Author Topic: Iza's last day one...  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Iza's last day one...
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »
You're quitting for the right reasons. Welcome aboard, Iza!!

Offline Bean

• Quitter
Re: Iza's last day one...
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 05:33:00 PM »
Great rant and great choice!!! You're exactly right about nicotine...makes no difference if it is cigarettes or snuff.

Go to the Welcome Center and start reading. You got your choice back today. And you also got a bunch of bad-ass quitters on your side. You're free.

Post Day 1 roll call today with your new brothers (July Quit Group) and keep your word all day. Then wake up tomorrow and do it again. There are no short-cuts or secrets. Quitting is done one second, one hour, one day at a time. If you are determined to be quit, then you are.

Welcome, sister!!!

Offline Izanami

Iza's last day one...
« on: April 17, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »
So, I know most of you have no idea who I am, but you know my story. Well, I'm telling you the details of my story, just because. It may help one day, you never know.

First off, my demon of choice was cigarettes, not chew. But it's the same chemical, so it's almost the same.

Second, I am female. Apparently Izanami looks masculine. Oddly enough, the masculine equivalent is Izanagi, so I can understand the confusion. But let the record be straightened from now and forever!

Lastly, the overview of my plight is as follows: Began smoking just before I turned 15, will be 29 in May. My mom, step dad, both sisters and one brother all smoke. One brother got away, lucky bastard. Been trying to quit for about 10 years off and on. Decided today that I just couldn't take it anymore.

It's not the fear of death, though I have heart palpitations indicating time is running short. It's not the money, though my account could use that $200 a month and put it to better uses. It's not because people tell me I should because I always tend to do the opposite of what people tell me I should do.

I'm tired of being a slave. I want my choice. It's mine, and I want it back.

That is all. Hope you enjoyed my rant!

~Iza