Author Topic: Upper Lippin'  (Read 4238 times)

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Upper Lippin'
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2012, 06:44:00 PM »
*Sigh*

I don't even know where to start with this so, I'll make this short and leave, since I have apparently caused too much drama.

First, if being pissed at me is the first thought in your mind, then going to the store and buying a cope of cope isn't. In addition, if you are staying quit in spite of me, then I have done my job on both fronts.

Second, if I, the faceless internet troll of a moderator, is the very thing that makes you want to stuff a can of cope in your face, what will you do when the nic bitch is whispering sweet nothings in your ear? What will you do when your friends call you a pussy and stick a can of cope in your face?
What will you do?

Will you honor your roll call promise?
Will you hop into chat?
Will you have numbers to call?
Will you call the numbers if necessary?
Will you call the numbers prior to a rough spot just to say, "what's up"?

These are the answers I was looking for, I was only trying to lead you there.

Sorry to muddle up your intro.

Stay quit.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2012, 06:29:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: TwoScoreAndTwoUser
Quote from: redtrain14

Kinda funny that while we all have the same goal, we will argue with one another over the verbiage which will best help us accomplish that goal.  It is probably Nicci hoping that the argument will cause a schism and send someone into her deadly embrace.
Quite the contrary.

Tell me, what was going through your mind when you were typing your rebuttals?
Are you serious? "Quite the contrary?" Are you purposely trying to raise my ire (and blood pressure)? Because you are (to 160/99).

So, you and I are NOT working toward the same goal?

Or it is not "funny" that we find ourselves arguing over the language we are using toward a similar goal?

Or, it is not the nicotine bitch ("Nicci") which has me arguing with you in hopes that I'll get a fresh can of Cope?

So, either you can't understand what I've written, or you're purposely being a dick. If the former, sorry,but I refuse be someone other than who I am when I write. If the latter, go ahead and justify to yourself all the addicts who are reaching out and leave this site because YOU and your ilk need to play Patton.

But then, what do I know, I'm "just looking down my elongated nose" through my "reading spectacles." AND... I "Don't know shit."

Nice moderating.

BTW: what I intended when I wrote, in case you MISSED IT was I WILL FOLLOW THE ADVICE OF THOSE WHO SUCCEEDED BEFORE ME, but I WILL NOT BLINDLY FOLLOW ANYTHING YOU TELL ME TO DO.

Yeah, I DID understand what was meant. That is WHY I clarified (more than once) that we all have the same goal, but use different words. However, I think it is a tragedy to use a phrase which saw 300 children die unnecessarily. "Just do as I say kiddies. The Kool-aid is tasty and really, you don't know shit."

So, suck my dick faggot. (Translation: I really don't want you to suck my dick and I have no idea if you're a faggot. I just don't need your input, thank you. There are people here who DO get where I am coming from and who DO understand the rage and anxiety I have without some dick-wad making it worse. Translation AGAIN: pick on some other "long nosed professor.")

Paul
(Psstttt....hey. I'm wastepanel. The answer was "not chewing". With all of this typing, you are not thinking about chewing. It's OK man. I'll give ya all the answers you need if you want my help. Just ask.)
Throwing the dog a bone WP, and its not even 5 o'clock yet.
"If you reply to this, please delete the original message. It REALLY bugs me that most of the threads I read have messages which always contain the original message and I can't turn that feature off (that I've found). I know what I've read, thank you, and I'm able to discern what posts people are talking about when they reply. Unnecessary replication of things is a personal pet peeve, and right now, pet peeves seem to enlarge from mice to elephants."
And how does a mouse eat an elephant......One quote at a time.

'crackup'
cyber asshole

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »
Quote from: gmann

Kinda funny that while we all have the same goal, we will argue with one another over the verbiage which will best help us accomplish that goal.  It is probably Nicci hoping that the argument will cause a schism and send someone into her deadly embrace.
Quite the contrary.

Are you serious? "Quite the contrary?" Are you purposely trying to raise my ire (and blood pressure)? Because you are (to 160/99).

Or it is not "funny" that we find ourselves arguing over the language we are using toward a similar goal?

