Author Topic: Quiting again-Hopefully for good  (Read 1261 times)

Offline jsevans87

• Quit Date: 2016-04-29
  • Interests: Outdoors - Hiking, Fishing, BMX, MTB, Baseball, Softball, Riding Dirtbike, Boulder climbing, everything. LOL
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quiting again-Hopefully for good
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 03:24:00 PM »
You all are true inspiration. Confirming I have come to the right place to hear the things that I need to hear.

SnufflesinSeattle and Mattlock you've convinced me to throw away my can, literally I flushed every last bit of it down my toilet. Thus making this very hour my first hour of quit. Daisy, I will certainly keep updating and visiting the site daily. I work shift work so it will be at various times but I am so thankful to have the support of all of you. The stories from those who quit before me, and those quitting with me are very inspiring and well worth focusing on. Together I know we will do this!

Thanks again!
"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."
"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure."
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done and then... find the way."
- Abe Lincoln

"If you aren't going all the way, why go at all?" - Joe Namath

Offline ReWire

• Master of Quit
  • Redeemed
  • Likes Given: 176
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 03:23:00 PM »
Welcome Justin. You found the right place for support in your quit. I hope you decide to throw all your poison out and post roll today.

It's good that you're being considerate of your wife, but this quit has to be for you first. Otherwise you'll end up resenting her at some point.

Make your promise, and keep your word. Its that simple. Not easy, but simple.
Old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new

Offline baseballbrett

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 03:16:00 PM »
Hey Justin,

I'm glad that you've decided to quit. I recently did too. Here is the link to the August Pre-HOF Roll Call... August Pre-HOF 2016. I am in the August class too. You should post roll call every morning when you decide to start. I agree with the other guys though. No time will ever be a "good" or "convenient" time to quit. Just say fk it and quit.

Offline cbean

• Quitter
  • Interests: I enjoy spending time with my family,hunting, fishing, playing guitar.
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 03:10:00 PM »
Agree with all who [posted above me. Put it all in the trash, Get to the August roll Call group and Join us. I am on Day 5 of my quit. If there is any honesty to your words, your daily promise to us that you will NOT use tobacco in any form will keep you off this crap. Take that step and do it. What's there to wait for??? One step closer to cancer? Another bout with heart burn? The best friend in the can? Come on man, you've read the information. You see how this is killing you. Trust me, 27 years of this crap and I'm on Day 5 of my quit and I ain't looking back bro!

Also, forget this 64 Days business. This is ONE DAY AT A TIME or ODAAT. Every day is 1 Day.

Offline mattlock

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-03-13
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 02:38:00 PM »
Justin, there is no better time to quit than RIGHT NOW and no better way to quit than cold turkey. You may have only been chewing for 2.5 years but you are just as addicted as I am after 30+ years. You aren't doing your brain any favors by trying to wean yourself.

It's not the dip you are addicted to, it's the nicotine. Take my word as I have tried the same in the past, it doesn't matter how much you dislike the taste of that brand you bought right now, your addict brain will eventually convince you that it tastes like a slice of heaven, so long as you are getting your nic fix. Think of all the disgusting addict behaviors nicotine has convinced that is not only not bad, but acceptable. Sacrificing time from your family and friends, hiding and lying, sneaking about. You think your addict brain will let a little thing like taste get in the way? Not a chance.

Having the 100 bucks as motivation is great and all, but you have got to want this because you are sick of being a slave to a focking plant. You can't quit for money, or family or a health scare. You have to quit for you, so make this about you and quit, 24 hours at a time then repeat the process. The plan is so simple, the execution can be difficult and that's where your brothers and sisters of KTC come in. Lean on them when things are tough and provide a rock for them to lean on when you are strong.

You CAN do this, today! No more tomorrow, next week, next month... grab your sack and get it done. We'll be here with you.

ETA: One other thing, time to change your vocabulary. Here we don't hope, or try or wish. Here we do.
Unlike quitting products, total adherence to a personal commitment to not violate the law of addiction provides a 100% guarantee of success. Although obedience may not always be easy, the law is clear, concise and simple - no nicotine today, not one puff, dip or chew!

HOF Speech

1st floor 06/20/2016
2nd floor 09/30/2016

Offline Daisy

• Quitter
  • Interests: #1 Live my life to Glorify God in All I do. My Son and Husband . Camping. Hiking. Fishing. Anything outdoors. NFL and NBA
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 02:28:00 PM »
Quote from: jsevans87
Hi everyone,

My name is Justin. I started chewing approximately 2 1/2 years ago and have tried to quit several times, making it 32 days the last time I had attempted to quit. I picked a quit date again and plan on quitting on May 6, 2016. I have been going through a can about every two days. I bought what I hope to be my last can today April 29, 2016. To make it easier I bought a product that I don't particularly care for and that I have rarely chewed instead of my regular product. I am very health conscious and I want to quit because I know the effects chewing can have on the human body, such as cancer, gum disease, heart disease, etc... Yet knowing the health consequences I still find it very difficult to quit. I also want to quit because my wife does not find it very attractive and has on many occasions voiced her opinion about my bad habit, from spit bottles to chew in the garbage can, I have heard it all. I plan to limit myself to 3 chews today and tomorrow. Then limit it to two chews on May 1st and May 2nd. Then down to one chew on May 3rd, May 4th, and May 5th. On May 6th I plan to purchase Smokey Mountain - Tobacco Free Chew - and use that to get past the craving of placing a dip in my lip. I then plan on purchasing some sugar free gum and supplementing with that. I'm also going to give my wife, $100.00 to hold on to with the intention of using it as motivation. Basically if I have a chew after May 6th, 2016 she can spend the $100.00 on whatever she wants but if I make it 64 days from May 6th I get the money back and can spend it on whatever I want. I chose 64 days as it will be double the amount of time I had made it the last time I quit chewing. I'm nervous that I will fail again. I look forward to everyone's support and hope to support everyone else who is trying to quit at the same time as me. I look forward to utilizing this site to help with my motivation and to remember why it is beneficial to just quit.

