Author Topic: My journey begins!  (Read 2998 times)

Offline Roadblock

• Quitter
  • Interests: I enjoy lifting weights and exercising. I also enjoy reading and many different outdoor activities. Spending time with my family is always the most enjoyable activity.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My journey begins!
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 11:23:00 AM »
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: Grizzly25
Quote from: Roadblock
Quote from: ballplayer76
We got a lot in common RB. I'm also 35, and a 20 year addict. Lost my mom to lung cancer when I was 17. It never led me to quit either. Just dipped even more due to the stress. You sound pretty strong in your quit brother. Keep it up. The strength in your words strengthen others.
Ballplayer, that is exactly what I was doing. Every damn stressful situation in my life was dictated by putting a dip in because it would "help calm my nerves". In truth, I really didn't need that shit in my lip. Look around, on a daily basis there are many people that are stressed and don't dip and they survive just fine. I refuse to believe that I am such a pussy that I "need" something in my lip when times are tough, when other people don't! Fuck nicotine is all I have to say haha
Quit Like Fuck brother!!!

Great stuff!

Really dive into this and constantly look forward, remain positive and think positive and great things are possible!
First of all, RB, your story of how you started dipping is also very similar to my story. I had my first dip (Skoal Wintergreen) at a baseball camp when I was 15 and I also remember the swirling head and having to prop myself up. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

As you gentlemen get further into your quits, you will realize a change occurring inside your head. Right now you've got your quit adrenaline flowing and you're pumped up and excited about your quit. These are all good things, but keep in mind that every high moment must necessarily be followed by a low moment. It's the ebb and flow of your quit. There are several turning points in your quit, but for me the 20's is a critical juncture. The 20's are when that adrenaline wears off and the reality of the quit hits home. Your brain starts playing tricks on you and the voice of that pesky addiction gets a bit louder.

This is the point where resolve, determination and perseverance take over and carry your quit into the future. Remember what you've written here RB, remember how you feel right now. Remind yourself that there is no reason whatsoever for you to go back to the addiction. You ALWAYS have a choice. You DO NOT need nicotine to operate on a daily basis. In fact, as you put more days under your belt, you'll realize that your mindset is changing. Instead of feeling the need to reach for a can every time something stressful comes up, you learn how to deal with life on a "normal" level. Things become easier to understand and cope with. It may not seem that way right now, but believe me you will get there one day.

You may be tired of hearing it by now but this is just a portion of what We Quit Like Fuck means to me. You've made your decision to quit, now stay involved and stay active.
Coach, thanks for the words. I do understand that there will come a time that the adrenaline wears off and I am truly left with a choice. I also know that it won't neccesarily be easy, but I do look forward to the moment, when I look at nic in hard times and say 'hey nic-GO FUCK YOURSELF'. I will not forget where I am today nor will I forget where I was 11 days ago. I will focus on the positive, lean on my KTC brothers and fucking destroy any speed bumps in my way! I do appreciate your insight and I look forward to more of it in the future. -Jay
Quitting is for losers? Fuck that, Quitting is for the determined badass who wants to take back control of what is rightfully his. It's called life!

Offline Roadblock

• Quitter
  • Interests: I enjoy lifting weights and exercising. I also enjoy reading and many different outdoor activities. Spending time with my family is always the most enjoyable activity.
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 11:16:00 AM »
We got a lot in common RB. I'm also 35, and a 20 year addict. Lost my mom to lung cancer when I was 17. It never led me to quit either. Just dipped even more due to the stress. You sound pretty strong in your quit brother. Keep it up. The strength in your words strengthen others.
Ballplayer, that is exactly what I was doing. Every damn stressful situation in my life was dictated by putting a dip in because it would "help calm my nerves". In truth, I really didn't need that shit in my lip. Look around, on a daily basis there are many people that are stressed and don't dip and they survive just fine. I refuse to believe that I am such a pussy that I "need" something in my lip when times are tough, when other people don't! Fuck nicotine is all I have to say haha

Great stuff!

