Author Topic: Started last night...  (Read 2146 times)

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Started last night...
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 08:08:00 PM »
Quote from: JK1010
I appreciate all the responses and action!

For those of you who doubt me, I am quitting for myself, to be there for my future wife as long as I can, and for my future family. She did not tell me to quit or give me a deadline. This is for ME! The wedding is a milestone and a milestone only. I will prove you all wrong.

For the others, thank you, I will join the group and get started.
No personal attack intended. I've only been here for about four months, but that's been long enough for me to know that only about one out of every four new members that post an intro are here after 100 days.

I've also seen some patterns. New members that post in their intro that they are quitting for things like weddings, birth of a child, graduating college, are more likely to leave this forum within the first 100 days.

I used all those same milestones to quit, and none of them held.

I hope you're better than I am. I hope you prove me wrong. I'll be cheering you on the whole way.

Stay quit.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 06:40:00 PM »
Welcome aboard JK. Best decision you'll ever make.

These guys may seem harsh at first but, if you post roll daily a get involved, you will soon understand why.

And since you threw down "I will prove you wrong", you are pretty well committed to doing just that.

Shout if you need anything.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 06:37:00 PM »
No one's doubting you, just trying to give you advice that will definitely benefit you. Oh yeah you gonna probably be a dickhead for a while. Bring your ass on here and bitch at us we're use to it and we probably gonna bitch back. Don't bitchat your future bride or your family they didn't force you to stick that shit in your mouth! Post roll, early, EDD ,ODAAT! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline baseballbrett

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 06:36:00 PM »
Welcome aboard JK. Honestly, best decision you will make. I dipped grizz wintergreen for 11 damn years, and I am now on day 32 of my quit. Push through the first few days that absolutely suck. Drink lots of water and post roll early in the morning. I won't tell you I'm cured, but I will tell you I quit every damn day when I post my promise.

There are a lot of perks to getting the poison out of your system. You will gain your freedom from the bondage that is nicotine. You will save a shitload of money. You will discover that you have more energy without it. You will sleep better, smell more, and learn to enjoy life without that shit. I quit with you today.

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 06:23:00 PM »

For those of you who doubt me, I am quitting for myself, to be there for my future wife as long as I can, and for my future family. She did not tell me to quit or give me a deadline. This is for ME! The wedding is a milestone and a milestone only. I will prove you all wrong.

Post that promise early and every damn day, be a man of your word for that day. Anyone who wants to quit for themselves and puts the work in to do it can quit. I'll believe in you everyday you post. And for the most part we are all here to help in our own unique way.

Make sure to drink lots of water the next few days and read up on what your body will be going through. It's going to suck but it's worth it.

PM me anytime if you have questions/concerns etc.

I would like to hear about how you walked down that aisle as a quitter.

Offline JK1010

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-24
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 06:02:00 PM »

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 04:45:00 PM »
Listen to these guys. "Quitting" for a wedding. That isn't going to happen. You may stop for awhile, you may with luck even stop long enough to actually get married in August but I'm guessing if the reason you are stopping is for the wedding it just isn't going to happen.

You think 10 years of abusing your body with nicotine that it's just going to go away because you are getting married? Hell no, the nic bitch hangs on and I guarantee you'll be finger fucking that cancer can again unless you quit because YOU want to quit and not because you have some sort of event.

How many guys that dip said they were going to quit for the following reasons and how did it work out? Almost anyone who has ever used dip and tried to quit but really just went through a stop has gone through something like:

I'm gonna quit when I finish up my finals (last about a week)
I'm gonna quit when I get my first job (lasts about 2 weeks)
I'm gonna quit when I get married or before I get married (last about a week, maybe more)
I'm gonna quit before my first kid (last a month at the best)
I'm gonna quit before I'm 30- which turns into I'm going to quit when I'm 40

You get the point. When you are ready to quit because YOU want to quit then and only then will you be able to start quitting. Because if you are 'quitting' for an outside event then I'm willing to bet you'll end up only stopping because some outside event will bring you back to lippin' a cat turd again.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 04:34:00 PM »
I told my wife I would quit for our wedding. Twenty years ago.

----- Look at my quit date.

You can't quit for your girlfriend, or your fiancé, or your wife. You have to quit for yourself. That it pleases someone else is a side benefit, along with a lot of other side benefits.

If you quit for your wedding, will you stay quit after your wedding? I doubt it.

Prove me wrong.

Offline Grievous Angel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Jan 5, 2015
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 04:17:00 PM »
Started last night...
Au contraire . . you QUIT last night. 'na na'

Welcome aboard. Buckle up.

Offline medquit

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 03:39:00 PM »
Looking forward to supporting you in September 16.

Offline kubiackalpha

• Quitter
  • Interests: Boobs, Butts (on females)....is there anything else that would be of interest? I can't think of any.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 03:07:00 PM »
Trying to quit FOR your wedding? You won't be quitting you will be stopping. Stopping is the intent that you will get back to the same old same old. Quit implies that you will wake up everyday, make the promise to yourself, your quit group, the entire KTC group that you will not use that day. We can only quit one day at a time. So, what is it? You have to quit for you. You can't quit for anyone, or anything else.

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 12:09:00 PM »
september quit group

Here you go bud. Post roll and start the journey to brotherhood/sisterhood.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline JK1010

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 11:05:00 AM »
Thanks man,

I'll keep and eye out for the new Sept group.

Jack

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 10:54:00 AM »
... getting this done...
That's the mindset you need.

No hoping. No trying. No luck.

We do.

And... if you really want to, you will. We do it everyday.

You need to spend some time getting to the "why and how" of posting roll with a quit group. You, i believe, will be in the new September '16 group. The key here is to get involved and stay involved.

It works, bro.
Ask me how I know...

AJ... 1,135 days Quit.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline JK1010

• Quitter
Started last night...
« on: May 25, 2016, 10:45:00 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm Jack. Been on Griz wintergreen for about 10 years and trying to quit before my wedding in August. Appreciate that a site like this exists to help. Looking forward to getting this done with you guys.