Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 20369 times)

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
Day 18 - Daily Diary

Woke this morning no run today. However just finished my daily pullup challenge with my 11 year old. We alternate workouts but we complete one "blank" per day of the week to see how many consecutive days we can go without a rest in between repetitions. Today is Day 27 for that. One of these days he may figure out that I could give a damn about winning this, because as a father nothing feels better than seeing your son complete that many of anything and do it smiling. If only my father had figured out a way to make exercising fun for me; that may have saved me a few beatings by DIs.

My day yesterday ended with rescuing my wife from the side of the highway with a punctured sidewall in her tire. She called and I was about 10 minutes away. She managed to make it over to the shoulder and I pulled up behind her in my F350 and parked it liked I owned that section of shoulder.

I was lowering her vehicle back down when motorist assist pulled up to see if they could help. Knowing that these guys risk their lives everyday doing their job; I made it a point to say thank you for your help. Traffic was flying by at about 70 MPH in the lane immediately next to where I was.

I have to be honest there were a couple of times that I wanted to grab that handgun from the center counsel and fire off a couple of rounds to let people know they were too close and too fast. Luckily I kept that at bay and again no one was harmed in the making of this quit.

After taking her to get the damned tire fixed I decided that it was time for her to get a new car. Her previous car was a Dodge Grand Caravan, if any of you have ever owned one you would know that they are complete Pieces of Shit that would consume a quart of oil a week, and had a lifter knock noise that was a close kin to my Powerstroke Diesel. However, my diesel is big, cool and blows black smoke on command.

I wound up buying her a new car without her even knowing I was doing it. Test drove, haggled, completed paperwork and was home in an hour. Heck they even washed it before I was out of there. I did all of that without the Nic Bitch rearing her head.

The nest part was the "Finance Manager" (anyone ever notice that almost everyone at a Dealership is a "Manager") was talking to me and he happened to open a drawer and I saw a can of Cope. I then watched for the tell tale signs and sure enough he was a Ninja Dipper. I asked him if he ever stopped or had a interest in doing so. He took a while to answer and then said that yes actually he wanted to Quit but so far was unsuccessful. I guided him to here and I hope to see him soon. Then I also handed him a can of Chooch and a can of Teaza.

By no means do I consider myself an ambassador of quietness but it sure as hell makes me feel better about my quit when I can guide others future quitters. This Forum has been a gift to me and I want to let other know.

Well I better make this entry end because we are headed out for a 4 day weekend at the lake today. I get to take the kids out skiing and this time enjoy it without wondering if I spit from the boat will it wind up in their eyes.

This should be a great trip.

Semper Fi,

Pinched
You're owning this shit- keep at it every damn day! The best advice that I received on this site is to "keep your quit close" which I took to mean dont think you got this shit beat- remember you are quit every second of the day.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 08:37:00 AM »
Day 18 - Daily Diary

Woke this morning no run today. However just finished my daily pullup challenge with my 11 year old. We alternate workouts but we complete one "blank" per day of the week to see how many consecutive days we can go without a rest in between repetitions. Today is Day 27 for that. One of these days he may figure out that I could give a damn about winning this, because as a father nothing feels better than seeing your son complete that many of anything and do it smiling. If only my father had figured out a way to make exercising fun for me; that may have saved me a few beatings by DIs.

My day yesterday ended with rescuing my wife from the side of the highway with a punctured sidewall in her tire. She called and I was about 10 minutes away. She managed to make it over to the shoulder and I pulled up behind her in my F350 and parked it liked I owned that section of shoulder.

I was lowering her vehicle back down when motorist assist pulled up to see if they could help. Knowing that these guys risk their lives everyday doing their job; I made it a point to say thank you for your help. Traffic was flying by at about 70 MPH in the lane immediately next to where I was.

I have to be honest there were a couple of times that I wanted to grab that handgun from the center counsel and fire off a couple of rounds to let people know they were too close and too fast. Luckily I kept that at bay and again no one was harmed in the making of this quit.

After taking her to get the damned tire fixed I decided that it was time for her to get a new car. Her previous car was a Dodge Grand Caravan, if any of you have ever owned one you would know that they are complete Pieces of Shit that would consume a quart of oil a week, and had a lifter knock noise that was a close kin to my Powerstroke Diesel. However, my diesel is big, cool and blows black smoke on command.

I wound up buying her a new car without her even knowing I was doing it. Test drove, haggled, completed paperwork and was home in an hour. Heck they even washed it before I was out of there. I did all of that without the Nic Bitch rearing her head.