Really dive into this and constantly look forward, remain positive and think positive and great things are possible!
I completely agree with you Grizzly. Far to often, we only think about having a chew in, the taste of our chew and many other things. The thought of chew is constantly on our minds. Why isn't your wife constantly on your mind. Why isn't your kids constantly on your mind. Why the fuck would you waste so much time and effort, through thought or actuality, on something that is there to kill you and take you away from your family? Seriously, why the fuck would any grown as man waste the time on something like that when he could at least be TRYING to think of other more positive things.
I learned a poem in the fourth grade and one of the lines in that poem said:
'If you think you are beaten you are'. That is so true. The way your attitude is towards your quit is going to dictate the final outcome of your quit. That is why I said this time around for me, I have a true quit. Because I truly, 100% believe that I am going to beat the shit out of nic once and for all. I know that I could have an urge at any time for the rest of my life, but I don't have to worry about the rest of my life. I only have to worry about this minute in this hour of this day. That is it. If I do that......I win!
Sorry to ramble so much haha
Quitting is for losers? Fuck that, Quitting is for the determined badass who wants to take back control of what is rightfully his. It's called life!

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 11:08:00 AM »

Great stuff!

First of all, RB, your story of how you started dipping is also very similar to my story. I had my first dip (Skoal Wintergreen) at a baseball camp when I was 15 and I also remember the swirling head and having to prop myself up. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

As you gentlemen get further into your quits, you will realize a change occurring inside your head. Right now you've got your quit adrenaline flowing and you're pumped up and excited about your quit. These are all good things, but keep in mind that every high moment must necessarily be followed by a low moment. It's the ebb and flow of your quit. There are several turning points in your quit, but for me the 20's is a critical juncture. The 20's are when that adrenaline wears off and the reality of the quit hits home. Your brain starts playing tricks on you and the voice of that pesky addiction gets a bit louder.

This is the point where resolve, determination and perseverance take over and carry your quit into the future. Remember what you've written here RB, remember how you feel right now. Remind yourself that there is no reason whatsoever for you to go back to the addiction. You ALWAYS have a choice. You DO NOT need nicotine to operate on a daily basis. In fact, as you put more days under your belt, you'll realize that your mindset is changing. Instead of feeling the need to reach for a can every time something stressful comes up, you learn how to deal with life on a "normal" level. Things become easier to understand and cope with. It may not seem that way right now, but believe me you will get there one day.

You may be tired of hearing it by now but this is just a portion of what We Quit Like Fuck means to me. You've made your decision to quit, now stay involved and stay active.
Make Your Decision

Offline Roadblock

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 11:05:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
I have had a feeling of 'TRUE QUIT' which means that I am truly feeling this.

Of all the times I've attempted to stop or even paused for short times that statement says it all. that is exactly how I feel this is "True Quit" thank you RB
I agree WT, "true quit" is just that. We don't doubt, we don't hope, we don't wish, we don't think or dream about it...WE JUST FUCKING KNOW!

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »

Great stuff!

"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
I have had a feeling of 'TRUE QUIT' which means that I am truly feeling this.

Of all the times I've attempted to stop or even paused for short times that statement says it all. that is exactly how I feel this is "True Quit" thank you RB
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Roadblock

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 09:56:00 AM »
Quote from: Wedgie
Roadblock, I haven't addressed you yet. I'm highly impressed with your quit. Your attitude is infectious and I think that you are going to majorly inspire your fellow August quitters. You are helping an already strong group with sabre, lou, mrcap, and everyone else.
Thanks Wedgie! I want everybody to try and keep a great attitude towards their quit. Yes, some days suck ass, but if we can stay positive for each other then things might just be a little easier. My attitude towards my quit is 'no holds barred' baby! I am taken this bitch named nic and throat punching the shit out of her! She is gonna be laying there clutching her throat begging for mercy and the bitch ain't getting it, her head will roll, THAT IS FOR DAMN SURE! 'gil'

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 09:34:00 AM »
Roadblock, I haven't addressed you yet. I'm highly impressed with your quit. Your attitude is infectious and I think that you are going to majorly inspire your fellow August quitters. You are helping an already strong group with sabre, lou, mrcap, and everyone else.

