Author Topic: Quit or Die  (Read 13547 times)

Offline Mike_Land

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Triathlons and my girls, Wife Michelle and Daughter Olivia.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quit or Die
« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »
Once again your feelings mirror my own. Congrats on 400. I know what a stuggle it is to fight this battle every day. I am inspired to trudge onward because of the example set by you and others who are continuing to beat the bitch back.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
400 days in and the thought of dip still enters my consciousness at least a half dozen times a day. I did this to myself. I chose to start this. I read the warnings that nicotine was addictive and, despite knowing my obscenely addictive personality, I tried it and became an immediate slave, thief, and liar.

I’m tired of being a slave. I am no longer a slave to nicotine but a slave to Quit. I know that I can’t quit quitting. I know that I am far from being able to not post roll for a day and be “ok”. I am accepting that right now I have to choose which one to be a slave to. There is no third option. Go back to nicotine or be quit and deal with it. The constant thoughts are a reminder of addiction and without them I would become complacent; but man, lighten up.

The idea of packing a can, taking a pinch, and working it with my tongue deep into my cheek still seems not only appealing, but ok, fun, and acceptable. IÂ’m sick of that idea. I try to hate it. I try to visualize it as being a slow death, a means to orphan my little girls, a way to widow my wife. Those thoughts are a constant mental battle of power versus power and are emotionally draining. But, I am quit and if I wake tomorrow I will quit again.

I am thankful that I have KTC, the Jackwagins, layers of accountability, a spouse that knows my current struggles to escape my past of epically poor decisions, vets that lead the way, new quitters that bring new energy, and about 130 numbers in my phone for quitters that understand this daily battle.

See you on roll.
Congrats on 400 days Evil.

All I can say about this post is.....get out of my head!

I never fails when I'm in any kind of a funky spot in my quit, I read something from one of you guys that hits the spot. Yours is right where I've been at lately, just sick of it, but like you I did this to me and will continue to do what I need to stay quit.

Proud to quit with you today!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2013, 08:34:00 AM »
I am no longer a slave to nicotine but a slave to Quit.
Bingo. I am proud to quit with you on a daily basis. Addicted to quit. Me.

Offline bigskyken

• Quitter
« Reply #173 on: November 14, 2013, 02:10:00 AM »
I'm just over Day 5 and stumble across your post referencing the allure of taking a dip, which of course is occupying my mind non-stop. So I wander back through your story and wind up at your HOF speech...damn near every word you wrote applies to my affair with Nic, and Evil Won at all the same places, and then some others.

Thanks for the inspiration to stay quit and never get in bed with Nic again.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #172 on: November 14, 2013, 01:27:00 AM »
400 days in and the thought of dip still enters my consciousness at least a half dozen times a day. I did this to myself. I chose to start this. I read the warnings that nicotine was addictive and, despite knowing my obscenely addictive personality, I tried it and became an immediate slave, thief, and liar.

I’m tired of being a slave. I am no longer a slave to nicotine but a slave to Quit. I know that I can’t quit quitting. I know that I am far from being able to not post roll for a day and be “ok”. I am accepting that right now I have to choose which one to be a slave to. There is no third option. Go back to nicotine or be quit and deal with it. The constant thoughts are a reminder of addiction and without them I would become complacent; but man, lighten up.

The idea of packing a can, taking a pinch, and working it with my tongue deep into my cheek still seems not only appealing, but ok, fun, and acceptable. IÂ’m sick of that idea. I try to hate it. I try to visualize it as being a slow death, a means to orphan my little girls, a way to widow my wife. Those thoughts are a constant mental battle of power versus power and are emotionally draining. But, I am quit and if I wake tomorrow I will quit again.

I am thankful that I have KTC, the Jackwagins, layers of accountability, a spouse that knows my current struggles to escape my past of epically poor decisions, vets that lead the way, new quitters that bring new energy, and about 130 numbers in my phone for quitters that understand this daily battle.

See you on roll.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2013, 07:24:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Day 94 - 10/16/13
Meeting Evil
I was running late, getting texts telling me about Evil sitting in a rural town bar surrounded by dipping fools. I get there have a couple of beers with what turns out to be a very interesting and stand up guy. Yes he is just as outspoken in person as he is on here. Those of you that have had the pleasure to meet this quitter probably feel as confident as I do that he would do anything in his power to help your quit.

