Author Topic: this one might be a bit different  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: this one might be a bit different
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »
You can use this site to quit smoking too. Just follow our lead. Cold turkey or move along.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 01:32:00 PM »
poof
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »
I'm with Coach Doc. Whereas this is the gheyest thing I've read, and whereas a lot of effort was put into this BS as to piss off real quitters, be it resolved that this is a troll.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
I'm not sure if I smell troll...or ignorance. Either way, I'll be surprised to see this one back...

When you open with, "this one MIGHT be different...," it's a sure-fire sign that it won't.....
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »
AWD, not much I can add here that my fellow quitters did. Just want to say welcome, I hope you can find your inner man, dump that shit in every form and join us.

Where else can you go and get the support, that yuo are already finding here from a bunch of strangers? We don't know you but were willing to jump into your quit with you, like jumping on a grenade.

I feel more these guys than I can even tell you, and I have never spoken to one of them in person. It's accountability and brotherhood, of one addict to another. You my friend are an addict, jump in the water is fine.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »
I hate addiction, not the addict! That being said you are an addict and always will be! Wake up, look at what everyone has said it's all the same and in opposition to your choice of nicotine use! Do you think you are different or smarter than this bunch of quitters? No! We've all been there we understand, we're addicts too!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 07:49:00 AM »
Nope, it's not different. Don't flatter yourself. You're an addict just like all of us. All that stuff you typed was just addict speak. Your brain is trying to trick itself into providing a continued nicotine supply. Swapping one type of death for another is bullshit. The delivery method is not the problem here. Scowick, a strong quitter here, posted this a while back....
Whether nicotine dependency was established and/or maintained by being chewed, smoked, drank, snuffed, sprayed, swallowed, sucked, licked or patched, in the end there is only one way out - no nicotine today.
One of the wisest things I've seen since I've been here. Really think about it.

But, here is the bottom line: this a QUIT site. If you are willing to flush ALL of your nicotine (regardless of the form), we will support you every way possible. Stop making excuses. You know from experience that swapping back and forth doesn't work. If it did, you wouldn't be here. If you keep trying what you previously did, you'll get the same result..... continued nicotine usage. You have never quit before. Just like me, you took a few breaks in the past. Each person has only one true quit. I am building mine one day at a time with the help of KTC.

Quit now. Post roll. Honor that promise.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 07:35:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Rob1985
awdcivic... you addiction has led you to believe this. What would you see if you stepped outside of your body and took a good long hard look at yourself and the stuff you're writing. Big tobacco companies have you hooked!

So, flush all the tobacco products down the crapper, then post roll, rinse and repeat each day. We are cold turkey program which is proven successful.

There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING that shows dipping is healthier. That's like  saying that lights cigarettes are better. You're addict brain justifies this type of stuff as rational. Wanna know how I know that? Because I'm an addict myself and did that exact same shit over and over again. The truth is that dip contains a lot of really bad shit, but specifically "Nitrosamines" which are a byproduct of refining smokeless tobacco... and it's a carcinogen and it will kill you!

This whole "hell and back to finally quit smoking" is all bullshit bro... you're an addict, we all see through it, you're in denial! You cannot, I repeat CANNOT bullshit a website full of recovering addict bull shitters. We lived our entire nicotine addicted lives lying to everyone, including ourselves. But you're in luck because if you truly want to quit tobacco and get yourself off that ruthless bitch called Nicotine you have come to the right place. But keep in mind, it's gonna be tough and you're gonna want to cave, but if you have the will to live and a love of life and those around you, you will succeed!

So, are you ready to take your life back? If so, head to the Welcome Center, read, then do that toilet flushing gig and start posting roll and talking with your quit brothers.
Your Writing an essay on what's the best way to put nicotine in your system to over 1000's of people who are bad ass quiters who no longer use nicotine at all. Join us we don't figure out the best and easiest way to quit. We quit!
hello addict,

you have a dilemma??
You swapped one nicotine application for another nicotine application?
You don't want to smoke cigs?
You have a question for everyone here?
Everybodys different?

You are a NICOTINE addict....smoke is not addictive, shit in your lip is not addictive, it is the NICOTINE, dumbass.