Or, it is not the nicotine bitch ("Nicci") which has me arguing with you in hopes that I'll get a fresh can of Cope?

So, either you can't understand what I've written, or you're purposely being a dick. If the former, sorry,but I refuse be someone other than who I am when I write. If the latter, go ahead and justify to yourself all the addicts who are reaching out and leave this site because YOU and your ilk need to play Patton.

But then, what do I know, I'm "just looking down my elongated nose" through my "reading spectacles." AND... I "Don't know shit."

Nice moderating.

BTW: what I intended when I wrote, in case you MISSED IT was I WILL FOLLOW THE ADVICE OF THOSE WHO SUCCEEDED BEFORE ME, but I WILL NOT BLINDLY FOLLOW ANYTHING YOU TELL ME TO DO.

Yeah, I DID understand what was meant. That is WHY I clarified (more than once) that we all have the same goal, but use different words. However, I think it is a tragedy to use a phrase which saw 300 children die unnecessarily. "Just do as I say kiddies. The Kool-aid is tasty and really, you don't know shit."

So, suck my dick faggot. (Translation: I really don't want you to suck my dick and I have no idea if you're a faggot. I just don't need your input, thank you. There are people here who DO get where I am coming from and who DO understand the rage and anxiety I have without some dick-wad making it worse. Translation AGAIN: pick on some other "long nosed professor.")

Paul
(Psstttt....hey. I'm wastepanel. The answer was "not chewing". With all of this typing, you are not thinking about chewing. It's OK man. I'll give ya all the answers you need if you want my help. Just ask.)
"If you reply to this, please delete the original message. It REALLY bugs me that most of the threads I read have messages which always contain the original message and I can't turn that feature off (that I've found). I know what I've read, thank you, and I'm able to discern what posts people are talking about when they reply. Unnecessary replication of things is a personal pet peeve, and right now, pet peeves seem to enlarge from mice to elephants."
And how does a mouse eat an elephant......One quote at a time.

'crackup'
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline DW3

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »
So let me jump in for just sec and clarify something that seems to be at least part of the escalation of words that at this point isn't gonna do anyone any good. Doing ourselves good right...thats why we're here?

"Following blindly"-my phrase and clearly a poor choice. But for me it was a leap of faith that if I put my fake screen name onto an internet forum and promise a bunch of strangers to not do something that they can't check on anyway, I could kick the most powerful addiction around. Yeah I had to believe something that I couldn't quantify or verify, but I was out of options. That's all I was getting at.

2Score, you posted early and kept your promise. All we want is for you to do that tomorrow. Rage on quitter.
Grit and Quit ~ Timpy
Building a relentless, laser-sighted, chrome-plated, heat-seeking, cock-blocking, wolf pack of a quit (with curb feelers), one day at a time.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
Quote from: Leahy16
Quote from: Ready
Is it just me or are we starting to see more and more and more of the "moderators" become cyber assholes?  We have a quitter here who is clearly making an effort to learn the ways of this site, he posts roll, takes lot of other advice, and yet much of the message from the "official" members of KTC is pretty discouraging.  Is this really necessary?  Is this really the message you want to send?  Didn't we see this last week with another moderator?  What gives?
Are you really insinuating that most of the mods have devolved into "cyber assholes"

Broad brush. Maybe you could be a little more specific.

Yes, I have taken offense.
'Popcorn'
You're more than capable of reading the thread and making your own judgement. If the shoe fits, wear it. If it doesn't, move along.

The point is this quitter is showing some good quit here and there seems to be a lot of hair splitting. That's counter-productive. Seems to me this guy is kicking ass...
nice

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2012, 05:53:00 PM »

Quite the contrary.

Nice moderating.

Paul

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2012, 05:53:00 PM »
YOU and your ilk need to play Patton.
Guilty as charged. I will be on my way then.

P.S. I agree, that Redtrain fag is a doosh.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2012, 05:49:00 PM »

Quite the contrary.

Nice moderating.

Paul

Hurt Feelings Report

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 05:47:00 PM »

Quite the contrary.

Nice moderating.

Paul
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline TwoScoreAndTwoUser

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »

Quite the contrary.

Nice moderating.

