Author Topic: Resurrection  (Read 5073 times)

Offline WillyDale

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-07-11
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: My new journey!
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2021, 01:15:42 PM »
I don't know if Dale will come back to see this but each quitter only gets one intro so I merged your old one with the one you just created.

The timing of your quit in the July 14, 2018 post doesn't quite jive with the dates you mentioned yesterday. But like copequits said, it would be a great idea to come post EDD here and protect that quit.

I started using nicotine patches on June 10,2018. I used my last patch on July 11, 2018. I haven't had any nicotine added to my body since July 11,2018. I see how that post could make things confusing.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4420
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 08:56:04 AM »
I don't know if Dale will come back to see this but each quitter only gets one intro so I merged your old one with the one you just created.

The timing of your quit in the July 14, 2018 post doesn't quite jive with the dates you mentioned yesterday. But like copequits said, it would be a great idea to come post EDD here and protect that quit.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 08:59:13 AM by MNxEngineer »
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 | Comma 3x: 07.11.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline copequits

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: July 9th, 2018
  • Likes Given: 5639
Re: Resurrection
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2021, 06:21:46 AM »
I joined in June 2018, officially had my last chew on July 11, 2018. Bought my first home two months later, lost my Dad on January 15, 2019 and have helped a co-worker quit smoking. Here I am approaching my three year anniversary and I haven't looked back. I can say that I go through life now with jeans that don't have a skoal ring, spit bottles sitting around and money wasted poisoning myself. I can visit with people that are chewing and it doesn't temp me in the slightest. My youngest child has no memories of me ever doing that nasty crap. Life is good and I wish all of you the best!

Hey @WillyDale its great to hear from you again!  Come on back over to the October 18 group and post roll with us.  Everyone would be happy to know you’re doing good.  Here is a link to The October Rawkstars https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=49.msg8597326#msg8597326

Edit: based on the ssoa you are 1052 days quit today!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 06:25:52 AM by copequits »

Offline WillyDale

• Quitter
Resurrection
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 10:53:53 PM »
I joined in June 2018, officially had my last chew on July 11, 2018. Bought my first home two months later, lost my Dad on January 15, 2019 and have helped a co-worker quit smoking. Here I am approaching my three year anniversary and I haven't looked back. I can say that I go through life now with jeans that don't have a skoal ring, spit bottles sitting around and money wasted poisoning myself. I can visit with people that are chewing and it doesn't temp me in the slightest. My youngest child has no memories of me ever doing that nasty crap. Life is good and I wish all of you the best!

Offline WillyDale

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 07:10:00 PM »
Well, it's been over a month since I quit dipping and a week since I used my last patch and I know I have won this battle. I still have the occasional craving but the withdrawal symptoms are mostly gone and I think slowly reducing my nicotine intake every week with the patches helped a lot. I never realized in the past just how horrible this addiction was, this is a drug addiction and not a bad habit as most people call it. It's amazing how much better I feel, my heart rhythm is stable now, my breathing is easier and I don't get tired as easy at work anymore. I still have a couple hurdles to cross but their is no turning back, i'm just looking ahead and enjoying my new lease on life!

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 09:54:00 AM »
IÂ’m one of the guys that tried quitting with gum. I thought exactly the same as you. If I had it to go over again, IÂ’d go cold turkey. YouÂ’re just stringing out the withdrawals.

Quit with us.

Offline WillyDale

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 09:42:00 AM »
It honestly took me until now to figure out how to respond to your comments. I know the patch is just another form of nicotine but that is the purpose of them, to help you slowly quit. Cold turkey is not gonna be my course of action here, I have been there, tried that and I'm not trying that again. I appreciate the group here and look forward to chatting with everyone.

Offline BubbaM

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 07:53:00 PM »
Willy I am 33 and I quit cold turkey 101 days ago. There is not magic pill, there is no magic button. You need to quit any form of nicotine. PM me if you want support. I will lend a hand. My phone number is a PM away.

Offline Samrs

• GUD BOI!
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Just freaking post roll, OK?
  • Quit Date: 10 Jan 2017
  • Interests: Writing, gaming (computer, tabletop, board and card), SF/Fantasy, hapkido.
  • Likes Given: 1561
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 03:20:00 PM »
Willy - cold turkey is the only way to quit. With the patch, gum, whatever, you're just changing the delivery method of your favorite drug. We've got guys here who chewed, dipped, smoked, vaped, snused and at least one guy I know of used pouches filled with nicotine salts.

All just different delivery methods for the same poison.

By cutting down, cutting back, you're just stringing out the symptoms of withdrawal from nicotine. I've seen too many stories of someone coming off the patch or using gum who ended up with in increased tolerance and a bigger habit than they had before. Hell - I'm one of those folks. Tried to "quit" with nicotine gum many years ago. I ended up saying, "Screw it, the gum's too expensive" and went back to dipping... and saw my usage increase to two cans a day.

I'd like to encourage you to toss the patch and quit with us. This link explains how KTC works - Here's How You Quit... Ball Is In Your Court Now.

Your next step would be to get on over to the September quit group and post roll. That's the basis of quitting here at KTC. Roll is our way of promising each other that we will not have nicotine for the day. Our system is pretty simple. Wake up, post roll, and keep your word for the day. Then, the next day, do it all over again. There's even a video on Posting Roll on KTC Kill the Can to help you get started.

I'm not going to lie to you. Quitting may be simple - just don't use nicotine - but it's also one of the hardest things I've ever done. You can read up on the site about What To Expect When You Quit Dipping and Symptoms of Quitting Dip and Chew. Doing it alone is close to impossible. Thousands of people here can tell you, though, that quitting together with other people was what made the difference for them and allowed them to succeed.

That's what you're getting, really, when you quit here. A support system that is like no other you will find anywhere else. We've all been through it - the shame, the frustration, the humiliation, the stress and triggers and anger and depression - so we know what it's like, and we're here to help you get past all that and take back your life.

Yeah, it's tough. There's not one person on this site who regrets quitting, though. It's absolutely worth it for your health, your life, and your freedom.
"We have so much experience here in lying to ourselves and others, that it takes a strong voice to snap ourselves out of it... Be thankful that all these people are willing to be invested in you saving your life." -- drstober
"You're playing a game of chicken with a dead plant in a plastic can. If you cave you lost to a dead plant." -- Candoit
"The answer isn't more numbers. The answer is build relationships." -- Broccoli-saurus
"ok. now groop hug." -- 'drome
"The rule is WUPP (Wake Up Piss Post) regardless of time or zone, unless you are in the Phantom Zone.  In that case, hit up Jor-El and he can get you on roll." -- S412
My Intro - The Weight of Days - Mall Walking - Workin' it off in the Excercise Group

Offline WillyDale

• Quitter
Resurrection
« on: June 16, 2018, 12:38:00 PM »
I am 32 years old and decided on 6-10-18 it was time to kick the habit for good! My dad has dipped all of his life and I followed suit behind him when I turned 18. My first child was born 9 years ago and I started procrastinating to myself that I was gonna quit, when my wife and I found out she was pregnant. Fast forward nine years and my fourth and last child was born Sept 13,2017 and the thought of quitting was still in the back of my mind. Along the way my dad has had numerous heart issues that required open heart surgery. I wasn't dumb and knew that tobacco was a big contributor. The last year or so the desire to quit really picked up, mostly due to the lingering fear of getting mouth cancer or having other issues develop from the crap I was putting in my mouth. Then the smokeless tobacco commercials started, every time one came on my girls would look at me and say "Daddy,you need to quit!" My selfishness ignored them at first but I knew they were right. Well, last Sunday morning I woke up and decided it was time! I drove to Wal-Mart and bought some Nicotine patches. Sunday wasn't bad, I did have three dips that day, then Monday I had one and nothing since then. So far, I my biggest issue has just been getting over the thought of needing a dip to accomplish regular tasks at work or after eating. My habit was so bad that I had to have a dip right after brushing my teeth in the morning and as close as possible before going to bed. It's definitely hard to quit something you enjoyed doing but I feel like the time is now or never. I am in my 30's and I am a big believer in the fact that the 30's is the last stage of your life that your body can fully heal itself from something as damaging as smoking or dipping. I see guy's here are quitting cold turkey and my hats off to you, cause that has to be an extremely hard accomplishment! Even with the patch, I find it really hard at times to stay on the right course. I am finding ways to quickly offset the desires though. Just sitting here typing this, the strong desire for a dip that I had has gone away. I know I will be successful in my journey, I just gotta put in the time and get my mind and body to stop wanting that nasty stuff. Thanks for having me!