The nest part was the "Finance Manager" (anyone ever notice that almost everyone at a Dealership is a "Manager") was talking to me and he happened to open a drawer and I saw a can of Cope. I then watched for the tell tale signs and sure enough he was a Ninja Dipper. I asked him if he ever stopped or had a interest in doing so. He took a while to answer and then said that yes actually he wanted to Quit but so far was unsuccessful. I guided him to here and I hope to see him soon. Then I also handed him a can of Chooch and a can of Teaza.

By no means do I consider myself an ambassador of quietness but it sure as hell makes me feel better about my quit when I can guide others future quitters. This Forum has been a gift to me and I want to let other know.

Well I better make this entry end because we are headed out for a 4 day weekend at the lake today. I get to take the kids out skiing and this time enjoy it without wondering if I spit from the boat will it wind up in their eyes.

This should be a great trip.

Semper Fi,

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 01:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Keddy
My daily quit diary - Day 17

Day started as it normally does since quitting.  Put hand on nightstand to turn off nightstand.  Thrilled that again I didn't knock over a spit cup or a nasty pile of worm dirt sitting near alarm clock.  Lay there contemplating if I will run 7 or 12 miles.  Shuffle around in dark putting on running shorts and t-shirt; then looking for those headphones that I swear my 9YO daughter purposefully hides from me each day, because they stay in her ears better.

Stretch my legs, start up iPhone music, then run.  Amaze myself that when every other cars drives way too close that I don't pick up a rock and chuck it at their window in a fit of rage (Nic Nonsense as I have come to know it).  Then I smile because I know the me 15 years ago would have thrown my spit cup at that kind of asshole.  Then I laugh out loud because If I were stupid enough to carry a spit cup while running I would be just as stupid for starting that shit a long time ago.

Return from my run, did 12 miles today, and find my beautiful wife cooking breakfast.  God love her for sticking with a dumbass like me that put trash in between his cheek and gun for 2/3 of his life.  I think she actually likes me again now too since the quit.

Eat breakfast, kiss the kiddos goodbye; drive to work with a fresh can of Teaza (love this shit) and a pocketful of Dubble Bubble.  No coffee again because this Teaza stuff, works wonders.  I am alert, ready and smiling and most of all my breath doesn't smell like a trash can...anymore.

Post roll, poke some fun in the Wildcard section.  Bump into all sorts of interesting people in there and it distracts my head from the "QUIT".  Take my vitamins at 11:00 and ponder where I will be eating lunch.  Then squeeze my dog tags and tell myself I can quit another day.  Posting roll is great and helps but my sense of accountability is really steep when I promise to all my fallen brothers that I am quitting.

I thank all my Duck Fip, Jack Wagin, Tun Tavern and Word Post Brothers for helping me.  You jackasses complete me right now.
Good stuff there, bro!!
That's great stuff there... I am reading the words of a quitter.

Great post in the random thoughts forum too- you did something great and you didnt reward yourself with a wad of death!

Proud to be Quit with you brother.

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 01:28:00 PM »
Quote from: Keddy

Day started as it normally does since quitting.  Put hand on nightstand to turn off nightstand.  Thrilled that again I didn't knock over a spit cup or a nasty pile of worm dirt sitting near alarm clock.  Lay there contemplating if I will run 7 or 12 miles.  Shuffle around in dark putting on running shorts and t-shirt; then looking for those headphones that I swear my 9YO daughter purposefully hides from me each day, because they stay in her ears better.

Stretch my legs, start up iPhone music, then run.  Amaze myself that when every other cars drives way too close that I don't pick up a rock and chuck it at their window in a fit of rage (Nic Nonsense as I have come to know it).  Then I smile because I know the me 15 years ago would have thrown my spit cup at that kind of asshole.  Then I laugh out loud because If I were stupid enough to carry a spit cup while running I would be just as stupid for starting that shit a long time ago.

Return from my run, did 12 miles today, and find my beautiful wife cooking breakfast.  God love her for sticking with a dumbass like me that put trash in between his cheek and gun for 2/3 of his life.  I think she actually likes me again now too since the quit.

Eat breakfast, kiss the kiddos goodbye; drive to work with a fresh can of Teaza (love this shit) and a pocketful of Dubble Bubble.  No coffee again because this Teaza stuff, works wonders.  I am alert, ready and smiling and most of all my breath doesn't smell like a trash can...anymore.

Post roll, poke some fun in the Wildcard section.  Bump into all sorts of interesting people in there and it distracts my head from the "QUIT".  Take my vitamins at 11:00 and ponder where I will be eating lunch.  Then squeeze my dog tags and tell myself I can quit another day.  Posting roll is great and helps but my sense of accountability is really steep when I promise to all my fallen brothers that I am quitting.

