Author Topic: Newbie Day 1  (Read 1789 times)

Offline RWM

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbie Day 1
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 07:15:00 AM »
Quote from: jb32
Hey everyone,

Appreciate you all taking the time. Stumbled upon the site as I was searching for dip alternatives in yet another effort to quit. The first dip I ever took was as a freshman in HS on the varsity baseball team. All the upperclassmen did it, and myself and the other freshman on varsity tried it as well to fit in. What I would give to have that day back and make the other choice.

It took me about another 2 years before I found a brand and flavor I liked enough to dip consistently, yet I had continued sparingly for whatever reason up until that point. As a player in college my usage greatly increased: bus rides, video games, late night studying, etc. I found a reason for dip to go hand in hand with pretty much any activity.

A few years later and now working in professional scouting I realize that dip is something that is constantly going to be around me given my choice of profession. If I don't make now the time to quit, I probably never will until it's too late. Despite numerous 'efforts' to quit (not sure exactly how much effort was put in), there has been very little success to this point. Like so many others I've always thought the worst could never happen to me. I hope to not have to find out.

Any general advice and/or direction as to the correct quit group to join is greatly appreciated. I wish everyone the best during the same struggle I will begin today.

Best,

JB
Welcome JB - you will join the Jan group. Go to the Welcome center and read up on posting and such. You've made a great decision to stop. This is a no nic site, so I'm not sure if you have offically dumped the can or not. If not, do it now.

Drink lots of water, jucie, get sunflower seeds, gum, fake stuff (mint snuff, hooch...) that helped me.

I was a 30 year dipper, now 109 days free and it is great. You can do this, just get thru the first 3-4 days and each time you beat a crave you will be stronger. Focus the rage, hate on the nic bitch for what she has done to you.

Read everything and join the group. The how to quit is simply, not easy, but simply.

1) Post up - I will not use nic/dip today.
2) Keep your word for the day
3) Next day - see step 1.

Day by day - if your word is important to you and if you love life more than dip, then give your word and keep it. Fight thru the rest of this.

PM me (button below) if you need a contact number

Quit on, Quit Strong
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline jb32

• Likes Given: 0
Newbie Day 1
« on: September 30, 2010, 06:04:00 AM »
Hey everyone,

Appreciate you all taking the time. Stumbled upon the site as I was searching for dip alternatives in yet another effort to quit. The first dip I ever took was as a freshman in HS on the varsity baseball team. All the upperclassmen did it, and myself and the other freshman on varsity tried it as well to fit in. What I would give to have that day back and make the other choice.

It took me about another 2 years before I found a brand and flavor I liked enough to dip consistently, yet I had continued sparingly for whatever reason up until that point. As a player in college my usage greatly increased: bus rides, video games, late night studying, etc. I found a reason for dip to go hand in hand with pretty much any activity.

A few years later and now working in professional scouting I realize that dip is something that is constantly going to be around me given my choice of profession. If I don't make now the time to quit, I probably never will until it's too late. Despite numerous 'efforts' to quit (not sure exactly how much effort was put in), there has been very little success to this point. Like so many others I've always thought the worst could never happen to me. I hope to not have to find out.

Any general advice and/or direction as to the correct quit group to join is greatly appreciated. I wish everyone the best during the same struggle I will begin today.

Best,

JB