Author Topic: Well....finally here....  (Read 2387 times)

Offline cafoxl8tly

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-27
  • Interests: English premier league soccer, cycling. Spending time with my daughter and wife.Helping you and you helping me take it ODAAT.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Well....finally here....
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2014, 01:57:00 PM »
Quote from: GMunz
Made it 90 days.....now pushing for 91....

Never thought it would be this hard. I've been slack on roll, but managed to get back for milestones.

Need to get back on the roll regularity.
Way to go Gmunz! I'm looking forward to hitting your date. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Offline GMunz

• Quit Date: 2014-09-21
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »
Made it 90 days.....now pushing for 91....

Never thought it would be this hard. I've been slack on roll, but managed to get back for milestones.

Need to get back on the roll regularity.
'Remshot' KODIAK

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Dude, I know you have my number, so unless you are on Mars there is no excuse not to post roll.

Example of text:

"Thumble, GMunz here, post me up in "month x"......" It's not hard.

Glad you are quit, but roll is the cornerstone here.
^^^ that is great support! Use it to post roll, check in and stay quit!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2014, 03:09:00 PM »
Dude, I know you have my number, so unless you are on Mars there is no excuse not to post roll.

Example of text:

"Thumble, GMunz here, post me up in "month x"......" It's not hard.

Glad you are quit, but roll is the cornerstone here.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2014, 01:58:00 PM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: schaef418
Whew....been a while since I've posted in my intro...

17 days in. Im super proud....have been through some mean cravings, but all facial pain is GONE!!!!! Wooot!!!

Had me scared as hell, though. Still going to follow through with my physician this Thursday and a "tweener" dental appointment next week for additional checkup and cancer screen.

I have to do this, otherwise, not knowing will drive me insane.

Thanks for all the kicks in the nuts recently, as well as emails. I was at a trade show 3/4 of the way across the country and because of the work schedule, didnt get to roll every day.

I realize that every excuse is a lame one, so I really have nothing else to say but "COME ON GMUNZ!!!! SACK UP AND POST ROLL!!!!!!"

THis is the hardest thing Ive ever done in my life, but just over two weeks in and I haven't touched the bear. Weekends are difficult, so if im really itching, I go grab a can of Smokey Mountain. That stuff tastes like dog nuts, but I still haven't completely shaken the oral fixation.

Ill be back more often.....thanks for reaching out, for those who did, when I slipped on roll there last week.

Today IM QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice post. You're doing well. Find a way to post roll EDD no matter what. I'm quit with you today.
Congrats Gmunz. 17 days is no joke. I remember pounding my chest on my intro page when I was 20 days quit. I also remember a bunch of vets telling me to buckle down because the next 3 would weeks suck....they were right. It won't be as hard as the first 3 weeks but the craves don't stop and that is depressing. But keep doing what you are doing and you'll get through it. Don't get lazy on roll call, and good luck.
Good job Mister!
When the going gets tough, keep going!
You will never regret being quit and kicking craves to the curb.
I quit with You today.
Craves will lessen, I promise.
Learn to hate the poison for what it really is.
Let go and surrender to the quit EDD and ODAAT.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2014, 12:05:00 PM »
Quote from: schaef418

17 days in. Im super proud....have been through some mean cravings, but all facial pain is GONE!!!!! Wooot!!!

Had me scared as hell, though. Still going to follow through with my physician this Thursday and a "tweener" dental appointment next week for additional checkup and cancer screen.

Thanks for all the kicks in the nuts recently, as well as emails. I was at a trade show 3/4 of the way across the country and because of the work schedule, didnt get to roll every day.

I realize that every excuse is a lame one, so I really have nothing else to say but "COME ON GMUNZ!!!! SACK UP AND POST ROLL!!!!!!"

THis is the hardest thing Ive ever done in my life, but just over two weeks in and I haven't touched the bear. Weekends are difficult, so if im really itching, I go grab a can of Smokey Mountain. That stuff tastes like dog nuts, but I still haven't completely shaken the oral fixation.

Ill be back more often.....thanks for reaching out, for those who did, when I slipped on roll there last week.

Nice post. You're doing well. Find a way to post roll EDD no matter what. I'm quit with you today.
Congrats Gmunz. 17 days is no joke. I remember pounding my chest on my intro page when I was 20 days quit. I also remember a bunch of vets telling me to buckle down because the next 3 would weeks suck....they were right. It won't be as hard as the first 3 weeks but the craves don't stop and that is depressing. But keep doing what you are doing and you'll get through it. Don't get lazy on roll call, and good luck.

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2014, 08:48:00 PM »

Offline GMunz

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2014, 08:43:00 PM »

'Remshot' KODIAK

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 11:15:00 PM »
You got this man. Keep posting roll. Keep the shit out if your mouth. Keep doing what you are doing.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 09:58:00 PM »
Today I cleaned out 87 empty cans of Kodiak from my top dresser drawer....I used to empty my pockets and put my change, keys, dip cans, wallet on my dresser....i guess some migrated into the top drawer...

Some of the statistics:

That makes up for about 2 months of dipping for me. Just two months. I had a 15 year addiction......wow...

