Offline DeezNutzz

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Scared
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »
Quote from: redtrain14
Way to go kms!

I promise you won't regret this.
Its tomorrow Morning KMS! I know what your going through. and thought I would just say ! YOU GOT THIS! keep that shit out you mouth today! You have a whole new family thats got back! Need a Number--Send me a PM!
I am the Foo that Mr. T Pittied

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 08:44:00 AM »
Way to go kms!

I promise you won't regret this.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »
It's gonna suck. But remember...you're not alone!!! If you just post that you're struggling, your inbox will fill up. Also, there are no shortcuts to quitting. Everybody on here has been through it. So just embrace the suck, and enjoy clean living.

Offline Seth

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 01:03:00 AM »
'You will not laugh. You will not cry. You will learn by the letter. We will teach you."

Sorry. Seeing the words 'drill seargant' made me think of Full Metal Jacket.

You are right on though. People around here have seen it all. You will not be able to pull the wool over anybody's eyes. But you also will be able to get from support from the only people who actually can understand what you will go through. It will suck, but it DOES get better. Much better. And fast.

If you're struggling, reach out. Hop into the chat room, get some numbers, people will give you the help you need. Because believe it or not, the vets need you and your word just as much as you need theirs.

I quit with Kelly today.
The product is worth the process.

Offline kms

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, lifting weights, & spending time with my 3 kids.
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 11:42:00 PM »
Done to both! I joined my quit group  think I did the roll call right. I also dug the can out of the trash  flushed it down the toilet. I had to laugh at that one because tonight I would be fine but tomorrow morning when everybody is still sleeping would be another story. God, you guys are good! You'd make good drill sgts. :D
Kelly

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 11:05:00 PM »
Quote from: kms
Thank you all for your comments  support. I thought about everything that was said  even cried a little. It's amazing how complete strangers can understand so well  care so much.

Although, my husband knows I hide it from him. I used my 14 year old daughter's bathroom so I could hide  dip. So, tonight I moved everything out of her bathroom  into our bathroom. I also let my daughter throw my full opened can in the trash since she said she has been wanting to do that for years. I will join my quit group first thing in the morning so that my day 1 will really be my first full day of no dipping.

I'm scared out of my mind but, I feel stronger knowing that I'm not alone anymore. I promise I will hold up  not let any of you down. I'm ready to be on the other end helping others save their lives like you have helped me save mine.
Congrats! But if I were you I'd post right now.

You made the decision today, therefore today is day 1.

And since you are now quit, withdrawal is gonna start soon. You may need to make the promise that roll call is to get you through the night.

Welcome to your quit.
"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
KMS,
If you did not open your can when you tossed it I would suggest going to get it, open it, flush it, wash the can out then throw it away.

Do not leave any trace around that you can get ahold of. We all know we have dug through the trash before. There is nothing to be scared of.

Check your inbox (1 )

I quit with you !!

Offline kms

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, lifting weights, & spending time with my 3 kids.
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 10:58:00 PM »
Thank you all for your comments  support. I thought about everything that was said  even cried a little. It's amazing how complete strangers can understand so well  care so much.

Although, my husband knows I hide it from him. I used my 14 year old daughter's bathroom so I could hide  dip. So, tonight I moved everything out of her bathroom  into our bathroom. I also let my daughter throw my full opened can in the trash since she said she has been wanting to do that for years. I will join my quit group first thing in the morning so that my day 1 will really be my first full day of no dipping.

I'm scared out of my mind but, I feel stronger knowing that I'm not alone anymore. I promise I will hold up  not let any of you down. I'm ready to be on the other end helping others save their lives like you have helped me save mine.
Kelly

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
You know whats scarier than quitting? dying

dipping doesn't help with eating disorders , and neither does nicotine.

There is no reason you need to gain weight when you quit dipping. Just don't replace chew with twinkies and slim jims and you oughtta be fine.

Kms, from my side of the fence imagining quitting isn't scary, imagining LOSING the freedom and health and sanity that my quit has given me FROM dipping is scary.

