Author Topic: Lenten quitter  (Read 15313 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Lenten quitter
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »
Thanks Bronc. I am an alpha male in our marriage, which is fine for both of us, so it is a new perspective for she and I that I am admitting to being an addict, and that I need help from her, the KTC, God, the Schwan's guy, the other guy and a booger.

My big test is upcoming for Easter, where both my brother in-laws dip. Not so much in as I'll be tempted, but the inevetable mother in-law saying "look, Thumble quit, why can't you".

Why she calls me Thumble in this imaginary scenario I'll never know.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2014, 08:59:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
I have been dropping "special butterfly" on my wife and kids for the last few days, when finally it came to question of where I heard that. So I explained the whole special butterfly feeling all of us n00bs have, and how KTC vets smack it out of us. She was almost in tears to hear me talk about my addiction in straight up terms, and I have the KTC to thanks for that.
The truth will set you free Thumb. I think getting a real perspective on what this is - an addiction as opposed to a bad habit is the root of healing. Each day you keep your promise you are walking in the manner you were made to be.
You started this as a Lenten sacrifice - looks like you're gaining a hell of a lot more than you ever gave up - the respect of your wife and kids to start with and it goes on from there. Really proud to be quit with you my friend.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »
I have been dropping "special butterfly" on my wife and kids for the last few days, when finally it came to question of where I heard that. So I explained the whole special butterfly feeling all of us n00bs have, and how KTC vets smack it out of us. She was almost in tears to hear me talk about my addiction in straight up terms, and I have the KTC to thanks for that.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: E&C's
Did anyone experience repressed memories of your addiction while quitting?

Last night was Day 5 going into 6, and I was having sleep issues.  All of a sudden I had a memory of my 3 year old son drinking a huge drink of my spit cup (20oz bottle of Coke) and immediately puking all over.  This was 7 years ago, and I had forgotten totally.  I feel ashamed for something that I had forgotten that happened, because I wanted to continue to poison myself.

I can only hope he has forgotten.  What a horrible addiction chewing is.  I quit with you all today.
I don't know if I'd call them repressed memories but now that you mention it yes. As the fog began to lift for m I remember thinking about all the things I regret about my addiction to the Nic bitch. My dad took a huge drink of a "diet coke" in my truck and puked. You can see a can in the pocket of my tux in some of my wedding pics, I had dips in when each of my children were born. I could go on and on.

Here is the good news from my perspective. I NEVER HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE INCIDENTS EMBARASS OR ASHAME ME EVER AGAIN! As long as I wake up, post roll, live my day nic free wake up and repeat all is well.

Quitting with all the quitters who had someone else drink their spitters today! Damn I am a poet and didn't know it.
EC is spot on, you post roll and stay quit, that scenario or those like it will never happen again. Don't beat yourself up over the past. We have all been down that road and have shame in our addiction, what that addiction has done to us and those around us. But today is a new day my friend. Live for today, quit for today, and you'll win for today.
Funny, but not funny. Bowling one evening with the wife and she picks up the wrong cup. My wife retaliates and i have a big stain on my shirt. Bowling over!!!

This is not the only story i could share, but it's the only one i will share.

There is not enough time left for us to make up for all we've done. There is time to mend and heal. Quit with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2014, 01:35:00 PM »
Quote from: E&C's

Last night was Day 5 going into 6, and I was having sleep issues.  All of a sudden I had a memory of my 3 year old son drinking a huge drink of my spit cup (20oz bottle of Coke) and immediately puking all over.  This was 7 years ago, and I had forgotten totally.  I feel ashamed for something that I had forgotten that happened, because I wanted to continue to poison myself.

I can only hope he has forgotten.  What a horrible addiction chewing is.  I quit with you all today.
I don't know if I'd call them repressed memories but now that you mention it yes. As the fog began to lift for m I remember thinking about all the things I regret about my addiction to the Nic bitch. My dad took a huge drink of a "diet coke" in my truck and puked. You can see a can in the pocket of my tux in some of my wedding pics, I had dips in when each of my children were born. I could go on and on.

Here is the good news from my perspective. I NEVER HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE INCIDENTS EMBARASS OR ASHAME ME EVER AGAIN! As long as I wake up, post roll, live my day nic free wake up and repeat all is well.

