wife and kids (10  8) that I stole from them when I was chewing. It was a very quiet car ride, but I am hitting them with the truth when they ask if I only quit for Lent.
well what the hell was this post that you left in Tarheel Dones thread....this doesn't sound like you are going to stay quit sounds like a fuckin Stoppage!!!! YOu better dig deep and reflect on what you really want here.
What I want from KTC?? You asked for it D-bag:

1. Morons like you to learn how to read. I try and support someone and you dog me? Fuck you, stay off my shit. I do not need support from you. I have been quit for 19 day, 100% roll. and support when I can for new brothers, so eat a dick.

2. The site is about accountability? Can we have some accountability for posting roll? I have been bumped 4 straight days now. It isn't rocket science, and if y'all truly don't want me here, just say it, I can leave. 4 days seems a bit suspect to me, and this D-bag jumping on my shit really takes the cake.
That "d-bag" jumping your shit has your quit at heart and he cares about it. He has seen the verbiage before probably from me and he's going to call you out on it. I have been bumped every day since the change over...its going to happen. just fix it...whoever is running your group will have it on the spread sheet so you'll get your post noted.
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2014, 08:35:00 AM »
Quote from: traumagnet
On the way home from Easter I told my wife and kids (10  8) that I stole from them when I was chewing. It was a very quiet car ride, but I am hitting them with the truth when they ask if I only quit for Lent.
well what the hell was this post that you left in Tarheel Dones thread....this doesn't sound like you are going to stay quit sounds like a fuckin Stoppage!!!! YOu better dig deep and reflect on what you really want here.
What I want from KTC?? You asked for it D-bag:

1. Morons like you to learn how to read. I try and support someone and you dog me? Fuck you, stay off my shit. I do not need support from you. I have been quit for 19 day, 100% roll. and support when I can for new brothers, so eat a dick.

2. The site is about accountability? Can we have some accountability for posting roll? I have been bumped 4 straight days now. It isn't rocket science, and if y'all truly don't want me here, just say it, I can leave. 4 days seems a bit suspect to me, and this D-bag jumping on my shit really takes the cake.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2014, 09:24:00 AM »

Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2014, 08:49:00 AM »
Lent is over, but my quit is not, Day 18 after 30 days of pussy-ass NRT because I was scared. Thank you to all my KTC brothers and sisters for kicking my ass into being a real quitter.

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 233
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
1 year ago, tax season ends, 4 days off coming up. Cash in the bank and nothing but horror movies, WoW, Skoal Cherry and family. Went to get something from the basment and stepped in 3 inches of water.............4 days later, and with a "coinsidental " furnace failure, I had no money, and trashed knee and back, and a messed up head.

Last night - bonus check cashed, time off coming up, one tax day to go, go to the basement for some bread..........2 inches of water.

So how does an KTC member handle this vs what I would have done last year? I plugged in the shop vac and went to work. A problem plus Skoal equals 2 problems, fuck it. Just hope with me guys that the new furnace is GTG!
Nice....been out of Public 7 years and still crave a good drunk on 4/15 every year! Quit on!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2014, 02:22:00 PM »
1 year ago, tax season ends, 4 days off coming up. Cash in the bank and nothing but horror movies, WoW, Skoal Cherry and family. Went to get something from the basment and stepped in 3 inches of water.............4 days later, and with a "coinsidental " furnace failure, I had no money, and trashed knee and back, and a messed up head.

Last night - bonus check cashed, time off coming up, one tax day to go, go to the basement for some bread..........2 inches of water.

So how does an KTC member handle this vs what I would have done last year? I plugged in the shop vac and went to work. A problem plus Skoal equals 2 problems, fuck it. Just hope with me guys that the new furnace is GTG!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »
I have not had the pleasure of the pot roast, but have had me many a shepherd's pie. We also do a ton of fish and popcorn shrimp, and sherbert in the summer. My addictive personality won't let me make the Schwan's guy get skunked on any visit.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
Thanks Bronc. I am an alpha male in our marriage, which is fine for both of us, so it is a new perspective for she and I that I am admitting to being an addict, and that I need help from her, the KTC, God, the Schwan's guy, the other guy and a booger.

My big test is upcoming for Easter, where both my brother in-laws dip. Not so much in as I'll be tempted, but the inevetable mother in-law saying "look, Thumble quit, why can't you".

Why she calls me Thumble in this imaginary scenario I'll never know.
Hey, Thumble, you tried Schwans Pot Roast yet? damn its good.