Author Topic: Need some help!  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Need some help!
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 06:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Yes. Careful on the fake. I too ordered every brand and flavor under the sun.

Did not like them.

Why? Because they did not contain nicotine.

I settled on using some gummy, hard as hell mint stuff that tasted NOTHING like Kodiak. I did find some that did taste similar but my brain did not like that. So when I got REALLY hard up I'd take a pinch of the nasty gummy shit, just to sooth me. I did not use it for long though.

For me fake didn't do much. Other guys swear by it.

Dont put too much of your eggs in the fake basket. There's better places for them.
Personal preference on the fake Nardo, but personally I'm with Diesel, that shit is nasty and is kind of a dangerous road in my opinion.

When I was in the middle of the fog, (day 2-7ish) I would throw in a pinch of coffee grounds. This was gross too but again I was coming out of my skin and it seemed to give me a little jolt and it gave me something to spit.

I like the gym idea too. Good job on day. Just do whatever it takes to keep nicotine out of your system. These next few days are gonna be uncomfortable, it will get better. Keep your eye on the prize. Remember this shit is life or death Nardo.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 11:01:00 PM »
Yes. Careful on the fake. I too ordered every brand and flavor under the sun.

Did not like them.

Why? Because they did not contain nicotine.

I settled on using some gummy, hard as hell mint stuff that tasted NOTHING like Kodiak. I did find some that did taste similar but my brain did not like that. So when I got REALLY hard up I'd take a pinch of the nasty gummy shit, just to sooth me. I did not use it for long though.

For me fake didn't do much. Other guys swear by it.

Dont put too much of your eggs in the fake basket. There's better places for them.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »
Nothing more I can add hardly other than to let you know I too am here to support you! Thank you for your service bro, I will quit with you every day man.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 09:44:00 PM »
Quote from: loot
Quote from: Smokeyg
Quote from: nardo
First off thanks everyone for the support, I can already tell how this is going to help!

Ok, so my first day quit! Fuck yeah! Made it through, killed about a pound of sunflower seeds, had an urge and went straight to the gym. Definitely rough day though especially having the day off where I usually just sit around and would dip my brains out. Just waitin on my smokey mountain now to come in. Got just about one of each can comin in try em all out find a favorite! Anyone know of any other good non tobacco-nicotine dips?

Anyway day 2 today, here comes the real test, no dip at work with all the bullshit I have to deal with on the daily, time to man the fuck up!
dearest nardo (aka badass motherfucker)

You seem pretty fucking set on alternatives. Is this an addiction or a habit?

The best alternative is your strength. What about you makes you a soldier? What's harder - quitting a weed or defending your country? Own this shit. Don't depend on mass produced fake chew - own your individual freedom.

Happy Independence Day.
Whoop

There it is
tag team - back again, check it to wreck it let's begin....

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Smokeyg
First off thanks everyone for the support, I can already tell how this is going to help!

Ok, so my first day quit! Fuck yeah! Made it through, killed about a pound of sunflower seeds, had an urge and went straight to the gym. Definitely rough day though especially having the day off where I usually just sit around and would dip my brains out. Just waitin on my smokey mountain now to come in. Got just about one of each can comin in try em all out find a favorite! Anyone know of any other good non tobacco-nicotine dips?

Anyway day 2 today, here comes the real test, no dip at work with all the bullshit I have to deal with on the daily, time to man the fuck up!

The best alternative is your strength. What about you makes you a soldier? What's harder - quitting a weed or defending your country? Own this shit. Don't depend on mass produced fake chew - own your individual freedom.

Happy Independence Day.
Whoop

There it is

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »

Happy Independence Day.

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 09:39:00 PM »
Welcome bro. Welcome to your freedom.

Offline nardo

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 09:34:00 PM »

Keep Calm and CHIVE On!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »
The best day to quit is today. The worst day to quit is tomorrow.

You got this shit man. We are here to help you.

Its time to find yourself again bro. The real you. Not the one dependant on posion weeds in a can.

