Author Topic: On My Way to Quitting...  (Read 1813 times)

Offline CC268

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: On My Way to Quitting...
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 04:59:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: bman50317
Quote from: CRC268
Well I see what people mean by the "fog"...I went to go get my truck washed today and I felt as if I just drank 3 beers and had a good buzz going. It was pretty funny actually. How long does this sort of feeling last for??
For me it was about a month. Is a strange feeling. I also felt like everything around me moved in slow motion.
oh remember the fog....

the length of time varies based on the individual. I can only recommend a lot of liquids, water and cranberry juice, and exercise to speed up the removal of the nicotene from your system and then a healthy diet to replenish your system with the proper nutrition to feed your body.

keep on fighting as it will lift. And as you proceed through your quit recognize it for what it was and you will be able to laugh at it, in time....
Thanks, well I sure hope it doesn't last a whole month, thats a long time, but it is what it is I guess. Got my self into this, gotta get myself out.

I also get a little shaky sometimes out of no where...I can't help but laugh at myself and think..."dam this shit is BAD for you!!!"

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
Quote from: bman50317
Well I see what people mean by the "fog"...I went to go get my truck washed today and I felt as if I just drank 3 beers and had a good buzz going. It was pretty funny actually. How long does this sort of feeling last for??
For me it was about a month. Is a strange feeling. I also felt like everything around me moved in slow motion.
oh remember the fog....

the length of time varies based on the individual. I can only recommend a lot of liquids, water and cranberry juice, and exercise to speed up the removal of the nicotene from your system and then a healthy diet to replenish your system with the proper nutrition to feed your body.

keep on fighting as it will lift. And as you proceed through your quit recognize it for what it was and you will be able to laugh at it, in time....

Offline bman50317

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »
Time heals but I'm forever broken

Offline CC268

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 04:09:00 PM »

Offline bman50317

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »
That is true. Just cause quitting isn't that hard right now, doesn't mean that it won't get hard. All it takes is one little trigger and the nic will be right back whispering in your ear. Don't let your guard down.
Time heals but I'm forever broken

Offline jake72

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-24
  • Interests: My family and my Harley.I joined this site in March of 2012, it took me until December 2012 to finally quit, suck it up and post roll. I had won win I hit 100 right? So I stopped posting roll and walked away from the accountability that held me quit. I failed on my own. September 2014, coming back and having a rough start, this is it. I can NEVER stop being held accountable. I don't want to die all cause I put some worm dirt in my lip. Want to watch my kids have kids and hell maybe their kids. My LIFE DEPENDS ON STAYING QUIT. Bottom line.
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
Well done! I am on day 2 for the umpteenth time, don't do like I have in the past and think "well one dip won't hurt" cause it will. Stay on your guard and I wish you the best in your quit.
I'm Bad, and that's good.
I will never be good, and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me. - Wreck It Ralph

HOF speech

Offline CC268

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »
Welp...day 3 and I seem to be doing just fine, anytime I get a craving I just say tell myself I would rather NOT have cancer and die. Weird...not sure why but I haven't had too much trouble quitting so far, I guess you could say I had sort of a fogginess (maybe a bit of a daze), but nothing that really bugged me as of yet.

Anyways, day 3 and still going strong (today should be the day the nicotine is out of my system!)

Offline CC268

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 09:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Hey guys, I am a 19 year old college student studying Mechanical Engineering and I thought I would join this forum as support. I started smoking cigarettes on occasion when I was about 16 (it was kind of a social, rebellious sort of act I guess), but never owned my own pack or smoked a lot. I did this until I was about 18 when I started to buy my own packs. This was short lived however, as I have asthma and smoking just did not work for me. So...I decided to start dipping! I had dipped on occasion in the past and just wanted to "quit" cigarettes. Anyways, I have been dipping for maybe a year and a half or two years, but it became more and more of an annoyance than anything. I found I was just dipping to fulfill a crave, but it brought no real enjoyment. Anyways...I decided to just quit yesterday, I am on my second day with no real problems so far. Sure, I have the occasional craving, but I don't seem to find myself with any other major withdrawals.

I thought I would join this site for some support. I guess my only real worry about quitting is whether or not I will get as much enjoyment from certain things that I always did with dip. I figure this is just a game my mind is playing on me so I am pushing ahead. Anyways, like I said earlier I am not experiencing very many withdrawals and seem to be just as happy as ever. Oh, and I used about a can every two days, so I would say I was/am definitely addicted. Anyways, I am on day 2, just hoping to continue on this path.
When I quit, I didn't think I could LOVE MY KIDS ANYMORE without dip. How tucked up is that????????? I didn't think I could answer the phone at work. I didn't think I could drive to a sales call. I didn't think I would be "funny" anymore. I didn't think I could coach anymore. I didn't think I could golf, play poker or bowl anymore. I didn't think I could DRIVE anymore. I didn't think I could be home alone anymore. I didn't think I could eat a big meal anymore. I didn't think I could be out past midnight anymore...you get the picture?

