Author Topic: Wake up call today  (Read 2033 times)

Offline EFNKodiak

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-27
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wake up call today
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 06:51:00 AM »
Sounds like you are ready to follow through on a life changing decision. Once you are ready to quit for yourself then you are in a good place. Many of the folks here have very similar experiences, but we all have one thing in common - we are here to quit.

Check out the pink welcome center link at the top right of the screen. It will help you understand how things work around here. Next you need to get to your quit group which will be March 2014. Post roll. This is your promise to stay quit for the day. That's how we do it around here. Just take each day at a time. The first few days are going to suck. The cravings, shakes, night sweats... are the side affects of the addition to nicotine. Luckily the physical effects only last a few days. It's the mental part that lingers. Check out your inbox at the top right of the screen. It has my # so feel free to text me if you need any help.

Offline rowdy4life

• Likes Given: 0
Wake up call today
« on: November 26, 2013, 04:45:00 AM »
Im 23 years old, I have dipped a can of copenhagen long cut every day since I was 16ish. Today, while on my 16th hour of work at 2 am, and 2nd can of chew of the day I decided to quit. For good. I have quit a hundred times but always found an excuse to start back up. Not this time. After losing my grandmother to cancer less than a month ago, seeing what she went through, and having chewed so much today it hurt to put a dip in but i did it anyway is a wake up call. I don't want to do it anymore, I have to quit for my family, and for myself. I need help on how other people get over the cravings, the headaches, the shakes. Im glad I found this site and hope I can do this quit for good this time. I just flushed my last can down the toilet. It starts now