Author Topic: Upper Lippin'  (Read 4098 times)

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Upper Lippin'
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
I've been a medical professional and educator for a long time - corpsman (combat medic) in the Navy serving with the Marine Corps, teacher and dean of students, an emergency room nurse, and a coach. I started taking care of people medically when I was 15 - giving my mother injections of morphine for the pain she had related to her terminal cancer brought on by years of smoking. She died a month after I turned 16...on a Friday night while I was at my high school football game.

So, that means that I have spent more than half of my entire life taking care of others in some form or fashion. Trying to take care of others on here IS what it is about. Sure, I know, I contradict my own words - focus on your own quit first. Well, I am on day 700. I HAVE spent hundreds of days focusing on my quit, learning what parts of my plan work and what needs revision. I know that I am at a point where me being on here HELPING other to quit/stay quit benefits my quit and makes my quit that much stronger.

Watching knuckleheads fight the methods that have worked, that try and make it as if they are the only ones to have ever experienced what they are going through or try to pass themselves off as being abused make it painfully difficult to keep coming in here and reaching out to those that want the help.

Why am I posting this? So that you understand how everything you say and do on here is done in the public forum. That means everything you do and say has the potential of either building your fellow quitters up or tearing them down. Think of it like a big gamne of Jenga. I'm trying to carefully push and pull specific blocks in order to maintain the integrity of this system and some people want to shake the whole table... Each of the quitters on the site is represented by all those individual Jenga blocks...it can be a precarious system...be a block to make the stack rock solid....don't shake the table.

See, rage and funk can still hit you at 700 days...but the trick is learning how to deal with it in a way that isn't reaching for the can or simply walking away from posting roll, talking to your brothers or staying active on the site.

CoachDoc is now stepping off the soapbox and will be trying very hard NOT to step back on until at least the June class......
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »
So how's the quit going today, sir? You out of the fog? Any lingering symptoms? Is your boyfriend supportive?

Offline Phil4

• Quitter
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2012, 10:26:00 AM »
This is one of the more entertaining threads I've read in a long time. Nicely done, gents.

Welcome, TwoScore.

Phil
Quit 07/14/11
HOF 10/21/11
2nd 01/30/12
3rd 05/08/12

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2012, 10:17:00 AM »
Quote from: Leahy16
Quote from: loot
Quote from: redtrain14
Quote from: TwoScoreAndTwoUser
Quote from: Aglawyer
Just speaking as one of the "Big 7"...if you don't like the place, feel free to leave. Go to Delphi and create your own quit site.  Run it how how you like.  Moderate it how you like.  Lay it out as you wish.

Please.
'clap'
'Finger' You guys don't like my honesty, or my honoring my commitment, lock me out of your site. Obviously, belittling me didn't shut me up. Act like the sacrosanct "Don't tell us, we KNOW BEST" elitists you are: When the truth confronts you... belittle it. When it does not go away, obliterate it.

Nice buncha guys! Encouraging someone who follows your mantra (rules) but challenges you, to exit the site. Make me!

(Of course, you know, when they don't, which they want to do SO badly, they will claim victory, stating that, "See, that was the plan all along... to forge you with fire and make your resolve steely strong.)

New World my ass. You're gonna have to pry the old one from my cold, dead hands.
There it is, the age old line, "you don't like it, kick me out!". Never heard that before.......

You have to be a real asshole to get booted from here, I don't see that you have the qualifications to make it happen.
He does like big words tho RT.

Maybe he'll stumble onto the Word of the Day thread and do something constructive with his time.

Are there any synonyms for troll?
Any chance someone can step in and be a peacemaker? There's something about the exercise of free speech that warms this patriot's heart. 2score's comments have, after all, been made in the intro section. I think we should give this foggy quitter more room to show he can be a positive force among the April quitters.
First of all, Leahy's mom, Leahy would have wanted us to be mean.

Secondly, Leahy's mom, nobody is kicking 2plus2 off this site. He is here at his own free will, and will continue to be so as long as he abides by its rules (no nicotine, no multiple names). What is mistaken for anger and threats is actually calling his bluff on leaving. He just says "delete my profile" more eloquently than other posters.

He will stay here if he chooses to stay quit.

He will leave if he wants to chance it on his own.

Judging from our past and his past, he's in a much safer position by staying here.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline MDquitter

• Quitter
  • Interests: Killing the nic bitch
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »
Agreed. This thread has been very entertaining all around. No nic.
Quit: 12/31/2011

Offline DW3

• Quitter
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2012, 08:29:00 AM »
2score - keep posting, keep your promise and keep raging. This is a hell of an intro. I am looking forward to revisiting it with you on day 100.
'crackup'
Grit and Quit ~ Timpy
Building a relentless, laser-sighted, chrome-plated, heat-seeking, cock-blocking, wolf pack of a quit (with curb feelers), one day at a time.

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2012, 08:22:00 AM »
Just speaking as one of the "Big 7"...if you don't like the place, feel free to leave. Go to Delphi and create your own quit site.  Run it how how you like.  Moderate it how you like.  Lay it out as you wish.

