Author Topic: JacksDadNY Hello  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Menace

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: JacksDadNY Hello
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 11:41:00 AM »
Man I hope you didn't get cold feet bro.......get on the quit train now! It will be the best decision you make, dump the nic bitch and get on with living. You have gotten a ton of good advice from some serious quitters here at KTC, use it wisely. POST ROLL....we are all here to support you and your quit, we have been in your shoes. You only have to quit for today, you can do that right?
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 09:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
I'm going to try making my quit day tomorrow as I've dipped today to and from work... so looking forward to making this journey with you guys!
Well it's the tomorrow you were talking about, and still no post. Don't turn today into another tomorrow!
Just flush the shit and quit! Day 1 is the day you throw it away, as long as you quit before midnight, today will be day 1. There is no wind up to this pitch, no final preparations need to be done. Quit or get!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 09:42:00 AM »
I'm going to try making my quit day tomorrow as I've dipped today to and from work... so looking forward to making this journey with you guys!

Well it's the tomorrow you were talking about, and still no post. Don't turn today into another tomorrow!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline LifeAfterDip

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 09:12:00 AM »
Thanks for the perspective, ppolcyn. I needed that.
Quit date: 1/6/2014

Do you remember nicotine? Do you truly remember her? The way she controlled you financially, emotionally and physically? The lies she whispered in your ear daily? Remember how one dip was too many and one thousand was never enough? Yeah, so do I. That's why I'm here. That's why I post roll. That's why I support my brothers and sisters. Because I remember her too damn well.

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 06:03:00 AM »
Perhaps this will help you quit:

I don't know who all reads my intro but hopefully after this post everyone will. Last night I spent my evening crashed in the waiting room for the ICU at southen ohio medical center in Portsmouth ohio.

There was a fortyish woman crashed in there too. This morning we started talking a little and I found out her father is in really bad shape. I try not to be too nosy. She notices my jar of coffee and she sees my take a bite. She asked me why I was doing that. I told her that I recently gave up dipping snuff and that it helps me deal with it.

Immediately, she just breaks down. I am asking myself, "what the fuck did I do?"

After a few moments she composes herself and says "daddy's in here because of that stuff".

As we talk more, she tells me that her father has dipped for over fifty years and has cancer that has metastasized and spread throughout his body. She invited me in to see him and what I see is a skinny man who looks like he has been in a concentration camp. After a few minutes of being in there, I had to leave.

The shit just got real. I couldn't take it. I saw myself on that hospital bed.

She said the doctor said he doesn't have much time. So please pray for Missy and John

So although that was an extremely horrible situation, seeing John like that strengthened my quit one million fold.

To anyone who hasn't quit yet, just imagine yourself laying in a hospital bed as a mere fraction of what you are now and nothing can really be done to save you. To know that it isn't long until that awful ugly dirty fucking whore, the nic Bitch and her filthy fucking partner, US Tobacco takes your life away.

No fucking way. I have too much to live for!!
You may not necessarily need the support, but others most definitely do. Be a shining beacon for others. Blaze the path for them to follow!!!

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 08:59:00 PM »
Quote from: jake
Quote from: Minny
Quote from: cherman99
Hi guys... I stumbled on this site last night and am hoping this is exactly what I need...

First off, I'm Chris, a 35 yo guy from Rochester NY. Looking back I started dipping sometime after college, probably 10-15 years ago... I had been a smoker of a pack a day and quit cold turkey and never went back...

Dipping was something I really did mostly when smoking wasn't an option but I now go through a tin a day. Quitting smoking was actually easy, but I've tried many times to quit dipping and it's anything but.

I realize it's probably one of the nastiest habits out there but one thing is for sure, no matter how hard I've tried I stop and pick up my soda and Skoal Mint Extra every morning on my way to work.

My son is 9 and thinks it's gross. My gf thinks it's gross, and I think it's gross. The "buzz" from putting in a dip is gone and yet it just keeps happening.

Being gross, knowing the risks and even cringing when thinking about the total spent (at around $5.00 per day) for as long as it's been hasn't done it, so here's a first step.

