Author Topic: Scared  (Read 3429 times)

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Scared
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2010, 05:34:00 PM »
Quote from: kms
All I want to do is sleep! Keep hoping I will wake up  everything will be over. I always said I should have been born a guy - even though I'm 110 lbs with a boob job! I'd take growing balls to get through this!
Did you say 110 lbs and a boob job? You're growing on me girl :)

'boob' 'boob' 'boob'

Stay Strong

MOA

Offline kms

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, lifting weights, & spending time with my 3 kids.
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »
All I want to do is sleep! Keep hoping I will wake up  everything will be over. I always said I should have been born a guy - even though I'm 110 lbs with a boob job! I'd take growing balls to get through this!
Kelly

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2010, 04:52:00 PM »
Right now, I'm so confused I can't think straight. I still haven't been able to finish work, make it to the shower, or finish laundry... I'm not sure what I want to do. All I know is that I posted roll call today so if I cave it has to wait until tomorrow.
Ya got BALLS girl! Hang in there!!! Get up early (If you can sleep) and post roll again as early as possible. That way you can not cave on Sunday either. Believe it or not the shit is about out of your system. In another day or two things start getting alot better. You will one day look back on this and know it was all worth it!

PS You have a lot of support and people offering you help and advice...DONT FUCK THEM OVER! Stay close to the site and stay involved for a few more days at least.

MOA

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »
Right now, I'm so confused I can't think straight. I still haven't been able to finish work, make it to the shower, or finish laundry... I'm not sure what I want to do. All I know is that I posted roll call today so if I cave it has to wait until tomorrow.
Fuck work. Fuck the shower. Fuck the laundry.
None of that shit matters. Get some sugar free gum, get some sunflower seeds, drink a lot of water. Go run around the block. Whatever it takes.
It can be done. We are proof of it. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
Trust us, it WILL get better.
Bottom line is you're saving your life. Chemo looks pretty good you say?
You won't be saying that when you look in the mirror and you're bald with no fucking lower jaw.

STAY STRONG-STAY QUIT

Offline Maverick55

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »
5by5 KMS, 5by5 (5 minutes by 5 minutes). You can do this. There will ALWAYS be a reason to not quit - to wait just a little longer. To wait until:

- After the Holidays so you won't be stressed out by the family
- After that next big project at work so you're at your best
- After that big party you friend is having
- After **enter problem here** is resolved

Point being, you can muscle through this, you will muscle through this - because if you don't you will have to go though this again, and no one wants to go through what you're going through again.

Keep your head up, post call, come here and READ everything. I found a significant amount of support in what has been written in the past. If you need a number, PM me.
Quit Date: 11/06/10
HOF Date: 02/14/11
2nd Floor: 05/25/11
3rd Floor: 09/02/11
4th Floor: 12/12/11
5th Floor: 03/19/12
6th Floor: 06/27/12

Offline Jeeper

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »
Try not to think about it. You can do this. PM me if you need another number.
RIP - R.W.D June 15, 2010
RIP - Big Boy Nov 27, 2013

Quit Date: 5/18/2010
HOF Date: 8/25/2010
2nd Floor: 12/3/2010
3rd Floor: 3/13/2011
4th Floor: 6/21/2011
5th Floor: 9/29/2011
6th Floor: 1/7/2012
7th Floor: 4/16/2012
8th Floor: 7/25/2012
9th Floor:P 11/2/2012

Offline kms

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2010, 04:23:00 PM »
Kelly

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »
Quote from: TootsiePopAddict
Kelly,

My doc prescribed chantix...actually works for me very well on the physical symptons and while it costs about the same as chew monthly, I'd willingly pay double. It satisfies the brain's chemical need for dopamine fix while making the nicotine fairly undesirable. I had quit many many times over three decades and this was the easiest physically and I'm now at one month (my longest.) My quit is so much more about the psycological side of dipping than the physical and I find that to be the more difficult but at least the chantix allows me a better fighting chance. jim
You could do that and still be worrying about your physical addiction a month later (and who knows how much longer really), like Jim has chosen to do. Or, you could hold out for two more days, and be done with it completely.

