Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 4271 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
Re: Introduction
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 11:44:00 PM »
Glad to see you get to the third floor jpfabel1073! B)B

I'm sort of here by accident so the milestones surprise me as well. I will hit 100 days quit in 11 days. That used to seem impossible to me but now it is inevitable. The only way I can fail is to do something that I absolutely hated to do when I signed in here. Nope, I'm not going to do it. Copenhagen long cut can blow me.

I quit with you today!

Offline Jpfabel1073

• Adding drops to the quit bucket everyday.
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 02-05-2015
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 05:19:00 PM »
300 days quit yesterday.....In my mind 300 days ago did I think it was possible to quit, yes. Did I think it was possible for ME to quit, no. This journey from day 1 to now has been full of both highs and lows but in the end I have begun a process that has led me to this point. I have often wondered when will this process end, when do I think I could stop posting roll EDD and still stay on this path that I have started down. The funny thing is that when I start to have these thoughts some poor bastard stumbles into a new month, posts roll, and then proceeds to tell a tale of being quit 100, 500, or even 1000 days, drifting and then falling back into the clutches of the bitch. Hell, yesterday on day 300 she whispered in my ear telling me how great of an accomplishment this was and that I should "reward" myself. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, 300 days quit and those thoughts still happen, not as often as they used to but when they do come it is a slap upside the head reminding me that this journey I have begun will never end because I AM AN ADDICT. It took me awhile to admit this to myself, pride can fuck with you sometimes, mine did for about the first 100 days. I thought I was different that everybody else here, hell even better than all the rest, chewing was just a bad habit I had done for 20 years, I'm no addict.... The day that I realized I am an addict it really set me free in a sense and made this journey much easier. As my HOF speech says each day is another drop in the quit bucket and I'm no better than any other quitter here, just one bad choice away from posting up another day 1.

I would like to thank all of my Misfit brothers who have been on this journey with me. Although we have never met face to face I feel like I owe you all for helping me to save my life. The vets, Candoit, 30yrAddict, and Rtpope, you 3 three have been a major influence with the Misfits and have helped me to understand how this whole thing works, you all are truly paying it forward. To those who I try and post support for on a daily basis and post support for me, Medley, INK, and Smallberries, again thank you to you 3 fine quitters. Watching you hit your milestones has ignited my quit and I am in debt to you all for that.
If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse. 02/05/15 9am
Internet arguments have no bearing on my quit because I control my own reaction to every situation that arises--rkymtnman
Do or don't, it's that simple--KingNothing
Complacency is the ultimate enemy of quit, keep involved, dont just post roll take a second each time to reflect and remind yourself just what this is all about. quit hard every damm day--D2maine
We are all in this pile of shit together--Devil6Dog
Weakness is a choice 100% of the time--razd611
Decisions make habits, habits show character, character determines your fate.--bobchap

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 10:55:00 PM »
Quote from: jpfabel1073
Man, looking back at this makes me so damn proud to be 280 days quit. The daily triggers are gone now it is just dealing with the random craves that happen. So thankful for finding this site, for my Misfit brothers and numerous vets who have helped me along the way. Now trying to pay it forward by being involved with new months and reaching out to new quitters. Had the chance to meet Zquitter a week ago and that was a great experience. I had never had contact with this quitter during my time here and he sent me a random pm wanting to get together for a beer, if you ever have the chance for a meet up DO IT. I can't explain the bond that is there just knowing this person has been through what you have been through. I still quit one day at a time and am only one bad decision away from posting a day one again but feel like my quit is as strong as it has ever been. Really wish I would have kept posting here almost like a quit journal during the first 280 days but I will start putting thoughts down here more regularly.
From the number of posts next to your name - it is clear that you know how this works! Well done!

It keeps getting better!

