Author Topic: Reddit AMA - Live updating my quit as it goes  (Read 9228 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Reddit AMA - Live updating my quit as it goes
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2014, 01:55:00 AM »
Quote from: hawkeyerunner
Diesel2112, your attitude is exactly why I'm not coming here again. You managed to tick me off in one post, right after I said keeping calm is important right now.

What was the point in that? Are you here to help or be a troll?
Yeah dude, I'm a troll. I've been here for 855 days trolling people.

I'm actually trying to help you. Your ego just isn't allowing you to see it.

You're dogging this site and looking for every excuse to leave...YET you're still lurking. I think it's pretty obvious you see value in this place, you're just afraid fo admit it and buy in. Instead you have an alternate plan hatched that you know will be a soft landing if you fail.

Start posting roll. Try it for one month and see how it works.

I promise I won't say a word to you if you post roll.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Jubs

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, sports, food, music, and naps.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2014, 01:42:00 AM »
You're still doing it. You're either a troll, hungry for attention, or a drama queen. Or all 3. Just give it up, bud. I'm done wasting my time on you and I hope for the love of god Diesel is too.

Offline Jubs

• Quitter
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2014, 01:41:00 AM »
Diesel2112, your attitude is exactly why I'm not coming here again. You managed to tick me off in one post, right after I said keeping calm is important right now.

What was the point in saying "This will be the last you've heard from me", and then sticking around to see what people wrote? Stop with the drama, go to your other site and stop seeking attention from people here. Nobody feels bad for you and nobody here is gonna coddle your balls. There are people on here who actually need and want the help of these people.

You said your piece now just go.

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-04
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2014, 01:37:00 AM »

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2014, 01:28:00 AM »
I know I said I wasn't coming back here, but I figured I'd share my update - I haven't caved. Day #3 went awesome, between going to work and going to the gym I barely even noticed something was missing. I also joined a different quit website, but last night's experience really soured me from the whole online support thing anyway. Trolls are everywhere, and they're here too. Instead, I'm going to go old-school and rely on family and friends - people who actually know me.

I made an appointment with my state's Quit Line for some coaching sessions and info, apparently they've got a good record for helping people quit too. It was a very positive and motivational experience, a complete 180 from what dealing with you guys. (FkSkoal is rad though, I completely agreed with him on all the things he said.)

I kept tabs on this forum today and was really unimpressed. I was so angry last night that it was the closest I came to caving in. I use dip as a coping mechanism for when my emotions get out of check, so it's very important that I keep calm if I want to stay quit, particularly while I'm still new at quitting. I would be an idiot to expose myself to the garbage this site put me through last night.

Apparently I'm not the only person you guys have eaten alive, I feel bad for the guy with the trophy tin. I still have more than 500 empties I was storing up to build a beer-pong table out of or something like that. I can only imagine the reaction you guys would have to me keeping those around, even though I have no intention of actually keeping whatever I build out of them.

This will be the last you've heard from me.
I've never seen such a thin skinned pussy in my life.

Hey man, good luck with your quit. I hope your family and friends tell you exactly what you want to hear and you go the rest of your life without ever getting angry again.

I used the "quit line" here in Michigan. They are very positive. They also don't know dick about quitting chew.

Did you ever consider that rather than going "old school", where everybody knows and likes you, that maybe what you really need is to go new school where nobody knows you...YET. Maybe a little different perspective?

Nah...we're only 20,000 people going through the same shit as you. What do we know.

See ya, Sally

I'll bet money you'll be poking around here again. And you should.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline Jubs

• Quitter
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2014, 01:14:00 AM »
I know I said I wasn't coming back here, but I figured I'd share my update - I haven't caved. Day #3 went awesome, between going to work and going to the gym I barely even noticed something was missing. I also joined a different quit website, but last night's experience really soured me from the whole online support thing anyway. Trolls are everywhere, and they're here too. Instead, I'm going to go old-school and rely on family and friends - people who actually know me.

I made an appointment with my state's Quit Line for some coaching sessions and info, apparently they've got a good record for helping people quit too. It was a very positive and motivational experience, a complete 180 from what dealing with you guys. (FkSkoal is rad though, I completely agreed with him on all the things he said.)

I kept tabs on this forum today and was really unimpressed. I was so angry last night that it was the closest I came to caving in. I use dip as a coping mechanism for when my emotions get out of check, so it's very important that I keep calm if I want to stay quit, particularly while I'm still new at quitting. I would be an idiot to expose myself to the garbage this site put me through last night.

