Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Introduction
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 11:33:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Welcome, I think. I sense a lot of uncertainty in your intro. Sure, there will be apprehension and fear when quitting as you face withdrawal and your brain has to completely rewire to function without a poison. The whole process sucks to be honest. But why are you really quitting? I read about trying, hiding, not wanting to look like a fool to your wife and coworkers if you fail, a daughter, another kid on the way, etc. But what about addiction? You didn't mention that. Are you an addict? Quitting is forever, one day at a time, otherwise you are just stopping again. Quitting doesn't get put on hold for hunting season, or when out drinking, or anything else. So why are you really here?
Great points Evil. I too had stopped before only to have "one" during hunting season. There are obviously some questions to be answered. Also noticed "as I continue". This is a daily responsibility/duty. One cannot expect to succeed by swinging through every now and then.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »
You have a great quit "started". Making yourself accountable to your family and friends is a HUGE step. Having the right quit attitude is the next. Here's how it works around here. The price for admission into the club is a three step process.

Post Roll Daily (See the Welcome Center to find out how)
Honor your word (This one is to yourself and to your new quit brothers and sisters on KTC)
Be active in the KTC community (Being active has helped me be and stay quit)

that's how it works. September 14 is your quit group. Now get in there and make some new friends.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 11:28:00 AM »
Welcome, I think. I sense a lot of uncertainty in your intro. Sure, there will be apprehension and fear when quitting as you face withdrawal and your brain has to completely rewire to function without a poison. The whole process sucks to be honest. But why are you really quitting? I read about trying, hiding, not wanting to look like a fool to your wife and coworkers if you fail, a daughter, another kid on the way, etc. But what about addiction? You didn't mention that. Are you an addict? Quitting is forever, one day at a time, otherwise you are just stopping again. Quitting doesn't get put on hold for hunting season, or when out drinking, or anything else. So why are you really here?
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline toogoodootgr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-09
  • Interests: Offshore fishing, inshore fishing, hunting, boating, and anything else on the water
  • Likes Given: 0
Introduction
« on: June 09, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »
I decided to quit this morning 6/9/14. I have actually been thinking about it for a while. I quit smoking a little over a year ago. I really only smoked when I drank, and it honestly didn't hurt that bad. I have been dipping now for 17 years. I quit a few years ago, but started back during hunting season. I usually go through a can a day. I get one in the morning, and don't take it out until lunch. I put one in as soon as I'm done with lunch, and then put one in on the ride home from work. I have a 19 month old baby girl and another one due in September. I have seen what cancer has done to some friends, and I just decided today was the day. I have been a little anxious this morning, but not that bad. I think reading all the withdrawal symptoms has made me a little more nervous than I was before. I have told myself that I was going to quit, but I always kept it to myself. I never told the wife I was quitting, so if i failed she wouldn't know about it. I told her that i was quitting this morning. I told the people in my office i was quitting too. Now I cannot fail. If I start dipping again, then everyone will know that I couldn't handle it. I know that might not be the best way to look at it, but I think it will help motivate me. Anyway, I guess I am done rambling. Thanks for having this site, and I will update my status as I continue.