Offline Jpfabel1073

• Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 09:55:00 PM »
Man, looking back at this makes me so damn proud to be 280 days quit. The daily triggers are gone now it is just dealing with the random craves that happen. So thankful for finding this site, for my Misfit brothers and numerous vets who have helped me along the way. Now trying to pay it forward by being involved with new months and reaching out to new quitters. Had the chance to meet Zquitter a week ago and that was a great experience. I had never had contact with this quitter during my time here and he sent me a random pm wanting to get together for a beer, if you ever have the chance for a meet up DO IT. I can't explain the bond that is there just knowing this person has been through what you have been through. I still quit one day at a time and am only one bad decision away from posting a day one again but feel like my quit is as strong as it has ever been. Really wish I would have kept posting here almost like a quit journal during the first 280 days but I will start putting thoughts down here more regularly.
If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse. 02/05/15 9am
Internet arguments have no bearing on my quit because I control my own reaction to every situation that arises--rkymtnman
Complacency is the ultimate enemy of quit, keep involved, dont just post roll take a second each time to reflect and remind yourself just what this is all about. quit hard every damm day--D2maine
Decisions make habits, habits show character, character determines your fate.--bobchap

Offline flrednek28

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Jan 23, 2015
  • Likes Given: 120
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 05:16:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: beast42a
Thanks for the support. The triggers are the hard parts of the day. They can't all be avoided but is it better to avoid them as much as possible or just face them head on?
JP....personally...i just plow thru them....really no way to avoid them all......i dipped for 29years....everything i did involved dipping....the only way i could avoid triggers would be to stay in bed.............best thing for me is to just stay busy....go to the gym if your able and do a shit load of cardio.....drink tons of water......for the oral fixation, i use hard candy..lots of frickin hard candy.....i buy the sugarless stuff at walgreens

for the first few months, if not the first year - its going to be a roller coaster ride.....your body is getting used to functioning with out nicotine and all the poisons that go with it.....your breathing will get better....in time, you 'll even sleep better............pretty soon, if not already...your going to be experiencing EPIC GAS.....that will be your stomach waking up after years of being put in a daze by nicotine.....

just keep in mind that there will be good days, OK days, and days that straight up suck.....all in random order.....what ever you do - Dont Panic....stay cool and stay quit
Opinions vary on that, but my method was to remove all the “triggers” for a while, and then face them head-on, but only one at a time. Some can’t be removed, others are pretty easy. For instance, driving was a big one for me. I have to face that every…… single…… day. Drinking, on the other hand, we’re arguably better off without anyway. When I first quit, I stopped drinking completely for about 3 months. It just wasn’t worth the risk.

The main thing is to retrain you mind in such a way that the trigger is no longer a trigger. If you were like me, you dipped or chewed during pretty much every activity, so on some level every activity is a trigger. YouÂ’ve no doubt already overcome a few, so youÂ’ve proven that it can be done.

Welcome, and IÂ’m glad to see you here.
I totally agree with Beast. Just live your life bro! In a year you will have been through all you do, in every season, free! ODAAT brother. The days add up fast and you will be healing the whole time. Things get sooooo good. Just keep fighting. You made a great decision to quit. Stay active here. It helps a lot.
Welcome JP. fellow May quitter here, on Day 18, craves do suck but need to distract yourself for 2-3 min throwing piece of gum/ candy to get past crave. If I wasn't sleeping or eating had one in for 24+ yrs, gets easier as days go but craves still there couple times a day. Drank a shit ton of water first week and half. Remember to post roll EDD (every damn day) get involved and read all you can it does work. Stay strong and stay Quit with you ODAAT!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 01:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Radman
Thanks for the support. The triggers are the hard parts of the day. They can't all be avoided but is it better to avoid them as much as possible or just face them head on?
JP....personally...i just plow thru them....really no way to avoid them all......i dipped for 29years....everything i did involved dipping....the only way i could avoid triggers would be to stay in bed.............best thing for me is to just stay busy....go to the gym if your able and do a shit load of cardio.....drink tons of water......for the oral fixation, i use hard candy..lots of frickin hard candy.....i buy the sugarless stuff at walgreens

for the first few months, if not the first year - its going to be a roller coaster ride.....your body is getting used to functioning with out nicotine and all the poisons that go with it.....your breathing will get better....in time, you 'll even sleep better............pretty soon, if not already...your going to be experiencing EPIC GAS.....that will be your stomach waking up after years of being put in a daze by nicotine.....

