Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 3585 times)

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 07:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Aglawyer
Quote from: Ready
I understand.

I dipped for about 24 years.  I quit ever day for the past one thousand five hundred and thirty four days.  That's a little over four years ago.

Felt like I was losing my best friend at first.  Felt like I was cutting off my arm.  It will be hell for the first week or so.  It gets better.

I have not had a crave in a very very long time.

You have no idea how much better your quality of life can be.

All you need to do to find out is give your word ever day first thing.

The  keep your word, whatever it takes.

Burn your boat, you don't need it any longer.
+1 on that, Roamcountry.

I dipped for 21 years, can a day, and stumbled across this place 271 days ago. Getting involved and embracing the principles here was the best thing I ever did. I don't have all the days Ready has but one not too far from you, I can attest that it gets way better and fast. I haven't had one of those craves in a long time either.

Shout if you need anything.
Welcome RC! I know you can do this. I dipped for 33 years, but quit 437 days ago thanks to this site and it's members. There will come a point in your quit that you will suddenly realize that you are FREE. It is a feeling that is beyond compare.

There is not a question on my mind that you CAN do this. If I can, so can you.

Post Roll

Honor Your Promise

Repeat.

The formula for success...

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 01:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Ready
I understand.

I dipped for about 24 years. I quit ever day for the past one thousand five hundred and thirty four days. That's a little over four years ago.

Felt like I was losing my best friend at first. Felt like I was cutting off my arm. It will be hell for the first week or so. It gets better.

The keep your word, whatever it takes.

+1 on that, Roamcountry.

I dipped for 21 years, can a day, and stumbled across this place 271 days ago. Getting involved and embracing the principles here was the best thing I ever did. I don't have all the days Ready has but one not too far from you, I can attest that it gets way better and fast. I haven't had one of those craves in a long time either.

Shout if you need anything.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 12:28:00 AM »
I understand.

I dipped for about 24 years. I quit ever day for the past one thousand five hundred and thirty four days. That's a little over four years ago.

Felt like I was losing my best friend at first. Felt like I was cutting off my arm. It will be hell for the first week or so. It gets better.

The keep your word, whatever it takes.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 11:24:00 PM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: Roamcountry
Hello, my name is matt, I chose roamcountry as my username because that is what I do. I am an over the road truck driver and have been dipping for 25 yrs at a can and a half a day.  Tired of worrying about cancer and looking in the mirror every 5 minutes to examine "spots".  I am not very blog savy so it may take me a while to figure out how all this works, but I will get there.  I just threw out my can and spittoon and am feeling pretty insecure and panicky right now. My wife found this site to help her better understand how to support me through this and has been a good read for me which is why i decided to join in and take the plunge, all I have ever heard from friends that have chewed as long as i have is that they just cant do it. I have tried many times to quit, but i fear now i HAVE to and really need to anyway. I am encouraged to see so many that have chewed for as long as i have and they have done it so therefore it IS possible, although I have no illusions on how hard it will be.  I just need the right people behind me and around me during this. I had to delete a few "friends" from my phone because all I get from them is "you'll never quit". I dont need that.  Anyway, here goes everything! 'bang head'
Welcome. I was told and thought I couldn't quit. I found kTC! Today is 40 days tobacco free!

I have gone from thinking it isn't possibly to quit to really despising all things tobacco related. When I hear some decided to quit, I get stronger. You are going to take a short trip to hell. Your body will be detoxing and then your mind will start rewiring.

kTC is you rehab, therapy and hospital. Every, and I mean every fucking day you wake up, come go to the July group and post roll. Never think long term. You put 100% quit and your word to fight now. If tomorrow comes, repeat.

I love addicts but hate the addiction. I promise you two things, you will never be cured of you addiction but you are capable to never put that scum shit in your mouth again.

Anyone who tells you that you can't quit is a user and an out of control addict. I'm an addict that finally took charge. The pain of the quit is wort the reward of being free.

Have hope, apply faith, then do it. Never try...you have to do it and fight the cravings.
Ditto what mt dog said! It doesn't matter how long you have been a idiot dipper unless you don't quit. I quit every day for 22 days today those are the days that count. You can do it. Watch your in box I'll drop you my short into
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline wiking

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »
Hey, I'm new too. All the best, seems to be a great bunch on here. I obsessively check the mirror for mouth cancer at all times of the day too, it's absolutely insane that we actually accepted living this way for so long. I have been dipping for 2 years so you've got time on me, but, 2 years is still 2 too long I think.

You'll get 'er done man :D

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Roamcountry
Hello, my name is matt, I chose roamcountry as my username because that is what I do. I am an over the road truck driver and have been dipping for 25 yrs at a can and a half a day. Tired of worrying about cancer and looking in the mirror every 5 minutes to examine "spots". I am not very blog savy so it may take me a while to figure out how all this works, but I will get there. I just threw out my can and spittoon and am feeling pretty insecure and panicky right now. My wife found this site to help her better understand how to support me through this and has been a good read for me which is why i decided to join in and take the plunge, all I have ever heard from friends that have chewed as long as i have is that they just cant do it. I have tried many times to quit, but i fear now i HAVE to and really need to anyway. I am encouraged to see so many that have chewed for as long as i have and they have done it so therefore it IS possible, although I have no illusions on how hard it will be. I just need the right people behind me and around me during this. I had to delete a few "friends" from my phone because all I get from them is "you'll never quit". I dont need that. Anyway, here goes everything! 'bang head'
Welcome. I was told and thought I couldn't quit. I found kTC! Today is 40 days tobacco free!

I have gone from thinking it isn't possibly to quit to really despising all things tobacco related. When I hear some decided to quit, I get stronger. You are going to take a short trip to hell. Your body will be detoxing and then your mind will start rewiring.

kTC is you rehab, therapy and hospital. Every, and I mean every fucking day you wake up, come go to the July group and post roll. Never think long term. You put 100% quit and your word to fight now. If tomorrow comes, repeat.

I love addicts but hate the addiction. I promise you two things, you will never be cured of you addiction but you are capable to never put that scum shit in your mouth again.

Anyone who tells you that you can't quit is a user and an out of control addict. I'm an addict that finally took charge. The pain of the quit is wort the reward of being free.

Have hope, apply faith, then do it. Never try...you have to do it and fight the cravings.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
New Quitter
« on: April 22, 2012, 10:25:00 PM »
Hello, my name is matt, I chose roamcountry as my username because that is what I do. I am an over the road truck driver and have been dipping for 25 yrs at a can and a half a day. Tired of worrying about cancer and looking in the mirror every 5 minutes to examine "spots". I am not very blog savy so it may take me a while to figure out how all this works, but I will get there. I just threw out my can and spittoon and am feeling pretty insecure and panicky right now. My wife found this site to help her better understand how to support me through this and has been a good read for me which is why i decided to join in and take the plunge, all I have ever heard from friends that have chewed as long as i have is that they just cant do it. I have tried many times to quit, but i fear now i HAVE to and really need to anyway. I am encouraged to see so many that have chewed for as long as i have and they have done it so therefore it IS possible, although I have no illusions on how hard it will be. I just need the right people behind me and around me during this. I had to delete a few "friends" from my phone because all I get from them is "you'll never quit". I dont need that. Anyway, here goes everything! 'bang head'