Offline Roadblock

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 09:31:00 AM »

Offline ballplayer76

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, football, fishing, and hanging with family and friends.
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »

Offline Roadblock

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 03:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Well, I am on day 10 of my quit and everything is going way better then expected. Although I really wanted this (to quit) I did have some slight doubts due to failing so many times in the past. Just thinking about getting through day 1 was enough to cause a headache but I did it and now I am pushing on to day 11.

(This is longer then I wanted it to be but you might be able to relate)

Let me first give you a little background of me and my chewing history. My name is Jay. I am 35 years old, married to my beautiful wife and have 2 great kids. I served in the Marine Corps for four years and worked along side some of the Marines for 6 more years as a Police Officer. From what I can remember, I began chewing right around the age of 15. My friends and I played all kinds of sports but the sport that introduced me to chewing tobacco was baseball. I remember one of the guys had brought some Red Man and Levi Garret to practice one day and we all decided to give it a try, literally about 10 of us tried it for the first time together, no big deal right?  WRONG!! We all ended up with a little "buzz" and thought this was pretty cool, besides, guys like Lenny Dykstra were chewing so why not? After a few weeks myself and four friends went to an Arizona State Baseball camp and my friend had brought just about every kind of leaf tobacco you could imagine, shit that I had never even heard of such as Apple Jacks and Cannon Ball plug. Well looking at his bag, it was like looking at a big box of candy. As stupid as it sounds, I thought this was pretty cool. I mean not everyone is "man" enough to chew tobacco right. This trip is where I officially tried dip for the first time. The ASU baseball players all said they usually dip instead of chew leaf. (In fairness to them, they did discourage the use but realized they couldn't condemn it since they use it). The only thing I remember is that the dip I tried (can't remember what kind but I think it was Skoal) literally knocked me on my ass. Man did I get sick. I started sweating and getting hot as hell. It is funny when I think back because I specifically remember thinking that I would never do that shit again. WRONG!
Although it is all kind of blurry now, long story shortened....I became addicted. I don't know how I really switched to dip but I am pretty damn sure that it was basically my friends using it so I used it also, plus it was easier to hide during games and from the coach.
Fast forward, my friends and I all went to college and we all dipped. We all tried quitting together and we lasted about 30 days and then we were sitting there and it hit us all at the same time, lets go raid my other roommates room and grab his can. From that point on dip just became a part of me. I used it as a stress reliever. I used it while drinking, sleeping, shitting, showering etc etc etc....

When I joined the Marine Corps, I went through 12 weeks of boot camp and did not have a choice to quit or not, I did by force. I don't remember having any cravings or anything else, but that is pretty easy when you are completely stressed beyond belief and have literally 0 minutes to think about it.  I graduate boot camp and leave MCRD San Diego and where is the first place I go on the way to our hotel....I go to a store and buy a 6 pack of Sam Adams and a can of Copenhagen Snuff. The look on my wifes face was a mixture of shock and disappointment. I didn't really care though. I had just went through twelve weeks of hell and I was now a United States Marine. I was a big boy and no one could tell me what I already didn't know. It was bad for me. It could cause cancer. It stains your teeth blah blah blah.....I already know that. 

Now here is a real kicker. My mother died of colon cancer that had spread to other parts of her body. She died at home with my dad, my brother, my sister and I were all next to her when she took her last breath. Now as sad and disgusted as this is (and it really just dawned on me while writing this) as soon as we said a prayer for her all together, I walked outside to call my wife, but just before I grabbed my phone, yep you guessed it, I put in a fucking chew. How fucking selfish I was. In all my years, I was 28 at the time, I had NEVER seen my Dad shed a tear and there he was teary eyed and lost because my Mom died of cancer, yet there is me, a selfish prick putting in a dip in front of my Dad. PATHETIC!!!! Now the excuse I used was that my Mother never smoked, never drank (I saw here with a glass of wine 1 time in my life) never did a single drug in her life, yet she got cancer. I figured that cancer is something that someone is gonna get by pure fate. If God chooses you, you get it. It really doesn't matter if you smoke, drink, dip or anything else. It is all fate. I mean hell, we are told that everything has cancer causing agents in it, even water.

I don't know exactly what led me to this site 10 days ago. I don't know why, just before I saw this site for the first time, I decided to quit. Was it fate that brought me here? Possibly. It doesn't really matter if it was or not, what matters is that I am here and I AM QUIT.