I thank all my Duck Fip, Jack Wagin, Tun Tavern and Word Post Brothers for helping me.  You jackasses complete me right now.
Good stuff there, bro!!
Nice win!
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »

Day started as it normally does since quitting. Put hand on nightstand to turn off nightstand. Thrilled that again I didn't knock over a spit cup or a nasty pile of worm dirt sitting near alarm clock. Lay there contemplating if I will run 7 or 12 miles. Shuffle around in dark putting on running shorts and t-shirt; then looking for those headphones that I swear my 9YO daughter purposefully hides from me each day, because they stay in her ears better.

Stretch my legs, start up iPhone music, then run. Amaze myself that when every other cars drives way too close that I don't pick up a rock and chuck it at their window in a fit of rage (Nic Nonsense as I have come to know it). Then I smile because I know the me 15 years ago would have thrown my spit cup at that kind of asshole. Then I laugh out loud because If I were stupid enough to carry a spit cup while running I would be just as stupid for starting that shit a long time ago.

Return from my run, did 12 miles today, and find my beautiful wife cooking breakfast. God love her for sticking with a dumbass like me that put trash in between his cheek and gun for 2/3 of his life. I think she actually likes me again now too since the quit.

Eat breakfast, kiss the kiddos goodbye; drive to work with a fresh can of Teaza (love this shit) and a pocketful of Dubble Bubble. No coffee again because this Teaza stuff, works wonders. I am alert, ready and smiling and most of all my breath doesn't smell like a trash can...anymore.

Post roll, poke some fun in the Wildcard section. Bump into all sorts of interesting people in there and it distracts my head from the "QUIT". Take my vitamins at 11:00 and ponder where I will be eating lunch. Then squeeze my dog tags and tell myself I can quit another day. Posting roll is great and helps but my sense of accountability is really steep when I promise to all my fallen brothers that I am quitting.

I thank all my Duck Fip, Jack Wagin, Tun Tavern and Word Post Brothers for helping me. You jackasses complete me right now.
Good stuff there, bro!!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »

Day started as it normally does since quitting. Put hand on nightstand to turn off nightstand. Thrilled that again I didn't knock over a spit cup or a nasty pile of worm dirt sitting near alarm clock. Lay there contemplating if I will run 7 or 12 miles. Shuffle around in dark putting on running shorts and t-shirt; then looking for those headphones that I swear my 9YO daughter purposefully hides from me each day, because they stay in her ears better.

Stretch my legs, start up iPhone music, then run. Amaze myself that when every other cars drives way too close that I don't pick up a rock and chuck it at their window in a fit of rage (Nic Nonsense as I have come to know it). Then I smile because I know the me 15 years ago would have thrown my spit cup at that kind of asshole. Then I laugh out loud because If I were stupid enough to carry a spit cup while running I would be just as stupid for starting that shit a long time ago.

Return from my run, did 12 miles today, and find my beautiful wife cooking breakfast. God love her for sticking with a dumbass like me that put trash in between his cheek and gun for 2/3 of his life. I think she actually likes me again now too since the quit.

Eat breakfast, kiss the kiddos goodbye; drive to work with a fresh can of Teaza (love this shit) and a pocketful of Dubble Bubble. No coffee again because this Teaza stuff, works wonders. I am alert, ready and smiling and most of all my breath doesn't smell like a trash can...anymore.

Post roll, poke some fun in the Wildcard section. Bump into all sorts of interesting people in there and it distracts my head from the "QUIT". Take my vitamins at 11:00 and ponder where I will be eating lunch. Then squeeze my dog tags and tell myself I can quit another day. Posting roll is great and helps but my sense of accountability is really steep when I promise to all my fallen brothers that I am quitting.

I thank all my Duck Fip, Jack Wagin, Tun Tavern and Word Post Brothers for helping me. You jackasses complete me right now.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 12:39:00 PM »
Over two weeks have come and gone since my quit. Each day brings a new challenge, typically from somewhere out in left field. I let the Nic bitch run my life for 24 years or two thirds of my life.

I didn't realize before now that I was addicted in many ways. I quit because I wanted to quit. Years of other telling or asking me didn't mean a damned thing to me. Then on 7/15/13 I woke up and decided that I was a quitter. Since then I have faced some daemons and had to distract my own fabled brain.