I look forward to having another couple of beers with you, taking a Blackhawks or Bears game and enjoying out quits.

I have a few days to go before I hit my HOF and I am more inspired. Unfortunately during this meeting I got a text from a fellow quitter letting me know that ads he was a couple of days from his HOaf that he caved. Thank god Evil was there as I was ready to let some rage off the leash.

Thank you brother for being a fellow quitter, an awesome guy and a person to turn to. I am proud to have one more real life boot ready to kick my ass should my quit train skip off track at anytime.

Pinched
QLF EVIL

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2013, 12:56:00 AM »
Day 94 - 10/16/13
Meeting Evil
I was running late, getting texts telling me about Evil sitting in a rural town bar surrounded by dipping fools. I get there have a couple of beers with what turns out to be a very interesting and stand up guy. Yes he is just as outspoken in person as he is on here. Those of you that have had the pleasure to meet this quitter probably feel as confident as I do that he would do anything in his power to help your quit.

I look forward to having another couple of beers with you, taking a Blackhawks or Bears game and enjoying out quits.

I have a few days to go before I hit my HOF and I am more inspired. Unfortunately during this meeting I got a text from a fellow quitter letting me know that ads he was a couple of days from his HOaf that he caved. Thank god Evil was there as I was ready to let some rage off the leash.

Thank you brother for being a fellow quitter, an awesome guy and a person to turn to. I am proud to have one more real life boot ready to kick my ass should my quit train skip off track at anytime.

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline jhaenel23

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the Nic Bitch's Ass every day!!Staying in the QUIT, And helping all of my KTC Brothers to do the same!!
« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »
Congrats my Bro!! Another Wagin across the 1 year mark!!! On to the 4th Floor my man!! 'oh yeah'

J
Stay in the Q.U.I.T*********Fuck the NIC!!" Jhaenel23
"Freedom is like your Soul going Commando!" Scowick
"Losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!!" John Mason
"If its too much trouble to post roll, You can always Fuck Off!!" J2B
HOF Speech
Sounds Of Madness
QUIT 10-22-12
HOF 1-29-13
Post with Da Jackwagins!!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2013, 12:17:00 AM »
Like a boss. Evil is losing. Congrats on 365!!?
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
Congrats on a year Evil Won!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Erussell
Quote from: dabean22
Quote from: srans
Quote from: traumagnet
The Reign of Evil
10/10/12 - present
Day 1 - 100 - Constant battles to remain nic free. Engage in all areas of KTC. Believe, with full faith, that KTC will work. Stick with the plan: Post roll everyday, honor my word, repeat tomorrow.

Days 100-200 - Start to get comfortable being dip free. Start to learn that NAFAR is not just a catchy thing to toss at someone in a funk, but that it is true. Dip serves no positive purpose. I was honored to be asked to co-conduct the HOF Train with OneImpressiveBall. That act alone increased my accountability exponentially. Thanks Boelker and LCWB for providing that extra level of accountability. All during this time I still thought about dip constantly, every hour of every day. Quitting still was difficult.

Days 200-300 - Quitter meets…many! If anyone reading has the opportunity to meet a quitter in person do it.  Kdip came to town for some ghey convention and tossed the idea of being a mod. Me? I’m in my 200s! You need at least a comma to be worthy of that. He said my name was mentioned and asked me if I would even accept if I was asked. The only question I asked him was “has being a MOD increased your accountability?” Without hesitation he said absolutely. So, when the Admins asked I had no choice but to accept.

Days 300-363 - More quitter meets. More accountability.  At this point I had an epiphany: I still think about dip constantly, several times an hour, but the urge to act on those thoughts is gone. This is perfect! Thinking about it keeps me reminded that I’m an addict, but no urge to act on it keeps me quit. I am feeling better health wise. More confident, like I’m dragging a redwood between my legs. Start a one-man crusade at work and take over the company. Stress is at an all-time high. Still quit.

Day 364 - Traveling for work. Alone in a hotel. HOF coin, 200 day chip, and Smokey Mountain at my side.

Day 365 - Meeting Sportsfan (for the second time) to celebrate, and just because I’m in his neighborhood, and he is a rock star; the Mick Jaggar of quit. I have remained nicotine free for one year straight.  Here is what I’ve learned: I’m still an addict and that will never change.  That’s ok too! Why? Because of KTC and the people that make this “online community” a family. Whether you are over 3,000 days quit, just posted for your first time, or are getting you balls kicked for caving for the third time, everyone here is vital to the overall success of everyone else. Failure, caving, is a choice that one has to consciously make. One cannot fail today if they give their word and honor it today. For me the choice is clear.

Thank you everyone.
thank you Evil for all your hard work and dedication to the site and quit a true role model enjoy your day. 'oh yeah'
Great accomplishment evil. Thanks for every word you have spoken at ktc. Your one of the reasons my quit was and is even possible!!
Evil, you are one of the giants here. I appreciate all that you have done for me and my group. You are an inspiration. Congratulations. I am proud to quit with you.
Congrats Bro. I am proud to be quit with you. Thanks for everything you do to contribute to this amazing site. Your efforts don't go unnoticed evil! Quit with you erussell 163.
Congrats and thanks. You are a leader and an inspiration!

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »
Quote from: dabean22
The Reign of Evil
10/10/12 - present
Day 1 - 100 - Constant battles to remain nic free. Engage in all areas of KTC. Believe, with full faith, that KTC will work. Stick with the plan: Post roll everyday, honor my word, repeat tomorrow.

Days 100-200 - Start to get comfortable being dip free. Start to learn that NAFAR is not just a catchy thing to toss at someone in a funk, but that it is true. Dip serves no positive purpose. I was honored to be asked to co-conduct the HOF Train with OneImpressiveBall. That act alone increased my accountability exponentially. Thanks Boelker and LCWB for providing that extra level of accountability. All during this time I still thought about dip constantly, every hour of every day. Quitting still was difficult.

Days 200-300 - Quitter meets…many! If anyone reading has the opportunity to meet a quitter in person do it.  Kdip came to town for some ghey convention and tossed the idea of being a mod. Me? I’m in my 200s! You need at least a comma to be worthy of that. He said my name was mentioned and asked me if I would even accept if I was asked. The only question I asked him was “has being a MOD increased your accountability?” Without hesitation he said absolutely. So, when the Admins asked I had no choice but to accept.

Days 300-363 - More quitter meets. More accountability.  At this point I had an epiphany: I still think about dip constantly, several times an hour, but the urge to act on those thoughts is gone. This is perfect! Thinking about it keeps me reminded that I’m an addict, but no urge to act on it keeps me quit. I am feeling better health wise. More confident, like I’m dragging a redwood between my legs. Start a one-man crusade at work and take over the company. Stress is at an all-time high. Still quit.

Day 364 - Traveling for work. Alone in a hotel. HOF coin, 200 day chip, and Smokey Mountain at my side.

Day 365 - Meeting Sportsfan (for the second time) to celebrate, and just because I’m in his neighborhood, and he is a rock star; the Mick Jaggar of quit. I have remained nicotine free for one year straight.  Here is what I’ve learned: I’m still an addict and that will never change.  That’s ok too! Why? Because of KTC and the people that make this “online community” a family. Whether you are over 3,000 days quit, just posted for your first time, or are getting you balls kicked for caving for the third time, everyone here is vital to the overall success of everyone else. Failure, caving, is a choice that one has to consciously make. One cannot fail today if they give their word and honor it today. For me the choice is clear.

Thank you everyone.
thank you Evil for all your hard work and dedication to the site and quit a true role model enjoy your day. 'oh yeah'
Great accomplishment evil. Thanks for every word you have spoken at ktc. Your one of the reasons my quit was and is even possible!!
Evil, you are one of the giants here. I appreciate all that you have done for me and my group. You are an inspiration. Congratulations. I am proud to quit with you.
Congrats Bro. I am proud to be quit with you. Thanks for everything you do to contribute to this amazing site. Your efforts don't go unnoticed evil! Quit with you erussell 163.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline CMVSteved

• Quitter
« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2013, 09:03:00 PM »
Way to go evil! Proud to be quit with you man!

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2013, 08:32:00 PM »
The Reign of Evil
10/10/12 - present

Thank you everyone.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2013, 04:25:00 PM »
Congrats, and thanks for all you do here.