Since I quit 10 days ago, I have to say that everything has gone great. I bought a bunch of gum. I bought some SM and Hooch herbal snuff and for the first time in my life, I actually believe that I can achieve my goal of quitting. I believe this because this is the first time that I have truly attempted a quit FOR ME-NOT FOR ANYONE ELSE. I wasn't quitting as a bet. I wasn't quitting with a group of people. I wasn't quitting for my wife or my kids or anyone else! I SIMPLY QUIT FOR ME(keep in mind that although this was for me, my wife and kids had a whole lot to do with it, without there knowledge). 
Here is a simple breakdown of MY QUIT:
1. I chose to quit FOR ME!
2. I found KTC and read a whole lot.
3. I chose to join KTC and become involved.
4. I bought some gum and herbal snuff to keep my cravings to a minimum.
5. I post daily for accountability
6. I stay involved daily with KTC because it literally helps me to know that you all  understand me and what I am feeling.
7. I focus daily on what I want and what I need to do to get there.
8. Although strangers, I truly do not want to fail my brothers here on KTC.

That is basically it. If I continue to do these things daily, I have no doubt that I will succeed in my quit. I am sorry for the long winded story but I thought this could help some people understand where I am coming from.

I want to leave by stating this:
I TRULY, TRULY BELIEVE THAT IF WE (KTC) LEAN ON EACH OTHER, CHECK ON EACH OTHER AND MOTIVATE EACH OTHER, EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US WILL SUCCEED. I want to do anything I can do to help each and everyone here. I know it sounds weird but I care about you guys. Hell, Bruce and WT check on me almost daily. I send out text messages almost daily as well. This is what is going to get us through this hell.  Stay strong my brothers and sister, WE GOT THIS SHIT!
RoadBlock You are a true inspiration. Your enthusiasm and excitement in your quit can be felt on the computer screen, it comes screaming through.
You are into one solid quit. Everyone should be as forceful as you. I love your posts they give me strength. thank you
Thanks for the kind words brother! I really feel that the more positive that I am here on KTC, the more positive I feel about my own quit, whether I am having a hard time or not! Like I said, since joining KTC, I have had a feeling of 'TRUE QUIT' which means that I am truly feeling this. Quitting is a very difficult thing to do, however, it DOESN'T have to be as hard as we make it.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 01:59:00 AM »
Well, I am on day 10 of my quit and everything is going way better then expected. Although I really wanted this (to quit) I did have some slight doubts due to failing so many times in the past. Just thinking about getting through day 1 was enough to cause a headache but I did it and now I am pushing on to day 11.

Let me first give you a little background of me and my chewing history. My name is Jay. I am 35 years old, married to my beautiful wife and have 2 great kids. I served in the Marine Corps for four years and worked along side some of the Marines for 6 more years as a Police Officer. From what I can remember, I began chewing right around the age of 15. My friends and I played all kinds of sports but the sport that introduced me to chewing tobacco was baseball. I remember one of the guys had brought some Red Man and Levi Garret to practice one day and we all decided to give it a try, literally about 10 of us tried it for the first time together, no big deal right? WRONG!! We all ended up with a little "buzz" and thought this was pretty cool, besides, guys like Lenny Dykstra were chewing so why not? After a few weeks myself and four friends went to an Arizona State Baseball camp and my friend had brought just about every kind of leaf tobacco you could imagine, shit that I had never even heard of such as Apple Jacks and Cannon Ball plug. Well looking at his bag, it was like looking at a big box of candy. As stupid as it sounds, I thought this was pretty cool. I mean not everyone is "man" enough to chew tobacco right. This trip is where I officially tried dip for the first time. The ASU baseball players all said they usually dip instead of chew leaf. (In fairness to them, they did discourage the use but realized they couldn't condemn it since they use it). The only thing I remember is that the dip I tried (can't remember what kind but I think it was Skoal) literally knocked me on my ass. Man did I get sick. I started sweating and getting hot as hell. It is funny when I think back because I specifically remember thinking that I would never do that shit again. WRONG!
Although it is all kind of blurry now, long story shortened....I became addicted. I don't know how I really switched to dip but I am pretty damn sure that it was basically my friends using it so I used it also, plus it was easier to hide during games and from the coach.
Fast forward, my friends and I all went to college and we all dipped. We all tried quitting together and we lasted about 30 days and then we were sitting there and it hit us all at the same time, lets go raid my other roommates room and grab his can. From that point on dip just became a part of me. I used it as a stress reliever. I used it while drinking, sleeping, shitting, showering etc etc etc....