If you don't want to hit your penis with a hammer everyday at 4:33pm then make up your mind to "NOT" hit your penis with a hammer! That is if you want to quit, GROW a pair and drink the koolaid at KTC and you can be quit of nicotine, ONE day at a time. Quit whining like a teenager and read, learn what your addiction really is about. Then you can use the tools we have here effectively and "be quit".

You don't want "everyone" to answer your question. You don't want to hear from over 14,000 powerful quitters at one time....I promise you.

You're a special butterfly??? I don't think so. You wings don't flap any different than anyone elses. We are all addicts of nicotine, forever. This is why we quit every a.m....the earlier the better, by posting roll, making our promise to ourselves and our quit brothers that we will not dip today...just today. Then, we keep/honor our word all day. Get to sleep. Wake and Repeat! Very simple, yet it will be one of the hardest things you have ever done in your life.

If I sound harsh, well consider the source. 30 years of being a dumbass dipper. Lost my mom and all of her family to nicotine related illnesses. Lost dad 4 months ago to nic related illnesses. So, don't give me some story about how you are different. You're not. You just need to look in the mirror and talk to the man looking back at you. Tell the addict what you're gonna do and what you're not gonna do. It is a life or death decision. What are you gonna do Sir?

Come on in the water is fine. The koolaid is sweet and powerful! 'bang head'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 07:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Rob1985
awdcivic... you addiction has led you to believe this. What would you see if you stepped outside of your body and took a good long hard look at yourself and the stuff you're writing. Big tobacco companies have you hooked!

So, flush all the tobacco products down the crapper, then post roll, rinse and repeat each day. We are cold turkey program which is proven successful.

There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING that shows dipping is healthier. That's like saying that lights cigarettes are better. You're addict brain justifies this type of stuff as rational. Wanna know how I know that? Because I'm an addict myself and did that exact same shit over and over again. The truth is that dip contains a lot of really bad shit, but specifically "Nitrosamines" which are a byproduct of refining smokeless tobacco... and it's a carcinogen and it will kill you!

This whole "hell and back to finally quit smoking" is all bullshit bro... you're an addict, we all see through it, you're in denial! You cannot, I repeat CANNOT bullshit a website full of recovering addict bull shitters. We lived our entire nicotine addicted lives lying to everyone, including ourselves. But you're in luck because if you truly want to quit tobacco and get yourself off that ruthless bitch called Nicotine you have come to the right place. But keep in mind, it's gonna be tough and you're gonna want to cave, but if you have the will to live and a love of life and those around you, you will succeed!

So, are you ready to take your life back? If so, head to the Welcome Center, read, then do that toilet flushing gig and start posting roll and talking with your quit brothers.
Your Writing an essay on what's the best way to put nicotine in your system to over 1000's of people who are bad ass quiters who no longer use nicotine at all. Join us we don't figure out the best and easiest way to quit. We quit!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Rob1985

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-23
  • Interests: HOCKEY, Baseball, Mountain Biking, Camping, Movies, Xbox, Computers, Shooting Sports.Did I mention HOCKEY?
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 04:53:00 AM »

There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING that shows dipping is healthier. That's like saying that lights cigarettes are better. You're addict brain justifies this type of stuff as rational. Wanna know how I know that? Because I'm an addict myself and did that exact same shit over and over again. The truth is that dip contains a lot of really bad shit, but specifically "Nitrosamines" which are a byproduct of refining smokeless tobacco... and it's a carcinogen and it will kill you!

Quit: 2/23/13
HOF: 6/3/13
2nd Floor: 9/10/13
One Year 2/23/14
Two Years 2/23/15
1000 Days 11/19/15
"You can have results or excuses. Not both"
"One often learns more from ten days of agony than from ten years of contentment"
"A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen" ~Edward de Bono