Please.
'clap'
'Finger' You guys don't like my honesty, or my honoring my commitment, lock me out of your site. Obviously, belittling me didn't shut me up. Act like the sacrosanct "Don't tell us, we KNOW BEST" elitists you are: When the truth confronts you... belittle it. When it does not go away, obliterate it.

Nice buncha guys! Encouraging someone who follows your mantra (rules) but challenges you, to exit the site. Make me!

(Of course, you know, when they don't, which they want to do SO badly, they will claim victory, stating that, "See, that was the plan all along... to forge you with fire and make your resolve steely strong.)

New World my ass. You're gonna have to pry the old one from my cold, dead hands.
There it is, the age old line, "you don't like it, kick me out!". Never heard that before.......

You have to be a real asshole to get booted from here, I don't see that you have the qualifications to make it happen.

Maybe he'll stumble onto the Word of the Day thread and do something constructive with his time.

Any chance someone can step in and be a peacemaker? There's something about the exercise of free speech that warms this patriot's heart. 2score's comments have, after all, been made in the intro section. I think we should give this foggy quitter more room to show he can be a positive force among the April quitters.
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2012, 07:27:00 AM »

Please.
'clap'

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2012, 07:20:00 AM »

Please.
'clap'

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2012, 07:16:00 AM »
Interesting......you've done enough research to know the "big 7" and beating the record for users on the site, yet you can't find any info on fake dip?  Maybe you should start a new poll.  Personally, I never touched the stuff.  I figure it would just piss me off.  But whatever it takes at this point to keep the real stuff out if your mouth.

I've never put anything on this website as a moderator, only a quitter.  However, I'm not guessing you've researched that either.  Believe what you will, I don't care.

I believe you now have skin in the game, don't let me down.
:) I don't intend on it. I respect you man. In the midst of my rant, you replied with that this site is about, "Stay Quit." TONS OF RESPECT!

Sorry, but below your avatar it says "Moderator." I really thought that meant that you were a moderator.

You'll see me tomorrow.
I'm not a moderator, I just figured out how to type that below my avi and turn my member name blue all by myself.

Must be this clunky old forum software.......

Its really a shame that I can't bat this around all day anymore. I feel bad for depriving you of a target for your rage.

Offline TwoScoreAndTwoUser

• Quitter
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2012, 01:42:00 AM »

Please.
'clap'

Support our Marines (and all our servicemen) REGARDLESS and IRRESPECTIVE... our B-hole politicians don't

I can roof my barn. I can integrate x/2. I can make non-dense 100% whole wheat honey bread. I can maneuver a 900 lb. 113 Cu. In. Cycle through twisties. I can make children laugh. I can also remain quit... ad infinitum!

We are the few, the proud, the knights who say NI to NI-co-tine!

I AM a non-tobacco chewer/user

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2012, 01:01:00 AM »
Just speaking as one of the "Big 7"...if you don't like the place, feel free to leave. Go to Delphi and create your own quit site. Run it how how you like. Moderate it how you like. Lay it out as you wish.

Please.
'clap'

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2012, 11:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
*Sigh*

I don't even know where to start with this so, I'll make this short and leave, since I have apparently caused too much drama.

First, if being pissed at me is the first thought in your mind, then going to the store and buying a cope of cope isn't.  In addition, if you are staying quit in spite of me, then I have done my job on both fronts.

Second, if I, the faceless internet troll of a moderator, is the very thing that makes you want to stuff a can of cope in your face, what will you do when the nic bitch is whispering sweet nothings in your ear?  What will you do when your friends call you a pussy and stick a can of cope in your face? 
What will you do?

Will you honor your roll call promise?
Will you hop into chat?
Will you have numbers to call?
Will you call the numbers if necessary?
Will you call the numbers prior to a rough spot just to say, "what's up"?

These are the answers I was looking for, I was only trying to lead you there.

Sorry to muddle up your intro. 

Stay quit.
Redtrain,

Thanks, again, for your intentions. That is sincere. I have thanked you quite a few times, none of it sarcastically.

If you recall way back when, I complimented you on your coat of arms and tried to create some relatedness with you by inquiring about it. I also asked you what "tuebor" meant. For those who do not know what I mean, that is the word below Redtrain's avator. You never did reply about those things. You DID completely repeat my original post "Just because I said not too." From the start, you chose confrontation.

So, bud, take a long look. You ignored my attempts to be your cyber friend, but had no problem jumping in to belittle me. It is easy to hide behind your Internet Moniker. Me? I'm not afraid. I post my real name and my moniker belies my 42 years of stupidity.

As I look back, our differences were never over the words we chose. It was your desire to ignore my attempts at friendship and to dominate me, which I steadfastly refused to let happen. Take a look at what has you be that way.

One, or more, things (I DID promise more rants). Where are the moderators of the moderators? The best forum sites I've visited reign in the moderators when they get out of hand. I've heard NOTHING from the BIG 7. (I think that in all my reading, I saw that this site was stated by 7 addicts looking to make a difference). I DID see a long thread about concerns about BEATING THE ALL TIME NUMBER OF PEOPLE LOGGED IN AT ONE TIME!!!! (November something?) Come on!!! Is it about numbers, or helping those suffering COMPASSIONATELY? And I don't mean namby-pamby coddling. A good kick in the ass is deserved and appreciated at times.