Quitting with all the quitters who had someone else drink their spitters today! Damn I am a poet and didn't know it.
EC is spot on, you post roll and stay quit, that scenario or those like it will never happen again. Don't beat yourself up over the past. We have all been down that road and have shame in our addiction, what that addiction has done to us and those around us. But today is a new day my friend. Live for today, quit for today, and you'll win for today.
Certified Grade A Badass

E&C's Dad

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »

Last night was Day 5 going into 6, and I was having sleep issues. All of a sudden I had a memory of my 3 year old son drinking a huge drink of my spit cup (20oz bottle of Coke) and immediately puking all over. This was 7 years ago, and I had forgotten totally. I feel ashamed for something that I had forgotten that happened, because I wanted to continue to poison myself.

I can only hope he has forgotten. What a horrible addiction chewing is. I quit with you all today.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »

Last night was Day 5 going into 6, and I was having sleep issues. All of a sudden I had a memory of my 3 year old son drinking a huge drink of my spit cup (20oz bottle of Coke) and immediately puking all over. This was 7 years ago, and I had forgotten totally. I feel ashamed for something that I had forgotten that happened, because I wanted to continue to poison myself.

I can only hope he has forgotten. What a horrible addiction chewing is. I quit with you all today.

Offline macgregor

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2014, 11:03:00 AM »
Hello thanks for your post on my topic. Stay clear ;) For me it started to be hard a little because I think that it's only first day but I started to have some cravings... They are like a waves. sometimes they are coming and than tyey're gone but it's not a nice feeling. I'm fighting , I will fight to the end cowboy

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »
Today I just hurt. Low grade headache all day, feel weak and no energy. Probably a combo of NIC bitch and the end of hell season at work, but I am embracing the suck with a sardonic sense of accomplishment. Quit on ;) .

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2014, 01:28:00 PM »
Quote from: Wedge
Quote from: Wt57
Scared, I get it.  I was there.

It's hard to take that plunge.  What do you have to lose.  3 days is all it takes to get rid of all the nicotine in you system, then it's all mental.

Within no time you will want to kick yourself right in the a@@ for ever believing it was impossible. Lets do this.

This post in particular pissed me off a month ago...........yet now it's QFT. 'bang head'

Thank you for that post it was dead on.
So what does this mean? What is the extent of your awakening? I do suggest increasing your activity will strengthen your resolve and commitment. Reach to the limit of your reach and your return will be similar.
My awakening was I was playing origami with nicotine patches because I was scared of being quit. Instead of manning up I was playing with sciccors.
I'm quit today with the origami maker.
We were all 'cs'

Putting away the scissors and foolish things of our past is a giant step into a glorious future of freedom. I also quit with you today!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »

It's hard to take that plunge.  What do you have to lose.  3 days is all it takes to get rid of all the nicotine in you system, then it's all mental.

Within no time you will want to kick yourself right in the a@@ for ever believing it was impossible. Lets do this.

This post in particular pissed me off a month ago...........yet now it's QFT. 'bang head'

So what does this mean? What is the extent of your awakening? I do suggest increasing your activity will strengthen your resolve and commitment. Reach to the limit of your reach and your return will be similar.
My awakening was I was playing origami with nicotine patches because I was scared of being quit. Instead of manning up I was playing with sciccors.
I'm quit today with the origami maker.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2014, 09:15:00 AM »

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2014, 10:54:00 PM »
Quote from: Bronc
Quit on today Thumble. Well you started this thing off to quit for Lent. I know about those kinds of quits. You've now transformed that into understanding this is a serious addiction and you are on your way.

You are a man of faith so I'll give you a piece of advice - maybe a different way to look at this. You started this by maybe thinking of it as a way of "giving something up" for God - a sacrifice. Well I think it's not really a sacrifice to him for giving up something you shouldn't have been doing in the first place right. So I've viewed it as honoring Him by respecting the man he made you to be - by not destroying his creation. Really good job on coming around and staying with the quit Thumble!
Couldn't agree with you more Bronc. We are his creation and by dipping we are destroying a part of that. It is great to see how so many have come around on this site. Glad to be quit with you all.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2014, 07:15:00 PM »

4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »
Quit on today Thumble. Well you started this thing off to quit for Lent. I know about those kinds of quits. You've now transformed that into understanding this is a serious addiction and you are on your way.

You are a man of faith so I'll give you a piece of advice - maybe a different way to look at this. You started this by maybe thinking of it as a way of "giving something up" for God - a sacrifice. Well I think it's not really a sacrifice to him for giving up something you shouldn't have been doing in the first place right. So I've viewed it as honoring Him by respecting the man he made you to be - by not destroying his creation. Really good job on coming around and staying with the quit Thumble!