When I joined the Marine Corps, I went through 12 weeks of boot camp and did not have a choice to quit or not, I did by force. I don't remember having any cravings or anything else, but that is pretty easy when you are completely stressed beyond belief and have literally 0 minutes to think about it. I graduate boot camp and leave MCRD San Diego and where is the first place I go on the way to our hotel....I go to a store and buy a 6 pack of Sam Adams and a can of Copenhagen Snuff. The look on my wifes face was a mixture of shock and disappointment. I didn't really care though. I had just went through twelve weeks of hell and I was now a United States Marine. I was a big boy and no one could tell me what I already didn't know. It was bad for me. It could cause cancer. It stains your teeth blah blah blah.....I already know that.

Now here is a real kicker. My mother died of colon cancer that had spread to other parts of her body. She died at home with my dad, my brother, my sister and I were all next to her when she took her last breath. Now as sad and disgusted as this is (and it really just dawned on me while writing this) as soon as we said a prayer for her all together, I walked outside to call my wife, but just before I grabbed my phone, yep you guessed it, I put in a fucking chew. How fucking selfish I was. In all my years, I was 28 at the time, I had NEVER seen my Dad shed a tear and there he was teary eyed and lost because my Mom died of cancer, yet there is me, a selfish prick putting in a dip in front of my Dad. PATHETIC!!!! Now the excuse I used was that my Mother never smoked, never drank (I saw here with a glass of wine 1 time in my life) never did a single drug in her life, yet she got cancer. I figured that cancer is something that someone is gonna get by pure fate. If God chooses you, you get it. It really doesn't matter if you smoke, drink, dip or anything else. It is all fate. I mean hell, we are told that everything has cancer causing agents in it, even water.

I don't know exactly what led me to this site 10 days ago. I don't know why, just before I saw this site for the first time, I decided to quit. Was it fate that brought me here? Possibly. It doesn't really matter if it was or not, what matters is that I am here and I AM QUIT.

Since I quit 10 days ago, I have to say that everything has gone great. I bought a bunch of gum. I bought some SM and Hooch herbal snuff and for the first time in my life, I actually believe that I can achieve my goal of quitting. I believe this because this is the first time that I have truly attempted a quit FOR ME-NOT FOR ANYONE ELSE. I wasn't quitting as a bet. I wasn't quitting with a group of people. I wasn't quitting for my wife or my kids or anyone else! I SIMPLY QUIT FOR ME(keep in mind that although this was for me, my wife and kids had a whole lot to do with it, without there knowledge).
6. I stay involved daily with KTC because it literally helps me to know that you all understand me and what I am feeling.

That is basically it. If I continue to do these things daily, I have no doubt that I will succeed in my quit. I am sorry for the long winded story but I thought this could help some people understand where I am coming from.

I TRULY, TRULY BELIEVE THAT IF WE (KTC) LEAN ON EACH OTHER, CHECK ON EACH OTHER AND MOTIVATE EACH OTHER, EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US WILL SUCCEED. I want to do anything I can do to help each and everyone here. I know it sounds weird but I care about you guys. Hell, Bruce and WT check on me almost daily. I send out text messages almost daily as well. This is what is going to get us through this hell. Stay strong my brothers and sister, WE GOT THIS SHIT!
RoadBlock You are a true inspiration. Your enthusiasm and excitement in your quit can be felt on the computer screen, it comes screaming through.
You are into one solid quit. Everyone should be as forceful as you. I love your posts they give me strength. thank you
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Roadblock

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 01:38:00 AM »