Good luck to all my brothers and sisters of quit. Together we can do this!
Welcome aboard... And Congrats on making the greatest decision. Its really simple. Get on here ever morning and post roll. The earlier the better. No reason You should be on here in the evening posting roll. It takes 30 seconds. You will be in the August 16 group. Read as much as you can. Find a hobby and whatever helps curve the craves and hang on. Its going to be bumpy at first. But you'll get the hang of it. If another quitter offers criticism. Just take it and learn. Don't get all offended and leave. Most the time they're just trying to help. If you're serious about quitting this place WILL help you But you have to let it. Reach out to as many quitters as you can. If you cant figure something out. Just ask. Again Welcome To KTC.... My only Question... Why wait???
Do I remember my life as a chewer? I do.
Do I still crave? I do.
Will I ever dip again? I cannot say.
Will I dip today? I will not.
Chewie.

I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me. Phill. 4:13

There's a difference between INTEREST and COMMITMENT. When your INTERESTED in doing something. You do it only when it's CONVIENIENT for you. When your COMMITTED to something. You except NO EXCUSES only RESULTS.

Words To Live BY.
The greatest achievement is selflessness.
The greatest worth is self-mastery.
The greatest quality is seeking to serve others.
The greatest precept is continual awareness.
The greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything.
The greatest action is not conforming with the worlds ways.
The greatest magic is transmuting the passions.
The greatest generosity is non-attachment.
The greatest goodness is a peaceful mind.
The greatest patience is humility.
The greatest effort is not concerned with results.
The greatest meditation is a mind that lets go.
The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances.

Atisha

06 Crue Chief
Quitting One Day at a Time
B.ig B.rother J.ack

https://www.gofundme.com/qt9nz3kk?viewu ... aign=upd_n

Offline SnufflessinSeattle

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-03-08
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 02:27:00 PM »
Hey Man, you're in the right place. From the outside looking in you are torturing yourself with all this weaning stuff. Take the can you just bought, throw one in if you want one last hoorah and dump the rest. Go buy the Smokey Mtn now and get started. By the time Monday comes around you'll be on day 3 of your quit.

Offline SnufflessinSeattle

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-03-08
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 02:24:00 PM »
Hey Man, you're in the right place. From the outside looking in you are torturing yourself with all this weaning stuff. Take the can you just bought, throw one in if you want one last hoorah and dump the rest. Go buy the Smokey Mtn now and get started. By the time Monday comes around you'll be on day 3 of your quit.

Offline jsevans87

• Quit Date: 2016-04-29
  • Interests: Outdoors - Hiking, Fishing, BMX, MTB, Baseball, Softball, Riding Dirtbike, Boulder climbing, everything. LOL
Quiting again-Hopefully for good
« on: April 29, 2016, 01:40:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Justin. I started chewing approximately 2 1/2 years ago and have tried to quit several times, making it 32 days the last time I had attempted to quit. I picked a quit date again and plan on quitting on May 6, 2016. I have been going through a can about every two days. I bought what I hope to be my last can today April 29, 2016. To make it easier I bought a product that I don't particularly care for and that I have rarely chewed instead of my regular product. I am very health conscious and I want to quit because I know the effects chewing can have on the human body, such as cancer, gum disease, heart disease, etc... Yet knowing the health consequences I still find it very difficult to quit. I also want to quit because my wife does not find it very attractive and has on many occasions voiced her opinion about my bad habit, from spit bottles to chew in the garbage can, I have heard it all. I plan to limit myself to 3 chews today and tomorrow. Then limit it to two chews on May 1st and May 2nd. Then down to one chew on May 3rd, May 4th, and May 5th. On May 6th I plan to purchase Smokey Mountain - Tobacco Free Chew - and use that to get past the craving of placing a dip in my lip. I then plan on purchasing some sugar free gum and supplementing with that. I'm also going to give my wife, $100.00 to hold on to with the intention of using it as motivation. Basically if I have a chew after May 6th, 2016 she can spend the $100.00 on whatever she wants but if I make it 64 days from May 6th I get the money back and can spend it on whatever I want. I chose 64 days as it will be double the amount of time I had made it the last time I quit chewing. I'm nervous that I will fail again. I look forward to everyone's support and hope to support everyone else who is trying to quit at the same time as me. I look forward to utilizing this site to help with my motivation and to remember why it is beneficial to just quit.

Good luck to all my brothers and sisters of quit. Together we can do this!
"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."
"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
"My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure."
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done and then... find the way."
- Abe Lincoln

"If you aren't going all the way, why go at all?" - Joe Namath