Author Topic: Lenten quitter  (Read 15308 times)

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lenten quitter
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2014, 09:26:00 AM »
Welcome to being quit thumblewort. You can see all of the support you already have. Leverage that help by staying here as much as you can and that, along with a quit attitude will make you nicotine free. Glad you're here.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »
Scared, I get it.  I was there.

It's hard to take that plunge.  What do you have to lose.  3 days is all it takes to get rid of all the nicotine in you system, then it's all mental.

Within no time you will want to kick yourself right in the a@@ for ever believing it was impossible. Lets do this.

This post in particular pissed me off a month ago...........yet now it's QFT. 'bang head'

Thank you for that post it was dead on.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2014, 09:10:00 AM »
Wedge, it was not you that PM'ed me a month ago, I apologize for saying it was you in chat.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2014, 08:50:00 AM »
Thank you Stinkbomb, I agree quitting during my busiest time of year makes sense, since I always used tax season as a reason not to quit, so I changed the script.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2014, 08:26:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Thumblewort
Ok, back for real this time, Day 2 of quit for me.
Welcome to quitness. It is a state of mind. You are now quit and you will do everything in your power to stay that way. Leverage all the tools here at KTC to keep you quit. Please don't hesitate to reach out to people. You need to make some contacts.
NiceÂ…and you did it before April 15th. Strategically speaking (and I'm assuming tax season has something to do with this), you're going to experience this trigger annually. Had you wait till it was over, you would not have known that you don't need nicotine to get through the difficult times. All of us have stress, all of us have busy lives, no one person is any different than the next. What separates us is that we quit together every damn day, whether you got nothin' to do that day, you have a 14 hour work day in front of you, or you just lost a family member. We quit together no matter what.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2014, 08:17:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Welcome to quitness. It is a state of mind. You are now quit and you will do everything in your power to stay that way. Leverage all the tools here at KTC to keep you quit. Please don't hesitate to reach out to people. You need to make some contacts.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2014, 08:05:00 AM »

Offline rothstein57

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2014, 03:54:00 AM »
First off, welcome to the site. I truly urge you to completely quit. I won't lie, the first month sucks, but once you get through that, as long as you stay committed to this site, it is amazing how free you feel. Join us, and I promise you won't regret it.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 11:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: srans
Scared, I get it.  I was there.

It's hard to take that plunge.  What do you have to lose.  3 days is all it takes to get rid of all the nicotine in you system, then it's all mental.

Within no time you will want to kick yourself right in the a@@ for ever believing it was impossible. Lets do this.
With everyone on the sidelines cheering you to enter the war with us should demonstrate how much support is here. It took me three days of reading to dump my shit and jump off that high dive into the quit. Scared the hell out of me after over 40 years of using. It works!
Cannonball naked into the quit pool. Some shrinkage is normal, but it won't last.

Flopping around in the kiddie pool with your patch and water wings on isn't gonna get you anywhere.

Come on in, the water is fine. There is a nice warm spot right next to me.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 11:25:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Scared, I get it. I was there.

It's hard to take that plunge. What do you have to lose. 3 days is all it takes to get rid of all the nicotine in you system, then it's all mental.

With everyone on the sidelines cheering you to enter the war with us should demonstrate how much support is here. It took me three days of reading to dump my shit and jump off that high dive into the quit. Scared the hell out of me after over 40 years of using. It works!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 08:33:00 PM »
Scared, I get it. I was there.

It's hard to take that plunge. What do you have to lose. 3 days is all it takes to get rid of all the nicotine in you system, then it's all mental.

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 06:16:00 PM »
Thumble,

I was you 107 days ago. Purchased a 50 pack of Nic patches at Costco and slapped one on. Made it through the 1st day  night. Found the KTC website and tossed patch #2 in the garbage and have not looked back. It was the best advice I have ever gotten.

1. You are an addict and as such you need to beat this like an addict.
2. Quit one day at a time or one minute at a time if needed.

You do that and you will win. Toss the garbage and get to quitting for real.....
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »
Come on thumble, the patches and gum are only prolonging the inevitable. Jump in, feet first. You can do this. Take the patch off, don't use it again, and today is your day 1. You don't have to wait til tomorrow.

I saw that you took your name off roll and it's good that you did, but recommit, toss those in the garbage, and quit with us. There's 3 or 4 people on day one or 2 that will be going through the same feelings and crappyness that you will be. You will be a better man for it.

YOU can do this. We were all there ourselves at one time. You aren't any weaker or stronger than the rest of us.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »
Quote from: T-Cell
Think it through. If you decide you are ready to quit being a slave to your addiction, to quit playing russian roulette with your health, relationships and even life, then come join us. You know nicotine is not helping you, but do you know how harmful it really is? The approach is more hardcore than others, but it really does work. We will all welcome you and help.
T-Cell here and I are both 30+ year dippers. That's extreme. This site helped both of us quit. He's been quit for 2 years. I'm getting close to half a year- the best I"ve ever done in my life. If I can do it, you can too.

What you have to do is just gather all the courage you have and jump in. Give it all, fight for your life-- that's what you really are doing. Consider it a ressurection of the real you, in honor of your faith! Come on in and join us- it is SO nice once you get cleaned up a little!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 02:24:00 PM »
Think it through. If you decide you are ready to quit being a slave to your addiction, to quit playing russian roulette with your health, relationships and even life, then come join us. You know nicotine is not helping you, but do you know how harmful it really is? The approach is more hardcore than others, but it really does work. We will all welcome you and help.
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14