Let me first give you a little background of me and my chewing history. My name is Jay. I am 35 years old, married to my beautiful wife and have 2 great kids. I served in the Marine Corps for four years and worked along side some of the Marines for 6 more years as a Police Officer. From what I can remember, I began chewing right around the age of 15. My friends and I played all kinds of sports but the sport that introduced me to chewing tobacco was baseball. I remember one of the guys had brought some Red Man and Levi Garret to practice one day and we all decided to give it a try, literally about 10 of us tried it for the first time together, no big deal right? WRONG!! We all ended up with a little "buzz" and thought this was pretty cool, besides, guys like Lenny Dykstra were chewing so why not? After a few weeks myself and four friends went to an Arizona State Baseball camp and my friend had brought just about every kind of leaf tobacco you could imagine, shit that I had never even heard of such as Apple Jacks and Cannon Ball plug. Well looking at his bag, it was like looking at a big box of candy. As stupid as it sounds, I thought this was pretty cool. I mean not everyone is "man" enough to chew tobacco right. This trip is where I officially tried dip for the first time. The ASU baseball players all said they usually dip instead of chew leaf. (In fareness to them, they did discourage the use but realized they couldn't condemn it since they use it). The only thing I remember is that the dip I tried (can't remember what kind but I think it was Skoal) literally knocked me on my ass. Man did I get sick. I started sweating and getting hot as hell. It is funny when I think back because I specifically remember thinking that I would never do that shit again. WRONG!
Fast forward, my friends and I all went to college and we all dipped. We all tried quitting together and we lasted about 30 days and then we were sitting there and it hit us all at the same time, lets go raid my other roomates room and grab his can. From that point on dip just became a part of me. I used it as a stress reliever. I used it while drinking, sleeping, shitting, showering etc etc etc....

When I joined the Marine Corps, I went through 12 weeks of boot camp and did not have a choice to quit or not, I did by force. I don't remember having any cravings or anything else, but that is pretty easy when you are completely stressed beyond belief and have literally 0 minutes to think about it. I graduate boot camp and leave MCRD San Diego and where is the first place I go on the way to our hotel....I go to a store and buy a 6 pack of Sam Adams and a can of Copenhagen Snuff. The look on my wifes face was a mixture of shock and disappointment. I didn't really care though. I had just went through twelve weeks of hell and I was now a United States Marine. I was a big boy and noone could tell me what I already didn't know. It was bad for me. It could cause cancer. It stains your teeth blah blah blah.....I already know that.

I don't know exactlly what led me to this site 10 days ago. I don't know why, just before I saw this site for the first time, I decided to quit. Was it fate that brought me here? Possibly. It doesn't really matter if it was or not, what matters is that I am here and I AM QUIT.

6. I stay involved daily with KTC because it literally helps me to know that you all understand me and what I am feeling.

I TRULY, TRULY BELIEVE THAT IF WE (KTC) LEAN ON EACH OTHER, CHECK ON EACH OTHER AND MOTIVATE EACH OTHER, EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US WILL SUCCEED. I want to do anything I can do to help each and everyone here. I know it sounds weird but I care about you guys. Hell, Bruce and WT check on me almost daily. I send out text messages almost daily as well. This is what is going to get us through this hell. Stay strong my brothers and sister, WE GOT THIS SHIT!

Offline Roadblock

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 04:52:00 AM »
Quote from: tsmith17
Thanks fellas! I plan on staying strong, staying positive and helping out as much as possible. I appreciate your guys' support!   -Jay
Get involved in your group as much as you can. Your quit brothers will be your closest supporters for as long as you stay quit, which is going to be a long time! Get to know people. It will only help your quit. By the way roadblock, my name is Tyler. I am 24 years old. I used dip for over 10 years. I live in Iowa and I am proud to be quit with you.
Hell ya Tyler-we be quitting like motherf*ckers!!! haha I am Jay, 35 (albeit a very immature 35) and been chewing for roughly 20 years. I am from Idaho bro! Proud to be quit with you also brother!

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Life is good when you're quit.
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 03:47:00 AM »
Thanks fellas! I plan on staying strong, staying positive and helping out as much as possible. I appreciate your guys' support!  -Jay
Get involved in your group as much as you can. Your quit brothers will be your closest supporters for as long as you stay quit, which is going to be a long time! Get to know people. It will only help your quit. By the way roadblock, my name is Tyler. I am 24 years old. I used dip for over 10 years. I live in Iowa and I am proud to be quit with you.