I was 1000000% wrong on all of the above. I can do it ALL and enjoy it all the same if not more.

By quitting you are giving up NOTHING. zip, zilch, nada. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Don't let your addicted brain fool you. You can and will re-wire it.
Yea that is what I figured, good to hear!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 09:07:00 PM »
Hey guys, I am a 19 year old college student studying Mechanical Engineering and I thought I would join this forum as support. I started smoking cigarettes on occasion when I was about 16 (it was kind of a social, rebellious sort of act I guess), but never owned my own pack or smoked a lot. I did this until I was about 18 when I started to buy my own packs. This was short lived however, as I have asthma and smoking just did not work for me. So...I decided to start dipping! I had dipped on occasion in the past and just wanted to "quit" cigarettes. Anyways, I have been dipping for maybe a year and a half or two years, but it became more and more of an annoyance than anything. I found I was just dipping to fulfill a crave, but it brought no real enjoyment. Anyways...I decided to just quit yesterday, I am on my second day with no real problems so far. Sure, I have the occasional craving, but I don't seem to find myself with any other major withdrawals.

I thought I would join this site for some support. I guess my only real worry about quitting is whether or not I will get as much enjoyment from certain things that I always did with dip. I figure this is just a game my mind is playing on me so I am pushing ahead. Anyways, like I said earlier I am not experiencing very many withdrawals and seem to be just as happy as ever. Oh, and I used about a can every two days, so I would say I was/am definitely addicted. Anyways, I am on day 2, just hoping to continue on this path.
When I quit, I didn't think I could LOVE MY KIDS ANYMORE without dip. How tucked up is that????????? I didn't think I could answer the phone at work. I didn't think I could drive to a sales call. I didn't think I would be "funny" anymore. I didn't think I could coach anymore. I didn't think I could golf, play poker or bowl anymore. I didn't think I could DRIVE anymore. I didn't think I could be home alone anymore. I didn't think I could eat a big meal anymore. I didn't think I could be out past midnight anymore...you get the picture?

I was 1000000% wrong on all of the above. I can do it ALL and enjoy it all the same if not more.

By quitting you are giving up NOTHING. zip, zilch, nada. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Don't let your addicted brain fool you. You can and will re-wire it.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline CC268

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Skoal
I guess my only real worry about quitting is whether or not I will get as much enjoyment from certain things that I always did with dip.
Plenty of people do everything your thinking of dip free. If they can do it so can you.

On the flip side- if you don't stop, EVERYTHING you do will eventually be done with chew. I'd be more worried about that.

sm
Yea well I would say it was already on its path to that, but I am glad I am going down a different path. Now I just have to stay strong when I am around all my friends (a lot of my good friends smoke cigarettes, although none of them dip)

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 08:49:00 PM »
I guess my only real worry about quitting is whether or not I will get as much enjoyment from certain things that I always did with dip.
Plenty of people do everything your thinking of dip free. If they can do it so can you.

On the flip side- if you don't stop, EVERYTHING you do will eventually be done with chew. I'd be more worried about that.

sm
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline CC268

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
Quote from: epayne
The truth is, you may find out you only enjoyed certain things because you were dipping. It's part of quitting. I completely stopped doing some of my old hobbies just because they were only fun with dip. My addict brain only enjoyed them because it associated them with nicotene. Remove the nicotene? Fun gone. That's the kind of power this drug has. In all forms. Cigarettes, chew, dip, you name it. They are all the same kind of evil.

Now that you've made the choice to rid yourself of this terrible drug, you get to decide what's enjoyable, not some fucking drug. It's freedom on a whole new level.

Check your in Inbox(1) in the right hand corner. You've got mail.
Yea I could definitely see that, although I think almost everything I do will still be fun even without dipping it just happened to be a convenience that I could dip while doing whatever it was I was doing.

Offline epayne

• Quitter
  • Interests: My beloved Jeep. My fiance's pussy. My fiance. My dog. Chewing gum.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »
The truth is, you may find out you only enjoyed certain things because you were dipping. It's part of quitting. I completely stopped doing some of my old hobbies just because they were only fun with dip. My addict brain only enjoyed them because it associated them with nicotene. Remove the nicotene? Fun gone. That's the kind of power this drug has. In all forms. Cigarettes, chew, dip, you name it. They are all the same kind of evil.

Now that you've made the choice to rid yourself of this terrible drug, you get to decide what's enjoyable, not some fucking drug. It's freedom on a whole new level.

Check your in Inbox(1) in the right hand corner. You've got mail.

Offline CC268

• Quitter
On My Way to Quitting...
« on: December 18, 2012, 05:30:00 PM »