Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 3702 times)

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2017, 12:06:00 AM »
Quote from: David
Well guys. Just to share a small something....Wife and I came home from vacation a little earlier than planned. No problems...just mutual decision. But we both had today off too so we got a lot done. Now let me just interject....the old David. The not so discreet, ninja wanna be, worm turd craving nasty David that existed pre 5/1, would have been running so many errands alone...so he could "ninja dip" and if I was at home, I'd be taking an hour long, "I'm constipated", bathroom break just so I could suck on those worm turds. But what did I do today? We went to Lowes and bought EVERYTHING we needed to start an herb garden in a metal planter. Then came home and worked together on it for 2 hours. Literally just minutes ago did I stop to think about it and realize what a victory it is. On top of not putting essentially arsenic in my lip, I spent quality time on a project with my wife (folks it's probably been years). Just another major benefit of quitting this disgusting addiction we're cursed with.
It just gets better... Great work.
I quit with you today.
Rawls 916
I believe.....

Offline David S

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 04:39:00 PM »

Offline David S

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 11:22:00 PM »
poof

Offline David S

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 10:47:00 PM »

Offline David S

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 10:40:00 AM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 04:14:00 PM »
Life's too short! Tobacco has taken away enough of your life. Time to live a normal life. Your wife may actually kiss you now and like it. If you are like most here you have wasted a lot of precious time and memories to a can. Don't do it anymore. It's not going to be an easy battle but it is one you can win because now you have 31,000 people fitting the same battle with you. Just remember when the day comes whether it's a month from now or 2 years from now before you decide to leave you're an addict and you always will be. The journey is rocky at first but worth every struggle of every day! Damn proud to be quitting with you today! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline David S

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 03:58:00 PM »
oops...dupe

Offline David S

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 03:58:00 PM »

Offline Richard K

• Admin (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Bald headed, vertically challenged leaping gnome
  • Quit Date: 28-Mar-2016
  • Interests: All Pittsburgh sports!! and my family
  • Likes Given: 790
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 12:07:00 AM »
Whew! Crazy Saturday. Have been with the missus all day. Been out of house since 9:30. Not a big fan of fake dipping around her as I never dipped the nasty s*** around her. By 12:00 I started experiencing (for the first time honestly) what I can only assume was what you guys refer to as the fog. Massive headache that subsided and returned in 10-15 minute intervals, small fits of short temperedness, etc. It was unbelievable. By 2:30 I finally put in a fake dip though still with wife. Obviously she'd rather that than crazy Dave or cavy Dave. Important thing is I didn't cave, and I'm good now but man. I have to be honest. I was starting to think you guys were exaggerating a little about the fog...but today was for real. Happy to remain quit with you all. And thanks again for listening, encouraging, responding, etc. ODAATWUPPEDD
Great victory Dave. Now you really have a taste of victory over nic!! Even though it is just one victory, they will continue to pile up. Keep your head on a swivel and it will get even easier. Makes you feel great to beat it one day at a time doesn't it? Wait until you have a conversation and forget what the hell you were saying right in the middle of it and start another. Now that is crazy!!! Great job brother!! Proud to be quit with you
FLOOR.. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10..11..12...13..14..15..16..17..18..19

It is very simple! We quit for today! We wake up! Do it again tomorrow!! One day at a time!
We walk in each others quit shoes, it may be a little different but ultimately the same exact thing

"Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers."

Offline David S

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 06:47:00 PM »

Offline TME

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-04-29
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 02:29:00 PM »
I feel the same about the fake dip. I felt some huge remorse after putting in the first one...like I was cheating. I agree that the oral fixation is real but the craving is a lot more for the bitch. So I told myself to use away with the fake shit during the toughest time (working on the computer) but don't use it during all the other times I use to dip...taking a shit, taking a shower, getting dressed, walking the dog, following a workout/run, doing yard work, while fishing, while watching sports, while on planes, trains and automobiles, playing golf, anything that had to do with cleaning involved a dip (dishes, laundry, cleaning truck...), and any other time that I was not sleeping or eating. It's really pathetic thinking about it now.

Proud to quit with you David.
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Offline David S

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 04:37:00 PM »

Offline Samrs

• GUD BOI!
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Just freaking post roll, OK?
  • Quit Date: 10 Jan 2017
  • Interests: Writing, gaming (computer, tabletop, board and card), SF/Fantasy, hapkido.
  • Likes Given: 1561
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 01:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Samrs
David - great job posting roll and getting involved! You might want to consider using your intro topic as a place to write about what you're going through. I wish I had done something like that, so I would have a record of the initial stages of my quit.
Samrs, That's a great idea. But I don't see a way to change my intro topic now. or do you mean just continuing to poste updates or editing the intro post altogether?
Just like you did today - hit "add reply" and write away :)
"We have so much experience here in lying to ourselves and others, that it takes a strong voice to snap ourselves out of it... Be thankful that all these people are willing to be invested in you saving your life." -- drstober
"You're playing a game of chicken with a dead plant in a plastic can. If you cave you lost to a dead plant." -- Candoit
"The answer isn't more numbers. The answer is build relationships." -- Broccoli-saurus
"ok. now groop hug." -- 'drome
"The rule is WUPP (Wake Up Piss Post) regardless of time or zone, unless you are in the Phantom Zone.  In that case, hit up Jor-El and he can get you on roll." -- S412
My Intro - The Weight of Days - Mall Walking - Workin' it off in the Excercise Group

Offline David S

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 10:52:00 AM »

Offline lmcb

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 02/09/2017
  • Likes Given: 2515
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 04:39:00 PM »
First --smooth move Joining KTC!!! Now get on the program and do not look back!!

David-- this area/topic is yours..
Make it what you want!! organized or not --
look at my Intro -It's plum Jabberwocky-- but it serves MY interests.
So do not worry about how to do this --just let her rippp!
PM for my ph# if you wish-- for support.
I am LMcB --Larry--aka The OldMan I quit ,84 days, with you today
The Old Man