Author Topic: ready to move on  (Read 3839 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: ready to move on
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »
Quote from: Vinmoore83
it's really amazes me how this stuff pokes at you sometimes. I was at a kids birthday party yesterday and had a great time there were no tobacco users there so I knew I wasn't going to have any issues or so I thought. As they are opening the presents the parents of the kid pushes this big box towards me which ends up being one of those cars that you push kids around in. And it needs put together and wouldn't you know that created a large craving in my mind for that s*** in a can. I actually had to go outside and breathe in the cold air and remind myself why I am doing all this. And son of a bitch the car got put together Without a dip in. I felt really good about it afterwards. I guess its about the little battles in this fight. Day 6!
Pretty amazing what this stuff does to your mind. Putting together a kids toy = good reason to put a carcinogous plant in your mouth? Kinda crazy isn't it? Nocotine is as addictive as heroin. A can has as much nicotine as 3 packs of smokes... So you are gonna have done bumps along the way. But... Doesn't it feel good on a basal level to see those guys at work and know that you are winning at something they are losing at? Day after day after day? Something you slso list at, but which you are now winning?

The struggle gets easier. The sense of success grows. And freedom becomes sweet... One day at a time. Glad you are here. If you need another phone number send me a pm.

Offline Vinmoore83

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »
it's really amazes me how this stuff pokes at you sometimes. I was at a kids birthday party yesterday and had a great time there were no tobacco users there so I knew I wasn't going to have any issues or so I thought. As they are opening the presents the parents of the kid pushes this big box towards me which ends up being one of those cars that you push kids around in. And it needs put together and wouldn't you know that created a large craving in my mind for that s*** in a can. I actually had to go outside and breathe in the cold air and remind myself why I am doing all this. And son of a bitch the car got put together Without a dip in. I felt really good about it afterwards. I guess its about the little battles in this fight. Day 6!

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »
thanks dude today was day 4 for meI don't have as much of the crazy nervous energy that I had before but the thought has been on my mind a lotI think I had a positive influence on some people at work today though .everybody I work with either smokes or chews tobacco and I think they are surprised that I havenot giving in. I stopped for awhile before my day 1 here. When I came in with can the Tuesday morning they were like "see told you so we knew you'd start again". I be been clean since I tossed that shit at 10am that day. I really just want to show them that it's possible to kick this joint Sorry junk. They are all under the impression that you do it forever Cuz that's what their friends dads and relatives all did. I want to be that guiding light that says it possible to quit. I said this before - I'd been trying to "stop" for 2 years. I've been QUIT for 4 days. Yeah!
4 days is bada$$! Well done. This is about you today. Stay focused on beating nicotine to the curb today. You can do it. I'm quit with you today.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Vinmoore83

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 05:20:00 PM »
thanks dude today was day 4 for meI don't have as much of the crazy nervous energy that I had before but the thought has been on my mind a lotI think I had a positive influence on some people at work today though .everybody I work with either smokes or chews tobacco and I think they are surprised that I havenot giving in. I stopped for awhile before my day 1 here. When I came in with can the Tuesday morning they were like "see told you so we knew you'd start again". I be been clean since I tossed that shit at 10am that day. I really just want to show them that it's possible to kick this joint Sorry junk. They are all under the impression that you do it forever Cuz that's what their friends dads and relatives all did. I want to be that guiding light that says it possible to quit. I said this before - I'd been trying to "stop" for 2 years. I've been QUIT for 4 days. Yeah!

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 05:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
is this the right place to say I had a bad day today I thought about dipping all f****** day it just would not leave me I went for a jog when I got home and then a sprint and that seemed to help . I fuckin hate tobacco.
It's the right place to rant and rage, as long as you are quit you can say what you want. Let it it out bro.
Chat is great for rage too. You did good if you got thru it without packing one in. Keep on quitting.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 04:53:00 PM »
is this the right place to say I had a bad day today I thought about dipping all f****** day it just would not leave me I went for a jog when I got home and then a sprint and that seemed to help . I fuckin hate tobacco.
It's the right place to rant and rage, as long as you are quit you can say what you want. Let it it out bro.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Vinmoore83