Apparently I'm not the only person you guys have eaten alive, I feel bad for the guy with the trophy tin. I still have more than 500 empties I was storing up to build a beer-pong table out of or something like that. I can only imagine the reaction you guys would have to me keeping those around, even though I have no intention of actually keeping whatever I build out of them.

We get it. The approach didn't work for you. And some people may have been over the top. But stop turning this into a soap opera. Deal with it, life goes on, stop crying foul. Maybe FkSkoal is right, but the way things work around here have helped me along with a shit ton of other people. They preach what has worked for them and so many others - if it's not for you that's cool, but stop whining.

I'm glad you found a quit aid you feel will benefit you. I wish you the best in your quit, brother.

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-04
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2014, 01:02:00 AM »

Offline Braves360

• Quitter
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2014, 08:50:00 PM »
Can anyone tell me if this guy caved? He hasn't updated his reddit whatever thing since 10/5

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »
I'd suggest we move the convo to FkSkoal's intro and off of the troll's intro. FkSkoal is a bad ass quitter, and this thread - to quote another bad ass quitter - is a fart in the wind.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2014, 06:06:00 PM »
Quote from: FkSkoal
Quote from: Diesel2112
Now if you some day just disappear, which I hope you do not. In the future I will rail against others who follow dippers on instagram.
Odd.
Therein lies the problem- understanding the difference between cause and correlation.

If I were to cave and disappear, how are you to assume that it was my following dipping accounts on IG which caused my cave? Correlation, perhaps. But cause?

Would you acknowledge the notion that there could be other variables in ones life that, shockingly enough, you are not privy to? This is the internet, after all.
Logic. Since you would be a fart in the wind I would be left to assume it would have been a factor. But...Since you were such a pussy and just bolted without a word there would be no way to know for sure. However, you bet your fucking ass if another guy came through here with the same story as yours, I would tell them about you.

I'm really not interested in arguing shit about you, that has not happened and I do not wish to happen.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »
Now if you some day just disappear, which I hope you do not. In the future I will rail against others who follow dippers on instagram.
Odd.
Therein lies the problem- understanding the difference between cause and correlation.

If I were to cave and disappear, how are you to assume that it was my following dipping accounts on IG which caused my cave? Correlation, perhaps. But cause?

Would you acknowledge the notion that there could be other variables in ones life that, shockingly enough, you are not privy to? This is the internet, after all.
Because he would be right.

If you fail now, your words will haunt you. It means that your logic in this quit was faulty. You left the door open and you weren't doing everything in your power to stay quit. While maybe not specifically the causation of this hypothetical failure, your posts tell me that you are simply quitting here beside us and not with us.

So, what I'm saying is, I don't care how you use the site to stay quit. Prove me wrong? Fine. Go for it. That means the site is working. Prove me right? Sad for you, but there is a wealth of knowledge here and statistics and examples that support why we can be so adamant about certain acts in a quit.

What it ultimately comes down to is that we come here to help us quit. Do you need help quitting?
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2014, 06:01:00 PM »
Odd.

I find the age differences here at the KTC cause issues. I am 45, and remember when there weren't video games, and TV had 3-4 channels. So posting pics of me dipping would be horrifying, why post a pic of me in an act of shame. Might as well be a pic of me punching the clown again 'winker' . Being serious, the generational gap gets swekked here - I don't need social media in my life to be a person - I have no idea what instergram even is, and my FB and Twitter accounts aren't even in my real name. I just liked Mafia Wars 4 years ago. Now you can see the egg rolls I cooked yesterday.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2014, 05:56:00 PM »
While I'm at it, let me take it a step further.

I saw one dude come on here a few weeks back- motivated, seeking support, accountability.

Made the mistake of mentioning that he wanted to keep his final (albeit, EMPTY) tin of Skoal as a trophy of sorts, presumably to commemorate a turning point in his life.

Man, you guys sure tore him a new one for that. Doubtful he ever came back. Who knows if he went back to dipping or not.

The fact remains, I find this site useful in primarily two areas: reading intros (well, only the ones not controversial enough for the ideologues to spew their bullshit), and posting fucking roll. Other than that, I see a lot of 1) people here quick to pass judgement, 2) wannabe psychologists, and 3) those who want to micromanage modes of being quit. Quite hypocritical for a bunch of guys who - allegedly - are looking to save lives and subvert dip culture.
Yeah well I've seen about 30 guys come on here with a trophy can, or a half empty can they keep for "comfort" disappear. They weren't run off either. They were full of shit when they said they were keeping the can around for "comfort". The proof is in the pudding. And if you see guys fail after doing this, wouldn't it be wise to advise against it? I mean if you read this dudes blog he says point blank that he's keeping the can so if and most likely when he caves (because most people fail their first time) that it will be better for him to only finish his can, as opposed to going to the store and buying a full can.

