Author Topic: Quitting while dip is starting me in the face!  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Vinnie712

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-29
  • Interests: Flying, hunting, fishing, lifting weights
  • Likes Given: 0
Quitting while dip is starting me in the face!
« on: May 09, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »
'Finger'

April 29th, 2014 at 7:00am marks the last clump of worm dirt I will ever finger out of my mouth. A little over 10 years I have carried around a can in my back pocket. As many of you have probably experienced, quitting while in the military is not an easy task. There is something about long and frequent time spent away from home, with a close knit group of guys, who all pass their free time by sitting around drinking beer, swapping manly stories, and hanging a fatty. After discovering this site, 10 days after my decision to kick tobacco in the ass, I realized that I probably picked the most inopportune time to quit. Days 3-5 of this new journey I was in the field with guys shooting pistols, assault rifles, and machine guns. Call it irony if you want, but for me, pulling a trigger is an extreme trigger for me to want to throw in a fat dip. The cravings were REAL. Surprisingly, after being ridiculed and turning down countless tobacco offerings, I survived this past weekend. In the past I have mentioned wanting to quit, cuing my fiancé to try and hide all of my stashes. Without truly wanting to quit all this resulted in was blacking out and turning into the angry-hulk-tobacco monster. Okay, maybe not blacking out but it did cause me and my loved one's worst arguments. However, I feel this time is different. I quit on my own. I told no one I was doing so because this is for me. Most friends and family have figured it out and are now encouraging me to continue facing this challenge. For me, the time to quit is here and I will be posting about my experiences on this site.

Time since last dip: 10d 2h 39m