Author Topic: Quit or Die  (Read 13545 times)

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quit or Die
« Reply #191 on: January 02, 2014, 10:39:00 PM »
Quote from: KKLJINC
Quote from: Evil_Won
An old lady named Bobbi has handled our human resources and payroll issues for the past 9 years. She weighed next to nothing, but she was feisty and got things done on time and without issue. She was a recovering alcoholic and lost a brother to alcoholism.  She was a chain smoker despite battling and recovering from lung cancer.  When she spoke it sounded like she had been smoking since birth.

Aside the payroll and HR stuff, she was there on a personal level to me and many others, despite never meeting most in person.  When my mother in law killed herself, she was there as a source of strength through her direct experience. When my sister in law, an alcoholic, was plotting to kidnap my daughters and kill my wife and me, Bobbi was there as a source of strength through her direct experience.

Right before October ended she started to get sick again. Many, many tests were taken and it was discovered that her cancer had returned. She was still smoking. PET scans revealed that the cancer was back in the lungs, but was now also on her spine (several tumors on her spine and shoulder). The really dangerous one was the cancerous tumor on her brain.

She went into immediate retirement.

On 11/19/13 she had surgery to remove the brain tumor.  Doctors said that everything went as best as one could hope for.  She went home to recover with family. They were not going to address all of the others until she regained some strength and they could come up with a battle-plan.

On 12/29 she passed away at home in the presence of her family.

I went to the funeral services tonight after work. I gave my condolences to her sister, her brother in law, her kids, and many grandkids all of whom I had never met before.  I think her sister was inspired by the fact that I expressed how much Bobbi had helped me, and many of my employees, on a personal level on issues completely unrelated to work.

It’s too bad that she managed to remain sober for 30 years but could never quit nicotine.  I hate nicotine.

Today, only today, IÂ’m quit.
Gospel right there Brother.
Thank you for sharing brother. Proud to quit with you today.

My sincere condolences, sounds like you lost a friend and confidant.

If you need anything you know where I am.

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2014, 10:06:00 PM »
An old lady named Bobbi has handled our human resources and payroll issues for the past 9 years. She weighed next to nothing, but she was feisty and got things done on time and without issue. She was a recovering alcoholic and lost a brother to alcoholism. She was a chain smoker despite battling and recovering from lung cancer. When she spoke it sounded like she had been smoking since birth.

Aside the payroll and HR stuff, she was there on a personal level to me and many others, despite never meeting most in person. When my mother in law killed herself, she was there as a source of strength through her direct experience. When my sister in law, an alcoholic, was plotting to kidnap my daughters and kill my wife and me, Bobbi was there as a source of strength through her direct experience.

Right before October ended she started to get sick again. Many, many tests were taken and it was discovered that her cancer had returned. She was still smoking. PET scans revealed that the cancer was back in the lungs, but was now also on her spine (several tumors on her spine and shoulder). The really dangerous one was the cancerous tumor on her brain.

On 11/19/13 she had surgery to remove the brain tumor. Doctors said that everything went as best as one could hope for. She went home to recover with family. They were not going to address all of the others until she regained some strength and they could come up with a battle-plan.

I went to the funeral services tonight after work. I gave my condolences to her sister, her brother in law, her kids, and many grandkids all of whom I had never met before. I think her sister was inspired by the fact that I expressed how much Bobbi had helped me, and many of my employees, on a personal level on issues completely unrelated to work.

ItÂ’s too bad that she managed to remain sober for 30 years but could never quit nicotine. I hate nicotine.

Gospel right there Brother.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »
An old lady named Bobbi has handled our human resources and payroll issues for the past 9 years. She weighed next to nothing, but she was feisty and got things done on time and without issue. She was a recovering alcoholic and lost a brother to alcoholism. She was a chain smoker despite battling and recovering from lung cancer. When she spoke it sounded like she had been smoking since birth.

Aside the payroll and HR stuff, she was there on a personal level to me and many others, despite never meeting most in person. When my mother in law killed herself, she was there as a source of strength through her direct experience. When my sister in law, an alcoholic, was plotting to kidnap my daughters and kill my wife and me, Bobbi was there as a source of strength through her direct experience.

On 11/19/13 she had surgery to remove the brain tumor. Doctors said that everything went as best as one could hope for. She went home to recover with family. They were not going to address all of the others until she regained some strength and they could come up with a battle-plan.

I went to the funeral services tonight after work. I gave my condolences to her sister, her brother in law, her kids, and many grandkids all of whom I had never met before. I think her sister was inspired by the fact that I expressed how much Bobbi had helped me, and many of my employees, on a personal level on issues completely unrelated to work.

ItÂ’s too bad that she managed to remain sober for 30 years but could never quit nicotine. I hate nicotine.

"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #188 on: November 22, 2013, 10:45:00 PM »
Quote from: sportsfan231
Quote from: jost2brown
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: OneImpressiveBall
You left something at the airport, Evil.  (That link is semi-not safe for work).
'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup'

I am sure that went to lost and found. Who would have the guts to claim it!!!!!!