Dip isnt good for anything except keeping you addicted to dip. I will tell you first hand that if you choose to, you CAN quit, and its easier than you think.

What are you scared of?

come on in, the waters fine.

skoal monster 682
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 08:42:00 PM »
Quote from: kms
I am a female that has been dipping for 22 years. I started in college to quit an eating disorder. Now, here I am 22 years later dipping almost all day. I used to run marathons but, due to time I'm down to half marathons. I'm scared of gaining weight, I'm scared to quit,  I'm scared to not quit. I keep thinking that I need to get a plan together but, I can't seem to think straight because it's too scary imaging not dipping. Is there hope for me to take the next step  join a quit group? I have read through the posts  have amazing respect for all of you  will not join until I'm on my first quit day.
If you keep dipping you'll die a horrible death.
Let me say that again. If you keep dipping you'll die a horrible death.

You can do it. How do i know this? Because there are thousands on this site that have done it. Thousands that were just as scared, confused, and addicted as you.
Don't let this control your life anymore.
And as an FYI there are girls on this site too.
The hardest part is taking the first step. If you delay, then it wont happen. You will always have a million and one excuses why it isn't a good time to Quit. I will give you one reason to stop and it's how I started this post.
If you keep dipping you'll die a horrible death.

Feel free to PM me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Offline husky086

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »
Hi KMS-

I just want to echo some of the things the other guys on the board mentioned, namely: why wait to quit? There is never going to be a "good time" and if you are as hooked by the nicotine as I was, you'll find that there's always an excuse not to start your quit.

I've been clean for 9 days now. I also run. I understand the challenge of finding time to run during your day, but also the fear of what will happen to your body if you quit.

I think that you should turn it around and look at it from another perspective: what will happen if you DON'T quit.

Plus - think about nicotine and it's vascular constricting affects. I've already noticed a huge difference in my lung capacity and running abilities since I quit. It takes a while to get it all out of your system, but you will notice that when you do run, it's much easier.

PM any of us in the March group if you need support and, most importantly, jump into your quit now. What are you waiting for?
"Today is the only day that matters.? You promise to not use nicotine today. You focus on that and only that." - bigbamadan

"One day at a time. We can do anything for 24 hours." -rkymtnman

Quit since 5/4/17

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »
It's gonna suck. No way around that.

Drink the Kool Aid here and keep your word. Soon enough you will be kicking yourself for not quitting years ago. Yup, it's that great when you are no longer a slave.

Check your (Inbox 1) upper right corner of your screen.

P.S. 1043 days ago I was scared shitless to quit as well.

You can do this.

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »
Withdrawal ain't fun, but the fear of it is worse than in really is.
"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline chucklehead

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »
You've gotta realize that the risk of not quitting is greater than the risk of quitting. The challenge of realizing that is due to the consequence of quitting being immediate whereas the consequence of not quitting is later in life.

It sounds like you're trying to justify quitting. If so, you've gotta think about it with a long term approach.

But honestly, the easiest way to do it is to believe me when I tell you that after 2 weeks of quitting you will no longer be scared, you will be able to think about the quit much more logically.

If I'm wrong, what's the downside? Realize that you can't be sure, you don't have control, jump in with both feet, throw the can out now and quit.

Just do it. Think about it as being impetuous.
Quit Date: 10/25/2010
HOF Date: 2/1/2011
2nd Floor Date: 5/12/2011
3rd Floor Date: will be 8/20/2011

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
Couple of thoughts...

1) Quit now and join up!!! There is no reason to delay...it won't get any better just cause it is your birthday, Christmas, a Friday or whatever....quit now.

2) It will suck...but embrace the suck. The pain is your body healing from years of putting poison in your lip.

3) Substitute working out, seeds, mints, really anything for dipping. I guess you've seen the posts about gaining weight...it didn't happen for me, but I know it can. Anyway, I'd rather struggle with losing a few pounds than have my face destroyed by surgery to remove my jaw.

4) Get professional help on the eating disorders. I don't really know anything about eating disorders, but I know that they are serious.