Author Topic: Ready to quit for good  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
Re: Ready to quit for good
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 07:37:00 PM »
Quote from: wassinkk
Hello everyone,

I've been dipping for about 5 years on and off (started in college). I've tried quitting before and have gotten to about 3 months before my willpower gives out.

I am going through a bit of a scare with some throat symptoms and have an ENT visit next week to check it out. I've known the dangers from the start but have always had the "that'll never happen to me" attitude. I'm not sure what the results of my visit will be, but I am damn sure that I want to quit. I just hope and pray it's nothing serious.

This is the first time that I have been forced to step back and REALLY think about what I'm doing to my body and the risk I'm taking. I'm newly married. My wife and I have dreams. Dreams of traveling the world. Of having kids. Of living to see grandkids. And for the past 5 years I have been putting it all in extreme jeopardy.

I can't do it alone, I've tried. I need your help, accountability, and tough love over the next days, months, and years sticking to my commitment to quit. No excuses this time.

Wissink, you are wise beyond your years for quitting early.
Are you chew and nicotine free right now? First thing to do is post roll if you already haven't:
topic/10927055/72/#new
This is your daily (1st thing in the morning) promise to yourself and your brothers to not chew or use nicotine for 24hours. Then repeat.
Proud to quit with you, sending prayers and positive thoughts about your ENT appointment.
Quit hard brother,
ID Spuds

Offline wassinkk

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-31
  • Likes Given: 0
Ready to quit for good
« on: January 30, 2015, 07:22:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

I've been dipping for about 5 years on and off (started in college). I've tried quitting before and have gotten to about 3 months before my willpower gives out.

I am going through a bit of a scare with some throat symptoms and have an ENT visit next week to check it out. I've known the dangers from the start but have always had the "that'll never happen to me" attitude. I'm not sure what the results of my visit will be, but I am damn sure that I want to quit. I just hope and pray it's nothing serious.

This is the first time that I have been forced to step back and REALLY think about what I'm doing to my body and the risk I'm taking. I'm newly married. My wife and I have dreams. Dreams of traveling the world. Of having kids. Of living to see grandkids. And for the past 5 years I have been putting it all in extreme jeopardy.

I can't do it alone, I've tried. I need your help, accountability, and tough love over the next days, months, and years sticking to my commitment to quit. No excuses this time.