Gmann maybe?
Now, that was classic. OIB, what exactly were you searching for to get that video hit?
My guess is OIB was searching for his giant black dildo. He wasnt sure if he left it at EW's or on the plane.

:unsure:
OneImpressiveBall found OneImpressiveBlackDong. Sounds legit.
Wtf 'Popcorn'
'crackup'

Offline Sportsfan231

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »
You left something at the airport, Evil.  (That link is semi-not safe for work).

I am sure that went to lost and found. Who would have the guts to claim it!!!!!!

Gmann maybe?
Now, that was classic. OIB, what exactly were you searching for to get that video hit?
My guess is OIB was searching for his giant black dildo. He wasnt sure if he left it at EW's or on the plane.

Wtf 'Popcorn'

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2013, 09:21:00 PM »

Gmann maybe?

I am just wondering why no one asked how/why OIB can identify Evil's "dong" by site alone...
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2013, 01:22:00 PM »

Gmann maybe?

"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »

Gmann maybe?

The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »

Gmann maybe?
Barely stopped laughing before someone came in my office to see what it was about!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2013, 12:46:00 PM »

Gmann maybe?

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »
You left something at the airport, Evil. (That link is semi-not safe for work).

Gmann maybe?
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline OneImpressiveBall

• Quitter
« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2013, 12:18:00 PM »
You left something at the airport, Evil. (That link is semi-not safe for work).
Proud January 2013 Jackwagin: [color=330066]kicking nicotine's ass since October 3, 2012.[/color]
My 265-Day Late HOF Speech
KEEP
CALM
AND
QUIT
ON

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: jlud007
400 days in and the thought of dip still enters my consciousness at least a half dozen times a day. I did this to myself. I chose to start this. I read the warnings that nicotine was addictive and, despite knowing my obscenely addictive personality, I tried it and became an immediate slave, thief, and liar.

I’m tired of being a slave. I am no longer a slave to nicotine but a slave to Quit. I know that I can’t quit quitting. I know that I am far from being able to not post roll for a day and be “ok”. I am accepting that right now I have to choose which one to be a slave to. There is no third option. Go back to nicotine or be quit and deal with it. The constant thoughts are a reminder of addiction and without them I would become complacent; but man, lighten up.

The idea of packing a can, taking a pinch, and working it with my tongue deep into my cheek still seems not only appealing, but ok, fun, and acceptable. IÂ’m sick of that idea. I try to hate it. I try to visualize it as being a slow death, a means to orphan my little girls, a way to widow my wife. Those thoughts are a constant mental battle of power versus power and are emotionally draining. But, I am quit and if I wake tomorrow I will quit again.

I am thankful that I have KTC, the Jackwagins, layers of accountability, a spouse that knows my current struggles to escape my past of epically poor decisions, vets that lead the way, new quitters that bring new energy, and about 130 numbers in my phone for quitters that understand this daily battle.

See you on roll.
Congrats on 400 days Evil.

All I can say about this post is.....get out of my head!

I never fails when I'm in any kind of a funky spot in my quit, I read something from one of you guys that hits the spot. Yours is right where I've been at lately, just sick of it, but like you I did this to me and will continue to do what I need to stay quit.

Proud to quit with you today!
This is the shit right here!!

Get some every damn day!
Awesome 400 Evil!!! So glad youre here!
Love you man! You too Cbird!!
have a super weekend Men!!
Cheers!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2013, 08:09:00 AM »
Quote from: jlud007
400 days in and the thought of dip still enters my consciousness at least a half dozen times a day. I did this to myself. I chose to start this. I read the warnings that nicotine was addictive and, despite knowing my obscenely addictive personality, I tried it and became an immediate slave, thief, and liar.

I’m tired of being a slave. I am no longer a slave to nicotine but a slave to Quit. I know that I can’t quit quitting. I know that I am far from being able to not post roll for a day and be “ok”. I am accepting that right now I have to choose which one to be a slave to. There is no third option. Go back to nicotine or be quit and deal with it. The constant thoughts are a reminder of addiction and without them I would become complacent; but man, lighten up.

The idea of packing a can, taking a pinch, and working it with my tongue deep into my cheek still seems not only appealing, but ok, fun, and acceptable. IÂ’m sick of that idea. I try to hate it. I try to visualize it as being a slow death, a means to orphan my little girls, a way to widow my wife. Those thoughts are a constant mental battle of power versus power and are emotionally draining. But, I am quit and if I wake tomorrow I will quit again.

I am thankful that I have KTC, the Jackwagins, layers of accountability, a spouse that knows my current struggles to escape my past of epically poor decisions, vets that lead the way, new quitters that bring new energy, and about 130 numbers in my phone for quitters that understand this daily battle.

See you on roll.
Congrats on 400 days Evil.

All I can say about this post is.....get out of my head!

I never fails when I'm in any kind of a funky spot in my quit, I read something from one of you guys that hits the spot. Yours is right where I've been at lately, just sick of it, but like you I did this to me and will continue to do what I need to stay quit.

Proud to quit with you today!
This is the shit right here!!

Get some every damn day!
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #177 on: November 14, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »
Way to fight it out for now 401 days brother. Congrats and I will be right here with you today.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13