just keep in mind that there will be good days, OK days, and days that straight up suck.....all in random order.....what ever you do - Dont Panic....stay cool and stay quit
Opinions vary on that, but my method was to remove all the “triggers” for a while, and then face them head-on, but only one at a time. Some can’t be removed, others are pretty easy. For instance, driving was a big one for me. I have to face that every…… single…… day. Drinking, on the other hand, we’re arguably better off without anyway. When I first quit, I stopped drinking completely for about 3 months. It just wasn’t worth the risk.

The main thing is to retrain you mind in such a way that the trigger is no longer a trigger. If you were like me, you dipped or chewed during pretty much every activity, so on some level every activity is a trigger. YouÂ’ve no doubt already overcome a few, so youÂ’ve proven that it can be done.

I totally agree with Beast. Just live your life bro! In a year you will have been through all you do, in every season, free! ODAAT brother. The days add up fast and you will be healing the whole time. Things get sooooo good. Just keep fighting. You made a great decision to quit. Stay active here. It helps a lot.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 01:25:00 PM »

for the first few months, if not the first year - its going to be a roller coaster ride.....your body is getting used to functioning with out nicotine and all the poisons that go with it.....your breathing will get better....in time, you 'll even sleep better............pretty so, if not already...your going to be experiencing EPIC GAS.....that will be your stomach waking up after years of being put in a daze by nicotine.....

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 01:23:00 PM »

Offline beast42a

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-19
  • Interests: Blackhawks, Bears, working on the house, shooting, fishing when i can
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 01:20:00 PM »

Despite all my Rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage.
KTC is a Team Sport....There will be no Individual Events today
This is the dumbest fucking thing I've read here in a long, long time. - Nolaq

Intro

Offline Jpfabel1073

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 01:10:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 11:07:00 AM »
Beast nailed it, post roll daily, get some digits of fellow quitters, and Quit Like Fuck today (QLF). You only stopped for 5 months before, but today you and I posted roll thus issuing a promised to ourselves and the world we are quit for 24 hours. I'm only worries for the next 13 hours, then I'll wake up and post roll again, easy stuff, right?
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline beast42a

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-19
  • Interests: Blackhawks, Bears, working on the house, shooting, fishing when i can
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 10:59:00 AM »
First off I hope I'm doing this right. Quit date 2/5/2015, used for 20 years, finally ready to put this crap behind me and move on with my life. Quit for 5 months 2 years ago and came across this site at the time but thought I could do without it. Now I'm back for real this time, making the commitment to myself and the others in my quit group. Taking every day one day at a time.
jp....Congradulation!....your on Day 5....by now most of the noctine should be out of your body....now the hard part - dealing with the mental shit that goes with the Quit........just try to relax and stay busy....

Now that you're here make sure you get back in there and post roll today. You will be in May Quit groug...your at Day 5 since you quit on 05 Feb

Roll is the most important thing we do here. First thing in the morning promise yourself and everyone here that you will not use nicotine in any form for that day. Wake up the next day and repeat. Quit one day at a time, ODAAT.

Other than that read everything you can here. When you're comfortable, interact with your group, get to know people.

First three days to a week is the worst. Drink lots of water. ODAAT, or for now one hour or one minute at a time. Just stay quit.

PM me is you need anything
Despite all my Rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage.
KTC is a Team Sport....There will be no Individual Events today
This is the dumbest fucking thing I've read here in a long, long time. - Nolaq

Intro

Offline Jpfabel1073

• Quit Pro
Introduction
« on: February 09, 2015, 10:29:00 AM »
First off I hope I'm doing this right. Quit date 2/5/2015, used for 20 years, finally ready to put this crap behind me and move on with my life. Quit for 5 months 2 years ago and came across this site at the time but thought I could do without it. Now I'm back for real this time, making the commitment to myself and the others in my quit group. Taking every day one day at a time.