And I NEVER intimated that I wanted to cave to Nicci. I was questioning whether she was the reason I was so upset and angry with you. If you can't READ THAT when it was specifically written that way. step down buddy before you do some damage.

I'll keep my promise to my fellow APRIL sojourners, even though I have "met" VERY FEW. But if anyone wants to think about doing this in another realm, look at DelphiForums. I've only been in the Yamaha Roadliner forum, but the layout is 21st century, things are easy to find, and one would not need to spend tons of hours trying to figure out where to do what. Is there anywhere ON THIS SITE where we've all been polled about what we think the best "Fake Snuff" is? Now, THAT would be helpful.

I get that MOST OF US are kind and committed to each other. Thank all of you for your commitment to strangers. But, how many have left this site, not because of caving, but because of the 20th century ancient layout and the lack of supervision of so called "moderators."

I have NO IDEA if I'd be willing to start the same thing somewhere else. RIght now, I'm just trying to sweat out the first few day's worth of nicotine. BUT, I'd consider it.

Still sweatin'....

Peace...

Paul
You Sir, are an ass.
MORE encouraging words from the Moderators group! This one knows how to be sarcastically polite.
Indeed. You have been weighed. You have been measured. And you have absolutely been found wanting.

Welcome to New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.

Offline TwoScoreAndTwoUser

• Quitter
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2012, 11:22:00 PM »
Interesting......you've done enough research to know the "big 7" and beating the record for users on the site, yet you can't find any info on fake dip?  Maybe you should start a new poll.  Personally, I never touched the stuff.  I figure it would just piss me off.  But whatever it takes at this point to keep the real stuff out if your mouth.

I've never put anything on this website as a moderator, only a quitter.  However, I'm not guessing you've researched that either.  Believe what you will, I don't care.

I believe you now have skin in the game, don't let me down.
:) I don't intend on it. I respect you man. In the midst of my rant, you replied with that this site is about, "Stay Quit." TONS OF RESPECT!

Sorry, but below your avatar it says "Moderator." I really thought that meant that you were a moderator.

You'll see me tomorrow.
Support our Marines (and all our servicemen) REGARDLESS and IRRESPECTIVE... our B-hole politicians don't

I can roof my barn. I can integrate x/2. I can make non-dense 100% whole wheat honey bread. I can maneuver a 900 lb. 113 Cu. In. Cycle through twisties. I can make children laugh. I can also remain quit... ad infinitum!

We are the few, the proud, the knights who say NI to NI-co-tine!

I AM a non-tobacco chewer/user

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2012, 11:14:00 PM »
Personally, I can't wait until the 20s rage hits this one.

Why is there so much hate towards moderators lately? Redtrain did exactly what we do everyday here: he pushed 2plus2's button and got him all irked. He did this as a joke, and 2plus2 took it as a major insult which spurred pages of bullshit.

As the special butterfly gained confidence, he began flapping his wings just to see how high he could fly. Even after redtrain capitulated that it was all done in good intentions, this butterfly took the moment to pounce again.

2plus2, cut the shit. You have stopped nicotine for 4 days. I congratulate you on that, but don't get too big for your britches.

The Ktc has approximately a 25-30% long term success rate as compared to the 10% success rate on nrt and the 5% success rate of going cold Turkey on your own. Long term quit is defined as 6months quits by "experts". If you are bored, maybe you can conduct an official study of this phenomenon by analyzing the monthly spreadsheets for each group.

While you are looking at these spreadsheets, please notice that we have many, many quitters that make it through the first week stopped. They usually can make it to the 20s unscathed even. But then, magically, the 20s clears out even more of these stoppers. The 40s then hit before you even get a chance to catch your breath and they knock you the fuck down. We call these things "funks". We warn our new quitters about these funks because we have lived through them and know how bad they suck. Funks are also where most quitters fade away or flame out.

Your stoppage is a pimple on the ass of a quit.

You see, we've watched many quitters say we are doing this wrong. We just need to change something little to accomidate the butterflies. We should change because we aren't doing it right. We are doing good, but it could be better...

Your first post detailed many mistakes that you made when you tried to quit on your own. We could break that down and berate you all day for it.

But then you asked for help from us, and we gave you some really good advice. We didn't bring up the fact that you flamed the Fuck out when you tried to quit on your own. You caved because you didn't understand simple techniques of staying quit.

I am sure you are a really nice guy in real life, but you are a huge doosh when you write. It's OK. I can accept that. I write aggressively generally.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't come to our playground and complain about the swings being sticky (thanks gmann) and the slide should be curved instead of straight. We like it this way, and if you don't, you don't have to play with our stuff.

You have an entire group of badass quitters going through the same shit you are in April and May. You can choose to be part of that group by doing just what you are doing now: posting roll, staying quit, and repeating. You can get even more out of it by making friends and forming a brotherhood to battle "niccie". Sometimes, the difference between a cave and a save is a friend.

You could go it alone, but we all know what happened last time...
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021