Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Pain
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 07:07:00 AM »
Welcome Racer,

Great intro and I sense a true commitment to quit for life, even though it will always be one day at a time. ( and I guess for you hours at a time for now). Your experience on the fishing trip seems to have shown you that there is never " just one" for nicotine addicts like us. I had the same experience as you many many times as I tried to stop before finding ktc and the great people here.

Glad to be quit with you!

CJ
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: Pain
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 04:32:00 AM »
Quote from: Bikeracer
Tonight I hurt, I am very slowly approaching 48 hours without having a dip (yes, right now I am counting hours) but the pain feels a little good. It is the sign of the dip leaving my body, it is the dependency wearing off, it is a good pain, a pain that I need to remember.

I started this game about ten years ago when I first went to off to school. The shit made me feel good and it was something to do with my buddies when we were sitting around watching TV. The plan was to dip until I was done with college then I would quit once I get a real job, and real life startsÂ… That didnÂ’t work well. I dipped a can a day for the better part of the last ten years.

I did stop once for a year and a half, it felt great! I pushed through quitting (30 days of it) before my girlfriend (now fiancee) moved in. I don’t really remember the fog, the headaches, the getting so mad at nothing you could punch through a wall. I quit and that was it, I do remember that it sucked some at times. A year and a half into my quit while drinking some beers at the lake a buddy tossed me a can, I tossed it back and told him I quit. A few hours later and a lot of beers later he tossed the can back and I slung a chaw into my mouth. It made me physically sick and I puked all over, but that didn’t stop me from getting up the next morning and justifying that at the “guys weekend” up north I could have some more. On Sunday I tossed the can and went home. It took me two months of buying a can, having a dip and tossing it to be back into a can a day habit.

Now two years later I sit here almost 48 hours into my quit writing this to remember what it feels like, something that I never want to feel again. This is one of the most frustrating pains that I have encountered because I know exactly how to resolve it. But it is something I have to endure, I know that at there is a light at the end of the tunnel. ThatÂ’s why I want to remember my pain, so that I never have to feel it again.

And look at that, I am quit for 48 hours. I'm in it for the haul, if you need a number PM me, I got a lot of help today from someone that pingd me.
Nice intro.

You know how to quit, but last time you did it alone. Your commitment to yourself and to your team is what works. The beginning sucks. No way around that. When you feed your brain a neurotoxin for years you have to expect and deserve some pain when the supply is shut down. Remember this, because giving your word and keeping it one day at s time on roll call means that what you are feeling now you will never feel again.

Welcome aboard racer. You will never regret quitting.

Offline Bikeracer

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Pain
« on: November 20, 2014, 12:19:00 AM »
Tonight I hurt, I am very slowly approaching 48 hours without having a dip (yes, right now I am counting hours) but the pain feels a little good. It is the sign of the dip leaving my body, it is the dependency wearing off, it is a good pain, a pain that I need to remember.

I started this game about ten years ago when I first went to off to school. The shit made me feel good and it was something to do with my buddies when we were sitting around watching TV. The plan was to dip until I was done with college then I would quit once I get a real job, and real life startsÂ… That didnÂ’t work well. I dipped a can a day for the better part of the last ten years.

I did stop once for a year and a half, it felt great! I pushed through quitting (30 days of it) before my girlfriend (now fiancee) moved in. I don’t really remember the fog, the headaches, the getting so mad at nothing you could punch through a wall. I quit and that was it, I do remember that it sucked some at times. A year and a half into my quit while drinking some beers at the lake a buddy tossed me a can, I tossed it back and told him I quit. A few hours later and a lot of beers later he tossed the can back and I slung a chaw into my mouth. It made me physically sick and I puked all over, but that didn’t stop me from getting up the next morning and justifying that at the “guys weekend” up north I could have some more. On Sunday I tossed the can and went home. It took me two months of buying a can, having a dip and tossing it to be back into a can a day habit.

Now two years later I sit here almost 48 hours into my quit writing this to remember what it feels like, something that I never want to feel again. This is one of the most frustrating pains that I have encountered because I know exactly how to resolve it. But it is something I have to endure, I know that at there is a light at the end of the tunnel. ThatÂ’s why I want to remember my pain, so that I never have to feel it again.

And look at that, I am quit for 48 hours. I'm in it for the haul, if you need a number PM me, I got a lot of help today from someone that pingd me.