Paul
Support our Marines (and all our servicemen) REGARDLESS and IRRESPECTIVE... our B-hole politicians don't

I can roof my barn. I can integrate x/2. I can make non-dense 100% whole wheat honey bread. I can maneuver a 900 lb. 113 Cu. In. Cycle through twisties. I can make children laugh. I can also remain quit... ad infinitum!

We are the few, the proud, the knights who say NI to NI-co-tine!

I AM a non-tobacco chewer/user

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
Is it just me or are we starting to see more and more and more of the "moderators" become cyber assholes?  We have a quitter here who is clearly making an effort to learn the ways of this site, he posts roll, takes lot of other advice, and yet much of the message from the "official" members of KTC is pretty discouraging.  Is this really necessary?  Is this really the message you want to send?  Didn't we see this last week with another moderator?  What gives?
Are you really insinuating that most of the mods have devolved into "cyber assholes"

'Popcorn'
You're more than capable of reading the thread and making your own judgement. If the shoe fits, wear it. If it doesn't, move along.

The point is this quitter is showing some good quit here and there seems to be a lot of hair splitting. That's counter-productive. Seems to me this guy is kicking ass...
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »

'Popcorn'

Hurt Feelings Report

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 689
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2012, 02:25:00 PM »
OK, I'll bite... who (or what) is syndrome?
hay man sinse your askin i wood be syndrome. now i been nown to give some pritty good avise out to quiterers evry now and then. but some times i feel like that jeezus guy cuz some guys dont under stand what im tryin to say but man the guys what under stand get all in lighted. im a hily rispected quiterer and pritty smart guy to boot and i dont need them 2 doller words to prove it. any way i rote lots in my intro and lots more stuff in other fokes intros what i wish i copyed in to my intro so i dint have to repete my self all the times. but man it looks like your gettin it with all these other guys tryin to help. but man if you need more help you can all ways reed my intro and all that other stuff in my sig lines.

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2012, 02:15:00 PM »
Is it just me or are we starting to see more and more and more of the "moderators" become cyber assholes? We have a quitter here who is clearly making an effort to learn the ways of this site, he posts roll, takes lot of other advice, and yet much of the message from the "official" members of KTC is pretty discouraging. Is this really necessary? Is this really the message you want to send? Didn't we see this last week with another moderator? What gives?
Nope...no more that has always been the case.

By the way, as long as you are posting roll, you are as much of an "official" member as I am...and I am certainly as "official" as those who came before me.

Sometimes this type of discourse IS needed. I feel that in this case, it is. When new quitters are trying to get their feet under them, they usually are still very foggy and reasoning - no matter how smart you are - can be difficult. That is why addictions are very hard to break.

An example - "The elitism of "Follow me blindly because I've been there" is a load of bull."

First, there is no blind following. Look around in June 2010, April 2009, September 2007...Scroll trough new classes and see how many members there are with 700, 900, 1300 days under their belts. These members "drank the Kool-Aid" and have benefitted from it. These are proven methods. Hell, we could probably write them out in scientific method format.

Ask a Question
Do Background Research
Construct a Hypothesis
Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
Communicate Your Results

Might be a good project for someone...

Second, when I hear someone balking about "word choice" - especially when they obviously understand the meaning behind the words and agree with the meaning, just not the method of delivery - I see that as a red flag. People under the influence of mind-altering substances (read nicotine) will find all sorts of reasons, excuses, or justifications in order to get they body to reintroduce the substance it is craving...in other words, the more one argues, the more likely one is to find a reason to cave.

Some members are very smart and entering into these types of conversations is enough to nudge them into realizing all of this for themselves. Other members might just need to be hit over the head with the cold hard facts, but I think most vets would prefer throwing out hints and let the new members figure it out for themselves so that it is more of a learning experience...

Of course, what the hell do I know...I'm no vet....
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 02:09:00 PM »
Is it just me or are we starting to see more and more and more of the "moderators" become cyber assholes? We have a quitter here who is clearly making an effort to learn the ways of this site, he posts roll, takes lot of other advice, and yet much of the message from the "official" members of KTC is pretty discouraging. Is this really necessary? Is this really the message you want to send? Didn't we see this last week with another moderator? What gives?