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »
So I'm getting close to 36 hours. I have enough energy to run through the wall and feel like crawling up the wall at the same time. I feel great about my decision though. I started to realize over the last 2 years and especially the last 6 months that if I didn't stop soon I'm sorry quit soon that I might never quit and that this would just go on forever and ever. So I had these crazy thoughts of wanting to quit while I continued to stuff stole in my face.(Skoal). I also feel it affected my self image. A respectablevperson does not use tobacco. I want to become respectable again. Thenks for the help.I'm chewing a lot of smokey mountain.
36 hours is bad ass! And crawling up walls means you are healing! Hang tough, and get in hear if you need to yell and scream.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Vinmoore83

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 09:39:00 PM »
So I'm getting close to 36 hours. I have enough energy to run through the wall and feel like crawling up the wall at the same time. I feel great about my decision though. I started to realize over the last 2 years and especially the last 6 months that if I didn't stop soon I'm sorry quit soon that I might never quit and that this would just go on forever and ever. So I had these crazy thoughts of wanting to quit while I continued to stuff stole in my face.(Skoal). I also feel it affected my self image. A respectablevperson does not use tobacco. I want to become respectable again. Thenks for the help.I'm chewing a lot of smokey mountain.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 02:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: soxfnnlansing
hi everybody. its been 12 hours since my last chew and i decided today to quit dipping, but also nicotine entirely.
I started chewing when i was 25. i had plenty of chances to start smoking, even dated a couple girls that smoked,
but never started up the habit. then i made a couple of friends that dipped, started working with people that dipped,
and played balls with people that dipped. and before ya know it, one day i asked a good friend for a chew, got really
dizzy and lightheaded. that was the start. just one chew. i chewed a can and a half a day for 6.5 years. mostly skoal but
really anything.

i am married with a child on the way. my wife does nothing in the way of substance abuse. my father in law has been addicted
to nicotine for 45 years. i knew he was addicted to nicotine before i started, my wife warned me about it. so i found this site back in the
summer and made a comment about one of my many attempts, and of course failed half a day later. Then, on the cusp of a dentist appt, october 12,
i started perusing all the suptopics and found a great thread that was very inspiring"what to expect when you quit dipping" posting comments
with those guys, deepydeedont jeff and jayp. they helped and inspired me to quit nicotine in all forms for 36 days. i conquered alot of triggers,work,
softball, video games. But- i was consciously avoiding the bar, having only gone once since the 12th and had one beer. i had alot more last night, and
yeah i smoked a cigarette.bought a can of chew. Woke up this morning and puffed a couple off of this guys cig at work. around 10am i went into chat and
a couple of the guys convinced me to toss the can. so here i am.

this addiction has caused me alot of bullshit with the wife and finances and anxiety over my health.(had to go to doctors over summer because of strange lump in neck, which i of course thought was cancer). thats just scratching the surface, really. Its been a total mind game ever since she caught me 2 years ago and showed me mouth cancer pictures. now thats all i think about. im so done with this shit. but i need some help. i do not want to be a tobacco user anymore im so better than that.
quit date 11-18-14

I quit with you brother
You gave us a great introduction and hit a lot of good points but your reason to quit is still a little weak. Take your life back by quitting nicotine everyday. The pictures and disappointed family won't be a lasting motivation. If quitting is what you want, do everything you can to be successful; commit to yourself, post roll daily and promise your group and this brotherhood, avoid those triggers that weaken your willpower. The ball is in your court, let's see what you have.
1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems. Who the hell needs more problems?
You quit Today. Awesome! You made WT57 happy! follow all the quitters in your intro and you too will "be quit".
Do this ODAAT for You! You're worth it. No matter what the voices in your head are saying.
No nic for YOU Today! NAFAR!
WElcome to the best of your life.
post roll
honor your word
wake and repeat
I did it 909 times in a row. YOU can TOO, I promise.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »
Great to have you here! Keep posting, keep reading, and keep your promise!
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 01:55:00 PM »
Kicking quitters in the ass is what we do. Stay strong for the next couple of days because it does get easier.

Offline Vinmoore83

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 01:29:00 PM »
Thanks guys for the kick in the ass

Offline jonnyg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Paddle surfing, dog surfing, art, skateboarding, Spanish, cooking, landscaping
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 12:52:00 PM »
Quit on brother. I quit with you. Never walk alone.

Offline Vinmoore83

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
Thanks guys for the kick in the ass