Author Topic: Trying to Kill the bear!  (Read 2694 times)

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Trying to Kill the bear!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 02:56:00 PM »
Remember... you are in control of this quit. YOU!

You make all the decisions here... not the bitch.

Take a perverse pleasure in how nasty this is. It's the price of healing and freedom and it's very worth it! Rewiring takes some reworking... riding a crave out requires extra effort. Physical activity is top on my list. Do something! The more effort you put into the fight now... the stronger your quit down the road. You have lots of tools here on KTC... people and knowledge. Take advantage of both. Rock on bro...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 02:45:00 PM »
If you read through other peoples intros you will notice that the cravings fade in time but they never seem to just plain go away.

When I was a newbie to the site I heard the words "it get's better" or other items and thought they were complete Bullshit. However, I have learned that in fact many of them were right and it has gotten better.

My cravings subsided a ton after about two weeks. Then they slowly got further and further apart.

My advice is find something to do when you get a craving. I do burpees and then place an atomic fireball into my mouth. Find what works for you.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 233
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »
I found this to be pretty accurate (give a few days here or there). The craves continue on and pop up from time to time and will forever, but the severity reduces greatly, your toolbox grows and your ability to resist grows. Bottom line is build your network of accountability. Make your group and some guys folks you know, and you will have a much harder time breaking your word. It is a web of accountability.

Always remember, you only have to promise to be quit today, keep that promise and repeat tomorrow.

http://www.killthecan.org/your-quit/wha ... t-dipping/

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 02:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Pit
@jayd41,thank you for commenting. I am serious about quitting,but when do the cravings let up? 'bang head' I feel like I cannot concentrate on anything.
Unfortunately i cannot give you an exact time frame...what i can tell you is that i'm on day 9 and yeah i still have pretty consistent craves but the fogginess has subsided a little. I would say that your body might still be kicking the nicotine out of your system which means you are on the very tail end of the hard part. you got it man...
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Pit Viper

• Quitter
  • Interests: DrawingPaintingFamily & FriendsRiding my motorcycle
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 02:17:00 PM »
@jayd41,thank you for commenting. I am serious about quitting,but when do the cravings let up? 'bang head' I feel like I cannot concentrate on anything.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 02:16:00 PM »
Hello all. I'm on day four of my quit,and today I am not feeling well. Is this normal? I've got a headache,a craving that will not go away ,and I am VERY frustrated. Please comment. Oh and for some reason I cannot post Roll Call from my phone,can someone help? 'help'  :(
I posted roll for you PitViper. You have to stay quit all day now! You are in the middle of the crap right now. Things get better but you have to trudge through a huge pile of shit for awhile till you see the good stuff for yourself. See you tomorrow.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 02:12:00 PM »
you are going through the suck, or the fog...the headache and feeling like shit is normal but it will go away. You know what doesn't go away? Cancer! Just take a breath, go get some fireballs and you'll get through it. You are serious about your quit or you wouldn't have reached out.
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Pit Viper

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 02:09:00 PM »
Hello all. I'm on day four of my quit,and today I am not feeling well. Is this normal? I've got a headache,a craving that will not go away ,and I am VERY frustrated. Please comment. Oh and for some reason I cannot post Roll Call from my phone,can someone help? 'help' :(

Offline Emulator

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 08:51:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
Thanks guys for the welcome. Hardest damn thing I've done in a long time,but I'm thankful I found this site. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Thanks again. I will do my roll call in the AM
I kill a bear by pulling back the bolt, inserting a shell, twisting and pushing bolt forward, gently resting butt against shoulder, bringing the scope up to my eye, taking a shallow breath in and then gently squeezing (not pulling) the trigger when the crosshairs are right in the center of the vitals; luckily for you posting roll is much easier than dragging that bear back out of the woods though!

1 - quit for you and you alone, let everyone enjoy the luxury of your being around longer

2 - post roll daily here's How to Post Roll post with your quit group Pre HOF July 2014

3 - meet fellow quitters and exchange phone numbers, this will become more valuable to you than anything else

4 - get family buy in and support, here is one helpful document Spousal Support

5 - read the stories here

6 - focus on today only, never tomorrow, or in a week or anytime but today

7 - find an alternative and have that alternative with you at all times (fake dip, candy, lots of water)

P.S. The above underlined and Bold words are links to other places on this site (all safe).

P
Welcome pv. ODAAT NAFAR
ODAAT NAFAR QFL

D-Day 1/1/14
HOF 4/10/2014
2nd Floor July 19, 2014
3rd Floor October 27, 2014

My HoF Speech: http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10229741/1/#new
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000243565739

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 08:34:00 AM »
Thanks guys for the welcome. Hardest damn thing I've done in a long time,but I'm thankful I found this site. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Thanks again. I will do my roll call in the AM
I kill a bear by pulling back the bolt, inserting a shell, twisting and pushing bolt forward, gently resting butt against shoulder, bringing the scope up to my eye, taking a shallow breath in and then gently squeezing (not pulling) the trigger when the crosshairs are right in the center of the vitals; luckily for you posting roll is much easier than dragging that bear back out of the woods though!

1 - quit for you and you alone, let everyone enjoy the luxury of your being around longer

2 - post roll daily here's How to Post Roll post with your quit group Pre HOF July 2014

3 - meet fellow quitters and exchange phone numbers, this will become more valuable to you than anything else

4 - get family buy in and support, here is one helpful document Spousal Support

5 - read the stories here

6 - focus on today only, never tomorrow, or in a week or anytime but today

7 - find an alternative and have that alternative with you at all times (fake dip, candy, lots of water)

P.S. The above underlined and Bold words are links to other places on this site (all safe).

P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 07:10:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Winter
Alright Pit Viper, way to get your quit going. It is very possible to stay quit. We all have been through what your going through. You have found the right place man. Just dont use incotine in any form, and you will remain quit.
Hey. Make sure you go to the July 2014 quit group and post roll. You have to do that every day. That is the key.
Posting roll is one of the biggest ways to stay quit. Stay true to your word when you promise to not use nicotine today. Do it for yourself. Your quit can't be for anyone but you. If you need any support/encouragement: you'll find it from pretty much anyone on these boards. Welcome. Proud to quit with you today.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 05:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Winter
Alright Pit Viper, way to get your quit going. It is very possible to stay quit. We all have been through what your going through. You have found the right place man. Just dont use incotine in any form, and you will remain quit.
Hey. Make sure you go to the July 2014 quit group and post roll. You have to do that every day. That is the key.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 04:20:00 AM »
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline Pit Viper

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 01:44:00 AM »

Offline slinger

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and two sons, sports, hunting, fishing, and quitting.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 01:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Ok Guys and Gals, I've been rubbing snuff for about 18 years now. I've decided after MANY failed attempts that I'm going to kick its ass this time. I'm working on my 4th day of freedom right , having some trouble concentrating, feeling foggy. Can anybdy explain to me,or help me post on Roll Call? And help me get signed up for everything?

Thanks in advance,
                                                                    Pit Viper (Greg Mayes)
Welcome aboard Viper. Click on the welcome center above and read about posting roll, it is the backbone of our quitting. Quit one day at a time, we all can do that.
Welcome Pit. This is the place to be if you're serious about your quit. PM me if you need a number or anything.
We are what we repeatedly do. ~ Aristotle

Quit or get off the pot, Sally. ~ Diesel2112

The way I see it, you can either post roll daily or fuck off. ~ jost2brown

Bam! Right in the ass! ~ MonsterEMT

Quit Date: 3/4/14
HOF Date: 6/11/14
2nd Floor: 9/19/14
HOF Speech