Not sure about you, but the reason I quit involved ridding my life of addictive substances, not just transferring to another one.
"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline TootsiePopAddict

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »
Kelly,

My doc prescribed chantix...actually works for me very well on the physical symptons and while it costs about the same as chew monthly, I'd willingly pay double. It satisfies the brain's chemical need for dopamine fix while making the nicotine fairly undesirable. I had quit many many times over three decades and this was the easiest physically and I'm now at one month (my longest.) My quit is so much more about the psycological side of dipping than the physical and I find that to be the more difficult but at least the chantix allows me a better fighting chance. jim

Offline davidf517

• Quitter
  • Interests: reading, working out, fishing, camping, kids, sports, coaching
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »
kelly, focus on the fact that you are getting healthy and will live longer for your family AND you. you CAN do it. go run, scream, do anything but cave. IT DOES get better. Be proud of it. you WILL do it today and then post again and do it all over again tomorrow. PM me if you need a number to call or text for support.

davidf517

Offline kms

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »
Right now even chemo is looking good. I had no idea it would be like this. I posted roll so I'm sticking with it for today.
Kelly

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2010, 10:50:00 AM »
Quote from: Ready
I don't know how you guys did it!  I'm going crazy.  I have a horrible headache, tons of work to do, can't seem to focus,  I'm antsy  grumpy.  This is not going as planned!  I have my own fraud examination business with me as the only employee  I've got tons of data to analyze for a court date that is too soon - maybe I should have started after it was over. 

I thought about getting drugs but, since I'm a female who has been in hiding I don't want anybody to know.  We live in a small town where we know everybody  my father-in-law is also a dr. here.  Thought about seeing if I could get some online but, I'm not sure I trust those online drug companies.  Please tell me this will get better soon....
First of all. Go post roll. Don't think I didn't notice. That will take dip off the table for today and we can deal with the the withdrawls.

It will get better. Guaranteed.

Your quit has to be the number one priority in your life right now. Everything else will have to take care of itself. YES. This is that important.

What helped me... I considered myself completely useless for the first week. I had no expectation of accomplishing anything but staying quit. Anything I did accomplish was gravy.

You can do this.
Capt Kylos advised me that you pulled a fog post in January. I'll take that. You will get through the fog.

Offline Jeeper

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2010, 10:45:00 AM »
Drink plenty, I mean plenty of water. That really helped my headaches.

You can do this.
RIP - R.W.D June 15, 2010
RIP - Big Boy Nov 27, 2013

Quit Date: 5/18/2010
HOF Date: 8/25/2010
2nd Floor: 12/3/2010
3rd Floor: 3/13/2011
4th Floor: 6/21/2011
5th Floor: 9/29/2011
6th Floor: 1/7/2012
7th Floor: 4/16/2012
8th Floor: 7/25/2012
9th Floor:P 11/2/2012

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2010, 10:21:00 AM »
I don't know how you guys did it! I'm going crazy. I have a horrible headache, tons of work to do, can't seem to focus,  I'm antsy  grumpy. This is not going as planned! I have my own fraud examination business with me as the only employee  I've got tons of data to analyze for a court date that is too soon - maybe I should have started after it was over.

I thought about getting drugs but, since I'm a female who has been in hiding I don't want anybody to know. We live in a small town where we know everybody  my father-in-law is also a dr. here. Thought about seeing if I could get some online but, I'm not sure I trust those online drug companies. Please tell me this will get better soon....
First of all. Go post roll. Don't think I didn't notice. That will take dip off the table for today and we can deal with the the withdrawls.

It will get better. Guaranteed.

Your quit has to be the number one priority in your life right now. Everything else will have to take care of itself. YES. This is that important.

What helped me... I considered myself completely useless for the first week. I had no expectation of accomplishing anything but staying quit. Anything I did accomplish was gravy.

You can do this.

Offline Capt Kylos

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-11-28
  • Interests: 2nd Dan Black Belt ITF Taekwondo, Judo, Krav Maga,Jujitsu, fishing, single malt scotch and craft beer.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2010, 10:17:00 AM »
Hang in there it will get better quickly, I promise.....I'm not to far into this thing but I feel better than I have in three decades........I won't lie and say the first 4 days or so were pretty rough....but I figure radiation and chemo would be a lot rougher. PM me if you need a number and stay quit.
Kyle
Chew is for the weak, the ignorant, the stupid.....don't be stupid. Not stupid as of 11/28/10
Before you cave read this http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=4938
Acting with almost as much speed as cyanide, nicotine is well
established as one of the most toxic drugs known. In humans,
60mg (a drop) is a lethal dose, and death follows intake within a few minutes. Dr. Charles Ksir

Mouth cancer kills
one American every hour.

Stay Quit...it's life or death.....
Don't Cave