You're gonna like what you find, just like your Dad did. God didn't bring us into this world with a mouth full of posion. We came in clean and addicted only to our mommy's teet.

We've all been you...finger banging a can and chin dippin like a fool THINKING it was enhancing our fun, relieving stress, helping us concentrate, relieving boredom.

All bullshit.

Dip fills no voids in your life, it creates them. The only thing you are relieving when you put a dip in is the withdrawl pang from the last time you spit one out. Its a vicious cycle. I guarantee you don't get any buzz from it anymore, and I bet their are soldiers there who don't use it. If they can do it, why can't you?

YOU CAN.

It will not be easy. The bitch hooks her claws in pretty deep, but they are unhookable, and the freedom on the other side is beyond belief. To be unshackled from the chains of addiction is one of the most beautiful and liberating feelings you will ever feel.

It will take hard work to get there, but we will help you walk the road. We know the pitfalls and forks to take and to avoid.

You need anything at anytime, you hit me up.

Thanks for your service!!!

Diesel2112
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 07:22:00 AM »
Welcome aboard Nardo.

There comes a time in the life of a dipper in which that person says, "what the hell has become of me?" "do I really need this shit to feel normal?". Two cans/night at the bar, I've been there too man. I am excited that are taking a stand and fighting for your freedom. I did the same thing 185 days ago and I must tell you soldier, it changed my life. I will quit with you today.

You picked a great day to quit Nardo. Happy Independence Day and thank you for your service. If you need anything reach out.

Ryan

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 01:54:00 AM »
Thanks for you service Nardo. Congrats on a great decision - especially when excuses are so easy to come by.

I see a hole in your plan. What happens during your 12 hour work day if a can suddenly becomes available? What happens when a comrade hears you've quit and decides that you've earned one of his chews? What happens when you end up at the bar to celebrate _________?

Be prepared. Plan for reality.

Remember your dad. Remember his smile. Post roll first thing every day. When the moment comes - tell yourself: "I've earned this freedom. I may cave someday, but today I'm quit. I am a man of my word. I am free."

Some shit like that. Have a mantra. Something that you can recite and believe when fucked up in 120 degree heat.

You've got this.

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 01:21:00 AM »
Well here we go....after a spending the last day checking out the ins and outs of this site, ive decided its about fucking time i kicked this habit out of my life for good! Ive realized its only me that can do it, all the times i "quit" for my Fiance, my brother, or anyone else that said it was bad...well i realize why it never worked. Because I didnt want to. Well this time its different, i want it, I want my quit, and i want this to be in the past and out of my life. I come from a long line of addictive personalities, drugs, alcohol, you name it and my addiction to this poison is just as bad! My dad quit drinking when i left for basic training, when i finally came home seeing the joy on his face was amazing and now with him being 2 and a half years sober...if he can kick that why cant I do this! A lot of people ive been talking to have all pretty much said i was fucking nuts for doing this at this particular time in life, and i say why not? Im currently deployed and as many of you prior service members would know, this is where you pick up those shitty nicotine habits, but not me! Here are my thoughts on it, I wok 12 hours a day in the blistering heat, if i dont have a can during the day, theres absolutely no way of getting one out to me, and its so scarce here that aint nobody gonna share a pinch! Then after work its straight too the gym for about 2 hours, my new sanctuary, where i will continue to go and work harder at my new addiction to help get rid of the old. After that head to eat and get to bed, a simple life style out here that i find easy to quit in. Also no alcohol cant be drinking for the next 5-6 months, and that was my weak point. Hell i could go through almost 2 cans just in a night at the bar!! Whiskey and Copenhagen, just went together so good! and most off all, it makes sense to me to quit here, and thats all that fucking matters!!

Im ready to sack up and do this! Today is day 1! July 4th 2013, a new stage in my life.

(it is already the 4th out here where im at, im 10 hours ahead so if i ever post roll call late its really the morning for me)

Day 1: Today, time to embrace the suck!

Happy 4th of July everyone!
Hot damn I loved this post!