A can of Kodiak at my favorite store cost 4.23 w/tax.....2 months - $368.01

One year - $2208.06....thats just doing the math. I was a much heavier user during football weekends, vacations, road trips, holidays, etc.

So, Id figure around a $2500/year addiction.....HOLY SHIT....really hits home when you think of it that way.

Nearly $40,000 spent on Kodiak Wintergreen in 15 years. Jesus H....

Im quit today.....Im quit forever.....today was epic, in a way. The realization of what Im doing for myself by tossing this shit out of my life.....8 days in and Im staying as busy as possible. I dont always get to the roll call in the AM, but I get to it eventually....every day.

Keep truckin!
First off, congratulations on hitting that 1 week mark. I think we all recognize how big an accomplishment that really is and you should be proud of yourself. I still want to see that roll call be part of your morning routine (wake up, piss, post) but I will acknowledge that your promise at 8:00AM is just as valid as your promise at 1:00PM.

Keep it up G money.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline GMunz

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »
Today I cleaned out 87 empty cans of Kodiak from my top dresser drawer....I used to empty my pockets and put my change, keys, dip cans, wallet on my dresser....i guess some migrated into the top drawer...

Some of the statistics:

That makes up for about 2 months of dipping for me. Just two months. I had a 15 year addiction......wow...

A can of Kodiak at my favorite store cost 4.23 w/tax.....2 months - $368.01

One year - $2208.06....thats just doing the math. I was a much heavier user during football weekends, vacations, road trips, holidays, etc.

So, Id figure around a $2500/year addiction.....HOLY SHIT....really hits home when you think of it that way.

Nearly $40,000 spent on Kodiak Wintergreen in 15 years. Jesus H....

Im quit today.....Im quit forever.....today was epic, in a way. The realization of what Im doing for myself by tossing this shit out of my life.....8 days in and Im staying as busy as possible. I dont always get to the roll call in the AM, but I get to it eventually....every day.

Keep truckin!
'Remshot' KODIAK

Offline RoyalCowboy7

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-18
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 09:16:00 AM »
Keep it up GMunz and don't worry about another week take it one day at a time or as we say around here ODAAT. Makes it a lot easier and keeps your mind focused on staying quit today. Glad to be QLF with you today
The Copenhagen can will no longer control this man because being a quitter means becoming a winner

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10358427/8/#new

Offline GMunz

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »
I've tried Smokey Mountain twice this weekend......it tastes like horse shit, which is probably a good thing....

Actually, what works better for me is shoving like 6 pieces of extra in my mouth and then occasionally packing my gums like I would a dip...

For the most part, the nic withdrawal symptoms are ebbing, but there's still this "heavy feeling", which is weird. I guess it's still the old body getting used to NOT having any poison coursing through it.

Good weekend for the most part....stayed busy, spent time with the family....chewed a lot of gum.. :D

Very proud of myself for lasting a week......now lets make it another.

I really shocked the hell out of myself when I was able to walk into some of my favorite convenience stores (where the clerks actually grabbed a couple of cans and had the waiting for me when I walked up to the counter....sad, I know) and didn't even cave....I was glad to tell those folks thanks, but no thanks....hell yes!!!

'Remshot' KODIAK
'Remshot' KODIAK

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »
Keep posting roll and don't put shit in your mouth

It's that easy man.

A lot of quitters posting opinions on your intro. These people care about you. Do not let them down. Get it?

Pb

Offline lighty7

• Quitter
  • Interests: UGA Football
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2014, 09:07:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: lighty7
Gmunz - nice work posting roll. This is just the beginning. The freedom from this shit on your fingertips.

I also forgot to mention that Kodiak was my dirtweed of choice as well. I kind of feel a kindred spirit with people on here who quit Kodiak. We sometimes romanticize our former dip of choice but the quicker you can get that shit out your head the better. There is nothing romantic about Kodiak - you were addicted to nicotine and Kodiak was the delivery system - nothing more. Learn to despise that fucking bear. Check out my sig quote. I got a kick out of it early on in my quit.

I'm gonna send you my digits. Hit me up if you need anything.
Shit, you actually posted roll AND I read a constructive comment from you on another intro page. Despite your early sensitivity, you might actually have some badassery in you. Good stuff Gmunz. Remember this equation Accountability + Brotherhood = Success. The answer to this equation all starts with the roll post. As you keep reading I'm sure you're learning that this is the cornerstone of quitting, and the price of admission here at KTC. Posting roll is your word. Your promise. The method only works and only has worth if you post roll. That's why you were pressed so hard up front.

At the end of the day, despite the tough love you may find, we all share a common goal. To be quit. We want that for us and we want that for our brothers and sisters. It starts and ends with posting roll.
Thanks for the kick in the nuts, actually...

Everyone with an addiction is also quick to put up the gloves...

Im here to stay quit....My inbox is busy, to say the least.......and that tells me that this might not be some crappy corner of the internet after all....

Folks really care about helping other folks kick this nasty shit....

Gmunz - the kick in the nuts is a beautiful thing if it works. I came in like a total pussy in my intro and was rightly called on it by some bad ass quitters. It shook me up but was exactly what I needed.

Needless to say I haven't looked back.

Proud to quit with you today