Author Topic: Quitting this time for sure  (Read 1708 times)

Offline xrmattaz

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain bikes, trials/street dirt motorbikes, running, hiking, dogs.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitting this time for sure
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
You can do this, sauce.

Just quit.
Just Matt
Quit Nic 1/5/2011
Quit ETOH Jan 2008

"Sounds like someone is looking for an excuse to cave......suck it up buttercup and keep posting roll" Capt Kylos

This is my quit. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My quit is my best friend. It is my life. My quit, without me, is useless. Without my quit, I am useless.......

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 10:53:00 AM »
Quote from: kdip
Quote from: noonelikesaquitter
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: Rsauce74
After reading some of the other comments I kinda feel like a douche seems likes the patch and meds doesnt really count because I have not actually quit nicotine.  I guess this is one step in the right direction I will just take it one step at a time.
Rsauce74
You're not a d-bag for quitting, dude. Most folks would probably say that however you get to quit is fine, as long as you get there. Using nicotine is not quit. I tried nic. gum and it simply cost me money and delayed my quit. It also increased the chances of me caving because my addict mind started rationalizing that if I hadn't quit nicotine yet I might as well go back to the can until I was really ready to quit.

The rules here are that you can't be using nicotine and posting roll call. Posting roll is our promise to each other that we will not use nicotine for that day. I'm not a Dr., but I've never heard of anybody dying because they quit nicotine cold turkey. I have heard of people dying from using tobacco, perhaps you have, too. Trash the shit, post roll, and get busy quitting.
gmann is right. You're not a dbag for wanting to quit. Thats what we're all here for. It's just that if you're going to play with us, you gotta follow our rules.

The biggest rule here, NO NIC, in ANY form WHATSOEVER.

Here's the truth: you don't need the patch, or gum or NRT at all. It only prolongs the process and is expensive as shit.

Tell your doctor, "no thanks", throw all that shit out, and let's get serious about quitting for good.

We don't try here. We do. The question is, Are You Ready?
First off congrats on the BEST decision you will ever make!!! Embrace the Suck and live with the pain!!! Its the fastest and sure way to get off that shit for good!!! REMEMBER THE SUCK you are going through now beccause you only have to do this once if you stay quit!!!
and please take the advice from motoman who also was using NRT...he claimed that once he got off the NRT that it was just as hard of withdraws and that using the NRT only made the whole quitting process that much longer.
He is now clean from all nicotine in the May group...why don't you join him?

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 10:18:00 AM »
Quote from: noonelikesaquitter
After reading some of the other comments I kinda feel like a douche seems likes the patch and meds doesnt really count because I have not actually quit nicotine.  I guess this is one step in the right direction I will just take it one step at a time.
Rsauce74
You're not a d-bag for quitting, dude. Most folks would probably say that however you get to quit is fine, as long as you get there. Using nicotine is not quit. I tried nic. gum and it simply cost me money and delayed my quit. It also increased the chances of me caving because my addict mind started rationalizing that if I hadn't quit nicotine yet I might as well go back to the can until I was really ready to quit.

The rules here are that you can't be using nicotine and posting roll call. Posting roll is our promise to each other that we will not use nicotine for that day. I'm not a Dr., but I've never heard of anybody dying because they quit nicotine cold turkey. I have heard of people dying from using tobacco, perhaps you have, too. Trash the shit, post roll, and get busy quitting.
gmann is right. You're not a dbag for wanting to quit. Thats what we're all here for. It's just that if you're going to play with us, you gotta follow our rules.

Here's the truth: you don't need the patch, or gum or NRT at all. It only prolongs the process and is expensive as shit.

Tell your doctor, "no thanks", throw all that shit out, and let's get serious about quitting for good.

First off congrats on the BEST decision you will ever make!!! Embrace the Suck and live with the pain!!! Its the fastest and sure way to get off that shit for good!!! REMEMBER THE SUCK you are going through now beccause you only have to do this once if you stay quit!!!

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 10:00:00 AM »
Rsauce74

What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »
After reading some of the other comments I kinda feel like a douche seems likes the patch and meds doesnt really count because I have not actually quit nicotine. I guess this is one step in the right direction I will just take it one step at a time.
Rsauce74

Offline Rsauce74

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »
After reading some of the other comments I kinda feel like a douche seems likes the patch and meds doesnt really count because I have not actually quit nicotine. I guess this is one step in the right direction I will just take it one step at a time.
Rsauce74

Offline Rsauce74

• Quitter
Quitting this time for sure
« on: February 02, 2011, 09:00:00 AM »
Hello,
I have chewed for over 21 years now. I have been fortunate only to have my gums receed some. I have been in the Military for about 17 years and I thought for a long time that dip was my advantage over all my challenges. I started when I was 15 (so that makes me 36) and it did not seem like a big deal then. I have quit 3x before and now this is going to be my 4th and final time trying to quit. I guess I had to practice first to make it a reality. I am on Day 2 with no chew, I am working with a doctor with the patch and meds. I would like to think that still counts. I just want to say thanks for giving me a place to vent my upcoming frustations, and the potential to learn from others in defeating this "enemy".
Rob