Welcome to KTC and to FREEDOM! Ring it in buddy! You have so got this.
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline nardo

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 01:13:00 AM »
Well here we go....after a spending the last day checking out the ins and outs of this site, ive decided its about fucking time i kicked this habit out of my life for good! Ive realized its only me that can do it, all the times i "quit" for my Fiance, my brother, or anyone else that said it was bad...well i realize why it never worked. Because I didnt want to. Well this time its different, i want it, I want my quit, and i want this to be in the past and out of my life. I come from a long line of addictive personalities, drugs, alcohol, you name it and my addiction to this poison is just as bad! My dad quit drinking when i left for basic training, when i finally came home seeing the joy on his face was amazing and now with him being 2 and a half years sober...if he can kick that why cant I do this! A lot of people ive been talking to have all pretty much said i was fucking nuts for doing this at this particular time in life, and i say why not? Im currently deployed and as many of you prior service members would know, this is where you pick up those shitty nicotine habits, but not me! Here are my thoughts on it, I wok 12 hours a day in the blistering heat, if i dont have a can during the day, theres absolutely no way of getting one out to me, and its so scarce here that aint nobody gonna share a pinch! Then after work its straight too the gym for about 2 hours, my new sanctuary, where i will continue to go and work harder at my new addiction to help get rid of the old. After that head to eat and get to bed, a simple life style out here that i find easy to quit in. Also no alcohol cant be drinking for the next 5-6 months, and that was my weak point. Hell i could go through almost 2 cans just in a night at the bar!! Whiskey and Copenhagen, just went together so good! and most off all, it makes sense to me to quit here, and thats all that fucking matters!!

Im ready to sack up and do this! Today is day 1! July 4th 2013, a new stage in my life.

(it is already the 4th out here where im at, im 10 hours ahead so if i ever post roll call late its really the morning for me)

Day 1: Today, time to embrace the suck!

Happy 4th of July everyone!
Keep Calm and CHIVE On!

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 03:00:00 PM »
Hey man, good for you.

I'm a 20 year chewer and I've 'tried' quitting 50+ times. Today's only my 10th day being quit, but 10 days is a milestone for me and this time it's just different...

My simple advice to you is:

-First, make a decision. Are you quitting? There's no gray area.

-If you really want to quit and are tired of telling yourself lies or waiting to get cancer, take the time to read the simple instructions.

-Accept the advice of your friends on this site. There is an army of people on KTC (all far ballsier and wiser than I) that will give you candid, real, and helpful guidance.

-Man up.

Welcome. This place is legit.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 01:45:00 PM »
Hey everyone! Obviously im new here still working my way around, but just want to start off by asking for help and advise. Im in the military and currently deployed, ive been dipping since i was 17 and am now 23. I want to quit. I want to just because i find myself doing it only because i need to satisfy my cravings and for no other reason that that other than i need my fix. Ive chewed any where from 2 cans a day to having absolutly none for 9 weeks before jumping right back into it out of basic training. right now and for the last 3 days ive cut it down to throwin a lip in on the way to post, and one on the way back...but i want it gone. I dont know where to go from here, ive ordered some smokey mountain snuff and its on its way and im hoping that will help satisfy the oral fixation aspect of this evil. any thing helps guys and i appreciate it in advance

KCCO
This site can help you kick your nicotine habit to the curb. We don't use words like try or hope as they are just another excuse for our addictive brains to tell us another lie. There are no short cuts, but here are some links that will help you navigate this site.

This a NO NICOTINE site. End of discussion. Why this Site Works

Biggest thing to do is get acquainted with this site.

Highly recommend you go here: Welcome Center, Getting Acclimated, What to Expect   Top Ten List

Your quit Decision MUST be 100% about you. Anything short of that sets you up for failure by allowing your addict brain to blame a given situation as reason for you to go back to the can. Quitting out of fear of a medical issue fades as soon as the doctor or dentist gives you a clean bill of health.

Thanks for your service

check you inbox (1) upper right
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance