Author Topic: Quitting now  (Read 2075 times)

Offline BuckNuts14

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Quitting now
« on: February 05, 2014, 12:55:00 AM »
Hey, I'm John and have decided to finally quit dip. Havent been doing it for long, i got pressured into it last year in the spring so I am just coming up on a year. Finally fed up with hiding it from my family and girlfriend. Last summer, i was able to get through withdrawal and a good friend came into town and i broke and bought a can starting the latest bout of dipping. Since then i have been through withdrawal probably a hundred times and have come to realize that the physical aspect of quitting is not the hardest part for me.

Anyways, a little about me. I was a collegiate swimmer and just recently completed four years with a top ten program. Something I am very proud of because at the start i never imagined being able to be a college athlete let alone completing four years of it. In my free time, the little I had of it, I enjoyed spending time with my family which i did not get to do as much as liked. I have a great relationship with my father and think he would be crushed to find out that I dip. He is definitely the definition of a handy-man and I love helping him out on projects and learning how to do all of it. It has ranged from house renovations to the basic yard work and working on cars and motorcycles. I love riding motorcycles, stemming from the influence of my dad and just about anything hands on will capture my interest. I am a Chemistry major, always being called a nerd, and love absolutely everything about it. I have future plans of going into the food industry for flavor chemistry and product development but am not opposed to heading in a different direction. I have aspirations to get a masters degree and eventually a doctorate. I enjoy doing the physical work of many "disgusting" jobs mostly because people dont believe i can get my hands dirty, its a job many people frown upon and dont want to do and because it is actually a great form of exercise. There is not much else to tell about me and am looking forward to being clean of dip from here on out.