Author Topic: My Quit  (Read 1840 times)

Offline jjprice

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Quit
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 11:17:00 AM »
Quote from: JCR
Quote from: Wt57
I went ahead and checked if you posted right couldn't find it so I posted for you
OK - I went and looked at it. I will try to get it right tomorrow. Thanks for your help. My mind is going to be all over the place tomorrow without the Nic fix.
You got it! Now just keep getting it right, every morning, for the rest of your life!
You may be cool, but you're a tool compared to these guys.

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 12:58:00 AM »
Hey JCR, I just wanted to add to your welcome. Great decision. I was like you (most of us were): I had tried everything before I came here. These guys convinced me to stop trying, and start doing. So now I don't try to quit, I quit. Just for today. I have repeated that 73 times now.

Great job quitting TODAY!
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 12:32:00 AM »
I went ahead and checked if you posted right couldn't find it so I posted for you
OK - I went and looked at it. I will try to get it right tomorrow. Thanks for your help. My mind is going to be all over the place tomorrow without the Nic fix.
Be ready for trigger when or where you always chew, or where you stop to buy. Avoid if possible if not just prepare your self to keep your promise to yourself and brothers to stay quit. Post early in the day tomorrow. When you get pissed don't take it out on family and friends come here and blowup at us remember we're all crazy addicts we can take it and give it back too!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline JCR

• Interests: God, family, country, friends, fly fishing, camping, hiking, music, architecture, movies...
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 12:13:00 AM »
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."
-Ben Franklin

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 12:08:00 AM »
Are you quit now?  It will be rough but we are all going through the same thing.  We don't have to look any further than today, 1 day at a time is possible if you are commited.  I'll PM you right now and share my contact info.
I am quit now, as of this evening. Tomorrow will be my first full day, I appreciate your help.

Make sure everything is flushed get rid of all temptations. Stay strong I pm my phone# use it if your in trouble!!!

Offline JCR

• Interests: God, family, country, friends, fly fishing, camping, hiking, music, architecture, movies...
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 11:58:00 PM »
Are you quit now?  It will be rough but we are all going through the same thing.  We don't have to look any further than today, 1 day at a time is possible if you are commited.  I'll PM you right now and share my contact info.
I am quit now, as of this evening. Tomorrow will be my first full day, I appreciate your help.
-Ben Franklin

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 11:52:00 PM »
I am ready to post and having some trouble figuring this out - any help?
You are in the right place. Are you quit now? It will be rough but we are all going through the same thing. We don't have to look any further than today, 1 day at a time is possible if you are commited. I'll PM you right now and share my contact info.

Offline JCR

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 11:45:00 PM »
I am ready to post and having some trouble figuring this out - any help?
-Ben Franklin

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »
Your word...

Does it mean anything?

Give it. Then keep it.

Whatever it takes.

The rest will take care of itslef.

Offline JCR

My Quit
« on: April 05, 2012, 11:35:00 PM »
My name is Jeff,

I started dipping at age 15 when a buddy in high school gave me my first dip which was Kodiak mint (rough one to start on). I am now 26 years old and have been a loyal Copenhagen Wintergreen customer for some time now. I have easily been going through a can a day for the past 3 years. I dipped liked crazy through college, especially when studying and then was lucky enough to get a job that keeps me in the field most of the time, where I can dip all day, so this is going to suck. I have tried to quit in the past so many times that I have lost count and none of them lasted longer than 10 days (Super Addicted). I have come to this site a few times over the past few months and was skeptical but it seems like you all really help each other out and in all honesty I have tried everything. I want to quit.
-Ben Franklin