So we have a 9 year boy who wants to be like his dad and a dad that would be crushed if his kid picked up his addiction. Chris, we better see you back on this Intro board and telling us that you flushed the shit.
There is never a comfortable time to quit! Do it now. Next dip could be the one to cost you. Regain your freedom starting tonight. Its tough but the reward is great. We got your back if you need something.
I see your still out there and reading what everyone has told you so why not listen and quit now? Probably because your afraid you'll fail. My fellow addict you can do this. I will say that the only reason you were able to quit smoking is because you switched delivery system. Join us and quit today.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 06:25:00 PM »
Quote from: Minny
Hi guys... I stumbled on this site last night and am hoping this is exactly what I need...

First off, I'm Chris, a 35 yo guy from Rochester NY. Looking back I started dipping sometime after college, probably 10-15 years ago... I had been a smoker of a pack a day and quit cold turkey and never went back...

Dipping was something I really did mostly when smoking wasn't an option but I now go through a tin a day. Quitting smoking was actually easy, but I've tried many times to quit dipping and it's anything but.

I realize it's probably one of the nastiest habits out there but one thing is for sure, no matter how hard I've tried I stop and pick up my soda and Skoal Mint Extra every morning on my way to work.

My son is 9 and thinks it's gross. My gf thinks it's gross, and I think it's gross. The "buzz" from putting in a dip is gone and yet it just keeps happening.

Being gross, knowing the risks and even cringing when thinking about the total spent (at around $5.00 per day) for as long as it's been hasn't done it, so here's a first step.

So we have a 9 year boy who wants to be like his dad and a dad that would be crushed if his kid picked up his addiction. Chris, we better see you back on this Intro board and telling us that you flushed the shit.
There is never a comfortable time to quit! Do it now. Next dip could be the one to cost you. Regain your freedom starting tonight. Its tough but the reward is great. We got your back if you need something.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 06:22:00 PM »

Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 06:22:00 PM »
You want your freedom back you got to take it. The poison don't care if you got the exact time and day picked out. It only cares about now. Show the poison (your addicted brain) you mean business. You haven't got to prove sh$$ to us. Go stare in the biggest mirror in your house with the poison in your lip. There's who you need to prove something to.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 06:17:00 PM »
One thing these fuckers are forgetting is to take a giant shit on it after you dump the can, then flush.

I mean legendary, drop six pounds shit.
You may not necessarily need the support, but others most definitely do. Be a shining beacon for others. Blaze the path for them to follow!!!

Offline mb289

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/17/2014
  • Interests: Motorcycling, camping and welding
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 06:12:00 PM »
Yep, do it right now! Flush it! Waiting until tomorrow is just an excuse for a few more dips. I started mine at 7:30pm on 2/16/14. At the time I had not read all the info and made 2/17 my first day of quit. Believe me, it won't be any easier tomorrow morning.

mb289

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 05:33:00 PM »
Quote from: mogul
Slug, isn't it great how quitters think alike, I read that intro and just couldn't take the tomorrow thing, I see you couldn't either. We were typing at the same time.
Yup, tomorrow's not even on my plate. Yesterday doesn't matter, either.
We were thinking alike, hopefully that doesn't make us both morons...
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 05:29:00 PM »
There is NO tomorrow. Listen to these guys that have and will post here. We are all here to help you quit. Flush it all. Don't even think about "one last dip". Welcome aboard and be sure to Post Roll daily. It is your commitment to quit with all the other quitters here. The is no Luck or Try involved, WE QUIT. I'm on day 4 and fricken LOVE it. Today was hard, tomorrow will be too but I will worry about tomorrow when it comes. And if you need to put a bit in the lip, be sure it's Nic free (Smokey Mountain ain't bad at all). I bought a can 3 days ago and still have over half of it left.

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 05:24:00 PM »
Just reiterating what's already been said. Dump your cans in the toilet, flush, and post day 1. After that, tell your wife you need about an hour or two to yourself and read as much as you can. Read the welcome center, read the words of wisdom, go back pages and pages in the June '14 quit group (where you will post roll) and look at the people who have come and gone.

There are 2 types of quitters. Which one do you think you need to be to win?

Those that post roll and quit.

Those that quit posting roll.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »
Slug, isn't it great how quitters think alike, I read that intro and just couldn't take the tomorrow thing, I see you couldn't either. We were typing at the same time.