Author Topic: Killing the OTHER Can  (Read 1219 times)

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Killing the OTHER Can
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 02:49:00 PM »
Quote from: Emulator
Treat it like dip....just quit cold turkey. I never used fake just because I thought that it may make my quit harder. I would assume that the addiction to the fake is psychological more than physical thus laying down the fake will cause craves but I figure nothing like the chemical addiction of nicotine.... Just my thinking.....Robbie
I'm with emulator here. I'd hate the thought that we would have to start a fake dip stop group! Seriously, you can't be having physical craves for the stuff after so long. You have simply developed another crutch that you think is keeping you from dipping. Start cutting back. If you can't do it you have to protect your quit, but one day you really won't need it anymore. Seeds and gum always work pretty good for me..... 'drool'
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

E&C's Dad

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 09:55:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: PissedHippie
Thanks all. Last night, the family and I were out running errands and I didn't have a spit bottle in the car which normally would have had me all wound up. I just told myself not to sweat it because I'm not addicted to the herbal snuff anyway, so what's the big deal. It was weird. For the rest of the night, every trigger I normally had was just a little mouse fart. I guess I've never really pushed the urges since I've had these little fake cans lying around, but now I know that I can.

I love the added security of knowing that I can always keep one of these cans around for years to come to conquer the really big triggers in life. I guess I'll just need to give myself a little more time for now. It's a shame these products are more readily available at a retail level.
You should join us here and start posting roll in the quit group section. The accountability will do more for you in the long run than the fake dip.

Have you read the welcome center?
^^^This is the key. Join us post roll every damn day.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 06:15:00 PM »
Thanks all. Last night, the family and I were out running errands and I didn't have a spit bottle in the car which normally would have had me all wound up. I just told myself not to sweat it because I'm not addicted to the herbal snuff anyway, so what's the big deal. It was weird. For the rest of the night, every trigger I normally had was just a little mouse fart. I guess I've never really pushed the urges since I've had these little fake cans lying around, but now I know that I can.

I love the added security of knowing that I can always keep one of these cans around for years to come to conquer the really big triggers in life. I guess I'll just need to give myself a little more time for now. It's a shame these products are more readily available at a retail level.
You should join us here and start posting roll in the quit group section. The accountability will do more for you in the long run than the fake dip.

Have you read the welcome center?
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Emulator

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 02:50:00 PM »
Treat it like dip....just quit cold turkey. I never used fake just because I thought that it may make my quit harder. I would assume that the addiction to the fake is psychological more than physical thus laying down the fake will cause craves but I figure nothing like the chemical addiction of nicotine.... Just my thinking.....Robbie
ODAAT NAFAR QFL

D-Day 1/1/14
HOF 4/10/2014
2nd Floor July 19, 2014
3rd Floor October 27, 2014

My HoF Speech: http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10229741/1/#new
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000243565739

Offline PissedHippie

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 01:54:00 PM »

Offline golfpro9696

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-12-09
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 03:45:00 PM »
Quote from: jayd41
Quote from: Lipizzaner
Hey Quitters -

Just curious about others' experiences with herbal dips. I'm at about 10 weeks now with no Cope, but find myself really dependent on Smokey Mountain and Hooch. I've read where others have simply stopped dipping the mint snuff like it was no big deal, but I don't see that happening for me just yet. I'm still treating it like a life line, and planning my mail orders like it was insulin.
I am a Hooch junkie. I used to think Wintergreen hooch was the shit, then I found spitfire.
Anyway, I have the same worries. if I take three hours off hooch I get foggy and irritable, panicky, angry.
Don't know how bad breaking the hooch habit will be, but I plan on cutting back a bit after day 100, and maybe going cold turkey after the summer.
But how can I take a dump without hooch? Just kidding. I used to say that about Kodiak.
just tried the spitfire...it's not too shabby...its got a weird flavor that i can't put my finger on but not bad
Spitfire  Wintergreen are the two flavors I keep around too. Spitfire is good, it's got a little tabasco kick to it.
Quit Date: 12/9/2013
HOF Date: 3/18/2014
15th Floor: 1/16/2018
1 Year: 12/9/2014
2 Year: 12/9/2015
3 Year: 12/9/2016
4 Year: 12/9/2017

Proud member of March '14 Ironmen

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 01:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Lipizzaner
Hey Quitters -

Just curious about others' experiences with herbal dips. I'm at about 10 weeks now with no Cope, but find myself really dependent on Smokey Mountain and Hooch. I've read where others have simply stopped dipping the mint snuff like it was no big deal, but I don't see that happening for me just yet. I'm still treating it like a life line, and planning my mail orders like it was insulin.
I am a Hooch junkie. I used to think Wintergreen hooch was the shit, then I found spitfire.
Anyway, I have the same worries. if I take three hours off hooch I get foggy and irritable, panicky, angry.
Don't know how bad breaking the hooch habit will be, but I plan on cutting back a bit after day 100, and maybe going cold turkey after the summer.
But how can I take a dump without hooch? Just kidding. I used to say that about Kodiak.
just tried the spitfire...it's not too shabby...its got a weird flavor that i can't put my finger on but not bad
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Lipizzaner

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
Hey Quitters -

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 12:23:00 PM »
My 2 cents on this is that I started using them hard when I first quit and I was a fan of Jake's Mint Chew. I tried Smokey Mountain and did not enjoy this one as much because it tasted too much like real dip. I liked Jake's because it was texturally right. I noticed that I just stopped dipping it after about 70-80 days and I didn't worry about getting another shipment. I did on the other hand keep a can or two around for big triggers, from the days that I chewed Copenhagen. Driving long distances is a huge one for me. I will dip the mint chew then.

I would rather you chew a can a day of the fake stuff and be addicted to that, then to ever put another piece of cancer causing turd in your lip. My 2 cents

Offline golfpro9696

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-12-09
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
I'm at Day 134  I still use Hooch. I've found myself not using it "as much" lately, but I still enjoy it. Like Jay said, I know that it won't kill me so I'm not going to sweat it that much.
Quit Date: 12/9/2013
HOF Date: 3/18/2014
15th Floor: 1/16/2018
1 Year: 12/9/2014
2 Year: 12/9/2015
3 Year: 12/9/2016
4 Year: 12/9/2017

Proud member of March '14 Ironmen

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »
i think that if you are "hooked" on the fake stuff that is way better then being hooked on real stuff that will kill you. I am a few weeks earlier on in my quit then you are and i use the fake occasionally. It does its purpose and i know i'm not caving. i'd say chew as much of the fake as your heart desires.
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline PissedHippie

Killing the OTHER Can
« on: April 21, 2014, 12:07:00 PM »
Hey Quitters -