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 02:44:00 AM »
Quote from: waketech
Quote from: awdcivic
Whats up guys and gals. So I know this is a forum to quit dipping, but I have a dilemma. See I was a pack a day smoker for a while and for the past 7 months I have tried to quit to no avail that is until now. Now let me say that before I was a smoker I dipped for a while and I guess you could say became addicted. But it wasnt really hard to quit for me with the help of seeds. I know everyone is different but for me killing the can is alot easier than the pack. Ive tried e cigs, they just make me want to smoke even more. I even previously tried to swap to dipping and still ended up smoking.
I have now quit smoking for 3 weeks. I am probably weird in that I dont get cravings like at all until 3 days after I quit and the worst are at 2 weeks. (However i have never made it past 3 weeks with smoking) This is with cigarettes. Now when I quit dipping way back before I started smoking 3 days and I was home free.
Now let me say this I would rather dip for 6 months I just never want to touch another cigarrette. And to my knowledge dipping is alot healthier than smoking. I wish i would have never started smoking but I thought it would be easy like when I quit dipping. Stupid me :l.
When I got the worst cravings last week I went to the gas station to buy a pack of smokes like I swore to myself I wasnt going to. And hey I kept my promise to myself for the first time and got my trusty old grizz green. Been dipping about a week now around a can a week. (When I was addicted to dip I was dipping a can every 2 days).

So I guess my question to everyone is how long do you think I would need to dip to finnally kick the cigarrettes and not crave them anymore? Id much rather crave a dip than a cigarrette. I dont know many people who dip but I could litterally get a cigarrette every hour for free if I wanted to, that sure doesnt help quiting.

Also dont take this the wrong way and think im putting down dippers for not being able to quit. Like I said everybody is different. Im certainly not putting anyone down because ive gone through hell and back to finnaly quit smoking.
Question for you? Are you quit? Have you ever been Quit? Do you know what quitting is?
To trade one form of nicotine for another is what you are doing..You have NEVER QUIT you are an ADDICT! Here is my answer--- If you really want to QUIT-- Get rid of all you nicotine supplies in any form. Post roll and receive support. You can do this and we will show you how, but you have to really want it for yourself! You have to really want the freedom that we all have..When you are ready let me know and I will quit with you.

Waketech
Ummm...wow! This site is for those who are quitting, whether it be smoking or dipping. No nicotine is the rule. Trading lung cancer for no face cancer is not the answer. Thats just plain stupid. Cold turkey, cut it off, embrace the suck and never go back.

Offline waketech

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 02:34:00 AM »
Quote from: awdcivic
Whats up guys and gals. So I know this is a forum to quit dipping, but I have a dilemma. See I was a pack a day smoker for a while and for the past 7 months I have tried to quit to no avail that is until now. Now let me say that before I was a smoker I dipped for a while and I guess you could say became addicted. But it wasnt really hard to quit for me with the help of seeds. I know everyone is different but for me killing the can is alot easier than the pack. Ive tried e cigs, they just make me want to smoke even more. I even previously tried to swap to dipping and still ended up smoking.
I have now quit smoking for 3 weeks. I am probably weird in that I dont get cravings like at all until 3 days after I quit and the worst are at 2 weeks. (However i have never made it past 3 weeks with smoking) This is with cigarettes. Now when I quit dipping way back before I started smoking 3 days and I was home free.
Now let me say this I would rather dip for 6 months I just never want to touch another cigarrette. And to my knowledge dipping is alot healthier than smoking. I wish i would have never started smoking but I thought it would be easy like when I quit dipping. Stupid me :l.
When I got the worst cravings last week I went to the gas station to buy a pack of smokes like I swore to myself I wasnt going to. And hey I kept my promise to myself for the first time and got my trusty old grizz green. Been dipping about a week now around a can a week. (When I was addicted to dip I was dipping a can every 2 days).

So I guess my question to everyone is how long do you think I would need to dip to finnally kick the cigarrettes and not crave them anymore? Id much rather crave a dip than a cigarrette. I dont know many people who dip but I could litterally get a cigarrette every hour for free if I wanted to, that sure doesnt help quiting.

Also dont take this the wrong way and think im putting down dippers for not being able to quit. Like I said everybody is different. Im certainly not putting anyone down because ive gone through hell and back to finnaly quit smoking.
Question for you? Are you quit? Have you ever been Quit? Do you know what quitting is?
To trade one form of nicotine for another is what you are doing..You have NEVER QUIT you are an ADDICT! Here is my answer--- If you really want to QUIT-- Get rid of all you nicotine supplies in any form. Post roll and receive support. You can do this and we will show you how, but you have to really want it for yourself! You have to really want the freedom that we all have..When you are ready let me know and I will quit with you.

Waketech

Offline awdcivic

this one might be a bit different
« on: March 28, 2013, 02:06:00 AM »

Quit Date: April 1 2013