Author Topic: Nic free dip or no?  (Read 2421 times)

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: THE END
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 02:42:00 AM »
We got your back man. All you got to do is ask.

Be strong, and I'll look for you on roll today. Be strong, and do this for you.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 10:49:00 PM »
Bro. We've been back and forth.

You GOT this! We can do this together. That is no bullshit.

I know what you're talking about man. That's what makes us for real. I won't lie to you. I won't play dumb games. My number one mission is to stay Quit. My number two mission is for YOU to stay Quit.

Lean on me bro. I can bear the strain.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 10:45:00 PM »
Quote from: John_the_Revelator
Well I kicked alcohol about 4 months ago,lost 30+ lbs in less than 4 months but there was a Wolf in the room I didn't want to acknowledge.I started dipping when I was 19 that's been about 15 years ago.I never saw the issue with dipping,I knew you could get cancer from the stuff but like many users I convinced myself it wouldn't happen to me.Well thankfully it ain't happened but I wanna quit while I'm ahead,using tobacco is like playing Russian roulette by yourself.I am 34 in a couple months and I have 2 beautiful little girls(37)they keep me in line pretty good.I just got sick of going to my girls school events and having to be worried about where I can spit or thinking, Man I wish this would hurry up I want a dip.I want to show my girls you can't let anything whup you in this world.I plan on quitting everyday for as long as I'm around this ole earth.
You have the motivation. You have the desire. You have the balls.

Now everyday you wake up and decide, "today, I'm not using nicotine"

Odaat brother, you got this. There's a difference between want and need
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline John_the_Revelator

• Quit Date: 2014-06-23
  • Interests: I love fishing,watching college football,and playing with my 2 little gilrs (3and 7).I also have a PS4 that I enjoy playing!
THE END
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 10:39:00 PM »
Well I kicked alcohol about 4 months ago,lost 30+ lbs in less than 4 months but there was a Wolf in the room I didn't want to acknowledge.I started dipping when I was 19 that's been about 15 years ago.I never saw the issue with dipping,I knew you could get cancer from the stuff but like many users I convinced myself it wouldn't happen to me.Well thankfully it ain't happened but I wanna quit while I'm ahead,using tobacco is like playing Russian roulette by yourself.I am 34 in a couple months and I have 2 beautiful little girls(37)they keep me in line pretty good.I just got sick of going to my girls school events and having to be worried about where I can spit or thinking, Man I wish this would hurry up I want a dip.I want to show my girls you can't let anything whup you in this world.I plan on quitting everyday for as long as I'm around this ole earth.

Offline spitstickler

• Quitter
  • Interests: American History, Rifles, Reloading
Re: Nic free dip or no?
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 08:23:00 PM »
I'm in the no fake dip camp. I know my tiny brain well enough to know that it'd be a little too close to the real thing. I feel like I need a complete mental and physical separation to make this work long term. Seeds are as close as I'm gonna get for now. Hope to keep it that way. YMMV.

• Interests: I love fishing,watching college football,and playing with my 2 little gilrs (3and 7).I also have a PS4 that I enjoy playing!
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 07:06:00 PM »
And yeah I was a wintergreen guy Timberwolf Longcut

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »
Thanks after doing a little looking around and researching it a bit I think I'm gonna at least give the fake stuff a shot.Its kind of hard to find around here though.Might order some from the store.And yeah exercise def helps I just need something to get me through the hard hitting craves that usually come after eating or when I sit down to play my PS4 at night after the wife and kids are asleep.I really appreciate all the input guys

Offline THansen2413

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-03
  • Interests: Vikings, Gophers, Wild. Enjoy running in the warm months.
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 06:50:00 PM »
Quote from: TheseThingsMatter
I never even knew about herbal dip until today when I seen it on the counter of a convince store I was at this morning. It said "Nicotine Free/Tobacco Free" so I picked some up.
Smokey Mountain was the brand. And the couple different flavours I tried tasted almost identical to the real stuff.
It helped make the day easier.
I used Smokey Mountain for roughly my first 50 days of being quit. I tried the Classic, Wintergreen, and Arctic Mint....Although I always came back to the Classic flavor. Utilize these safe alternatives early in your quit. Now days I don't use fake shit, just a few sticks of gum throughout the day. But early on....Smokey Mountain was a saving grace. Use it for as long as you feel necessary. Quit w/ you today!
Quitters I've met in person : Keddy, boelker62, Big Brother Jack, baitbanjo, SirDerek, Chewie, Scowick65, theo3wood, mcarmo44, MonsterEMT, Bronc, dforbes, rocketman, Lance from SD, kdip, wastepanel, quitspit, basshaug, greenspidy, 30yrAddict, btdogboy, cmark, chrisTKE1982, Jeffro Dolfie, Clampy, carlh2o, JGlav, ReWire, Chewrouski_Philly, Sranger999, walterwhite, DWEIRICK, spit cup, FranPro, ericfluck

Offline TheseThingsMatter

• Quit Date: 2014-06-25
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 06:25:00 PM »
I never even knew about herbal dip until today when I seen it on the counter of a convince store I was at this morning. It said "Nicotine Free/Tobacco Free" so I picked some up.
Smokey Mountain was the brand. And the couple different flavours I tried tasted almost identical to the real stuff.
It helped make the day easier.

Offline oxman

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 06:10:00 PM »
Going into day 3 and just picked up the smokey mountain wintergreen and fricking love it. Wallmart. It ain't the real stuff, but the herbal stuff has come a looooong way since it first came out!

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 04:44:00 PM »
fuckin love nic free dip...hooch baby! only way to fly...jayd41--day 99
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Landdon

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: June 18, 2014 is my first day of quit. I thank God, KTC, and my family for helping me.
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
Gum, Jolly Ranchers, and Seeds were for me. Along with lots of water, and running. I think for my first 4 days I was running twice a day!. WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO TO PREVENT FROM PUTTING IT IN YOUR MOUTH.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
I've been on Jack Link's Jerky Chew since my quit, my mentality was to get as far away from the chew look/taste while satisfying the oral fixation thing. It's nice to be able to just chew it up or give it to my dog when I'm done with it, and it looks nothing like chew in my teeth. As others have said, whatever it takes to keep that nic bitch out of your lip! Time will tell, but I'm pretty sure no one ever died from jerky (except maybe a few who were Messin' with Sasquatch).
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Seven

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-19
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 04:09:00 PM »
I've been using Hooch and Smokey Mountain..neither taste much like Cope, but they do feel similar. I say worry about the nic now, let's take care of the oral fixation later.

Hooch is very sweet, almost turned my stomach at first, but i've gotten used to it. It also has cayenne pepper so that you feel a bit of a burn.

Smokey Mountain Wintergreen is not bad, if you were a Wintergreen guy. I can't comment on any of the other Smokey Mountain flavors.

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 03:59:00 PM »
John,

I use Bacc-off straight. closest thing to cope in terms of cut and packing I have found...not too bad with a little cayenne pepper in it either (thanks Joe C). It's not habit forming, so shouldn't be problem, but if it helps you get over the oral fixation thing. Others have opined it's too close to the real thing for them. Guess it's one of those things that you have to decide for yourself.