Author Topic: Never Thought I'd Try To Again  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Bean

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Never Thought I'd Try To Again
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »
Uh...I was kinda hoping one of the moderators would step in here?!!! So what do you say, mods? Anyone have the instructions they can send? Please....

Offline Cisko

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 04:56:00 PM »
Ok , Bean Fire away

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »
If you can't figure out how to post roll, just ask for the instructions...instant help will arrive in your inbox.

Offline Cisko

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
Alright I will login to Roll Call as soon as I figure out how to Roll Call. I have actually

read about this and saw an example. I was a little confused but will get it sooner or later.

Thanks all

Nic Free I will Be

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 01:00:00 PM »
Quote from: skymuscle83
Cisko,

Well friend welcome aboard the quit train. I'm 27 and although I only chewed for 6 1/2 - 7 months, Quitting was tough. I'm now 24 days in myself and life is a lot better. But sounds like you are on the right path friend for quitting. Just hang in there and keep with it. No time like the present to stop the dipping. You'll save money and your life. Just hang in there and post when you need to. Stay with the quit. Use sunflower seeds, candy, heck I even use cough drops sometimes...lol. I also use cinnamon sticks to help.
cisko-
Welcome. You have found the right spot. Kick back and enjoy the ride my friend. Spend some time reading through the site. There's a lot of distractions to keep you from dipping and will get you through the fog.

Join the site and post roll daily with May 2011. I know you may be saying I'm too old for that stuff (based on your .11 cents a can comment). But I beg you to reconsider. Sounds like you have had a long ride with the nic bitch and this site has kept many a quitter clean. I myself have quit many times only to get back on board and stuff shit in my face. Now my last quit started 140 days ago and I havn't looked back. Thanks to the philosophy of this site and the bad ass quitters that quit with me every day.

Join. Post roll. Quit. Every day. Thats all it takes man.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 703
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 01:00:00 PM »
hay man i can rememember like 69 sents when i was in the hi school. but man that 11 sents is way afore my time. leest wise afore i ever new the price.

Offline skymuscle83

• Interests: fishing, camping, working out, pool, bowling.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
Cisko,

Well friend welcome aboard the quit train. I'm 27 and although I only chewed for 6 1/2 - 7 months, Quitting was tough. I'm now 24 days in myself and life is a lot better. But sounds like you are on the right path friend for quitting. Just hang in there and keep with it. No time like the present to stop the dipping. You'll save money and your life. Just hang in there and post when you need to. Stay with the quit. Use sunflower seeds, candy, heck I even use cough drops sometimes...lol. I also use cinnamon sticks to help.

Offline Cisko

Never Thought I'd Try To Again
« on: February 07, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »
Hello, out there,

I started at age 6, was tied back down on a Merry go round with the belts of the older kids. They put a chew of Copenhagen in my mouth and spun the Merry go Round. Was a very odd experience. Why would I then go buy a can of Copenhagen that cost me .11 cents by the way and put some in my lip to feel that rush? All the kids in town did it also.

Some of the kids would get a brand called "Happy Days" Happy Days came in Mint and Raspberry flavors. I guess it was the Market to Kids Brand.

Well I was so hooked by age 7 that when we traveled and I couldn't get a can I would take a cigarette from my Dad's pack and take the tobacco out and put it in my lip so I wouldn't feel so bad.

I wonder if anyone remembers .11 cents a can?

Been a slave to this for more years than most of you been alive. When I say slave I do mean absolute slave.

The Last time I tried to quit and first time , I went 3 days and I thought I had done the previously impossible, then got in my pick-up to go to town and no sooner did I go about a 100 yards and my Heart Started to Beat Out of my chest, Well if I said I was scared and bewildered that would be a mild description of what happened out of the blue at 3 and half days quit. There was a can of bandits that My Dad had left in the truck from a year earlier, don't know why or how I tore that paper off of that little bag and immediately as I put that brown stale powder in my lip the Fast Heart Beat Stopped.

Well never tried to quit again til now.

Well I want free.