Do you not see the fault in that logic? I do and would be fool not to point it out. Are you familiar with the law of addiction? It takes only one PINCH to go from quit to full blown addict again. One pinch.

Say what you want about us or me and my ways. But I will says this...There is always a method to my madness. There is always a reason I sometimes use vinegar as opposed to honey. Sweet talk wouldn't have kept this guy around. Piss him off, get him to stay out of spite...thought maybe that would work. There were plenty of people "nice" to him. Did he stay for them? Nope he was going to leave regardless.

I'm not here to micromanage anyone's quit and I'm not a psychologist, but I am a quitter. I've been through a lot and have seen/read certain things that lead to failure and success. When I see the red flags of failure I will chime in every time. I won't always be snuggly wuggly about it but I will always do it because I always want to see that person quit.

Nicotine addiction is nasty. Probably the most underrated addiction on the planet. I do not wish it on my worst enemy. Anything I can do to help a person quit, I will do it. People dontike the way I do it...Too damn bad.

Quit on...
So what would you say to someone like me who is HoF bound with a 100% roll rating, but follows nearly 50 instagram accounts dedicated to dip and/or dip lifestyle?
I would say "good. stay quit man."

What would you say to quitter with almost 1200 days that still remembers what lead to his failure last time?
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline FkSkoal

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-31
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2014, 05:54:00 PM »
Odd.

Habits begin as cobwebs and end up as chains.
"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it." -Jordan Belfort

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2014, 05:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
While I'm at it, let me take it a step further.

I saw one dude come on here a few weeks back- motivated, seeking support, accountability.

Made the mistake of mentioning that he wanted to keep his final (albeit, EMPTY) tin of Skoal as a trophy of sorts, presumably to commemorate a turning point in his life.

Man, you guys sure tore him a new one for that. Doubtful he ever came back. Who knows if he went back to dipping or not.

The fact remains, I find this site useful in primarily two areas: reading intros (well, only the ones not controversial enough for the ideologues to spew their bullshit), and posting fucking roll. Other than that, I see a lot of 1) people here quick to pass judgement, 2) wannabe psychologists, and 3) those who want to micromanage modes of being quit. Quite hypocritical for a bunch of guys who - allegedly - are looking to save lives and subvert dip culture.
Yeah well I've seen about 30 guys come on here with a trophy can, or a half empty can they keep for "comfort" disappear. They weren't run off either. They were full of shit when they said they were keeping the can around for "comfort". The proof is in the pudding. And if you see guys fail after doing this, wouldn't it be wise to advise against it? I mean if you read this dudes blog he says point blank that he's keeping the can so if and most likely when he caves (because most people fail their first time) that it will be better for him to only finish his can, as opposed to going to the store and buying a full can.

Do you not see the fault in that logic? I do and would be fool not to point it out. Are you familiar with the law of addiction? It takes only one PINCH to go from quit to full blown addict again. One pinch.

Say what you want about us or me and my ways. But I will says this...There is always a method to my madness. There is always a reason I sometimes use vinegar as opposed to honey. Sweet talk wouldn't have kept this guy around. Piss him off, get him to stay out of spite...thought maybe that would work. There were plenty of people "nice" to him. Did he stay for them? Nope he was going to leave regardless.

I'm not here to micromanage anyone's quit and I'm not a psychologist, but I am a quitter. I've been through a lot and have seen/read certain things that lead to failure and success. When I see the red flags of failure I will chime in every time. I won't always be snuggly wuggly about it but I will always do it because I always want to see that person quit.

Nicotine addiction is nasty. Probably the most underrated addiction on the planet. I do not wish it on my worst enemy. Anything I can do to help a person quit, I will do it. People dontike the way I do it...Too damn bad.

Quit on...
So what would you say to someone like me who is HoF bound with a 100% roll rating, but follows nearly 50 instagram accounts dedicated to dip and/or dip lifestyle?
I would say "Why?".
Because in some weird, inexplicable way it motivates my quit... arguably in the same fashion that an empty trophy can might provide for someone else.
Whatever blows your hair back, I guess...I've never heard of that one but I have heard of dudes keeping a tin in the glove box of their car as "comfort" only to cave, lie about it, and get banned from the site.
Thus I highly warn against it.

Why do they post that stuff on there anyway? I dipped for 15 years. I never thought to take pics of myself doing it and brag about it, like it made me some tough guy. Odd.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18