I have quit and although there are days where the cravings and the fog suck, I can't help but remind myself of the real hard times I have faced in my life. Weather that was witnessing a loved one's life expire preteen, burying a best friend at the age of 16, or holding many a soldier as they gasp their last breath of air, seeing innocent civilians be used as arms carriages in foreign countries, watching women used as minions or watching one of my children be in pain, etc. There are several ways I can say that I have seen pain.

This quitting shit sucks I am not going to lie to anyone about that. However, yeah I do feel better every GD day and because of that and the promise of a better life there is no way that bitch is coming back into my life.

The main reason for my quit is that I have made up my mind and I am a stubborn prick; admittedly. Plus after years of doing this I don't want either of my boys or my princess of a daughter to let a habit like this shape their lives. Someone in their lives has to lead by example and from what I see they damn sure aren't gonna find an example as a professional athlete, political figure or a multitude of other roles. Role models are not what they once were, so damn it I better step up and help be one for them.

Plus let's be honest, the not dipping through a can and a half a day at $4.35 plus tax totals up to a about a $2,400 bonus. That is new tires and wheels for my truck, a new ring for my beautiful wife, a down payment for a car for one of my kids, one year of private school, a family vacation, a new long range rifle to play with.

As you can see I can see a good many things that help in the making of this quit. However, the most compelling is that I have never backed down from a fight and this bitch better be ready to lose because there is now stop in the making of this QUIT!

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 670
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 07:38:00 AM »
Thanks all, I just found the location to post roll. At least I think I put it in the right way.

Today was a good t free day so far, no one has been injured in the beginning of this quit; that even includes sitting in traffic behind an accident. I am looking forward to being absolutely dip free.

My daughter may have nudged me but I truly am the one behind the quit. I have never backed down from a fight physically and I certainly am not going to let some chemical control me either.

Thanks for all the messages and replies,

Corey
hay man one more thing. post up roll as erly in the day as you can. rememember its a promiss not a statis up date.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 10:34:00 PM »
Welcome. The best piece of advice I can give you is to read as much as you can on this site (you'll realize how much you have in common with everyone else) and post roll everyday. Quiting is tough. But it's something we are all doing. One day at a time. You promise you won't dip today....keep your promise....then wake up and make the same promise. Lots of people ready to support you in a big way if you are feeling weak. Good luck!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
Thanks all, I just found the location to post roll. At least I think I put it in the right way.

Today was a good t free day so far, no one has been injured in the beginning of this quit; that even includes sitting in traffic behind an accident. I am looking forward to being absolutely dip free.

My daughter may have nudged me but I truly am the one behind the quit. I have never backed down from a fight physically and I certainly am not going to let some chemical control me either.

Thanks for all the messages and replies,

Corey

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 06:22:00 PM »
Post up friend. 'Popcorn'

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 03:46:00 PM »
Hey Corey. Welcome aboard the KTC quit train. Now that you have posted up here in the intro, lets get this party started. The first thing to do is take a look at the Welcome Center in the upper left hand of this page. Open it and start reading some of the information, especially the thread and video on how to post Roll. That is the first thing we do every day...it is our promise to ourselves and the members in our Quit group that we will not use nicotine this day. We don't worry about tomorrow until it gets here, hence the motto One Day At A Time. (ODAAT) Now, since today is actually the 2nd day of your quit, you will need to go to the October 2013 Quit group and post your name followed by the number of days you are quit. Simple. Posting roll can be a little exasperating at first, but dont worry about it if you screw it up a little. The important part is that you post Roll first thing each day. Now, check the top right of this page and you will see your inbox. Open it and you will see a message from me. It has my telephone number. Call me and I will be glad to answer any questions you have.
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Syndrome
ok corey man so you need to check out that pink 'welcome center' link up top and reed up bout postin roll. under stand why we do it. lern how to do it. then head on over to that october 13 groop and post up your name and number. its that simpel. only it aint eezy. but thats ok. cuz theres lots a guys what done it afore. and lots a guys rote bout it in there intros. reed those. and reed those hof speechs to. man the next week is gonna suck but im here to tell you it gets better. then it gets a littel worse some days. but then it gets way better. like nekkid in a room full of hot very bi cureus nekkid chicks is better then givin gramma a spunge bath.
Find this man's intro thread and read it- he knows the quit.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »
Quote from: Matt
The cool thing is all the hunting, scouting, coaching, and other fun stuff you do will seem way better when you're nicotine free. That's a promise (I know it's hard to believe but ask around)..
...and all those things are better with a lower jaw and tounge.

Offline Matt F

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »
The cool thing is all the hunting, scouting, coaching, and other fun stuff you do will seem way better when you're nicotine free. That's a promise (I know it's hard to believe but ask around)..