Author Topic: quit date 9/26  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: quit date 9/26
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »
Hate it when we're right...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 11:59:00 PM »
Posted roll yesterday...haven't seen you post today. Come on bro!!!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 07:01:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Justin, you will hear a lot of harsh talk here. We are and have experienced the pain of our addiction and truly want to give everyone the best chance to live a nicotine free life. Diesel says he is a pussy that is so far from the truth he grew a set of balls in quitting. We see dozens of people come and join us in quitting each month they have no idea what they are in for. They post roll, throw the tough talk of quit out and post everyday for a few days and miss one, then by the end of the first or second week they disappear. They became victims to miscalculation of the strength of their addiction. Sometimes pissing a person off to make their determination helps. Don't become complacent. Get pissed, I mean really pissed at the control you have given up over the years of addiction. You are and always will be that addict but you don't have to surrender your control. I've owned control of my life the past 179 days and damn proud of it!! Now kick ass and enjoy control TODAY! I quit with you.
You responded to my PM and are now obligated, to me and everyone else who has replied to your thread, to show yourself you are quit. You quit for you and we support you.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
Justin, you will hear a lot of harsh talk here. We are and have experienced the pain of our addiction and truly want to give everyone the best chance to live a nicotine free life. Diesel says he is a pussy that is so far from the truth he grew a set of balls in quitting. We see dozens of people come and join us in quitting each month they have no idea what they are in for. They post roll, throw the tough talk of quit out and post everyday for a few days and miss one, then by the end of the first or second week they disappear. They became victims to miscalculation of the strength of their addiction. Sometimes pissing a person off to make their determination helps. Don't become complacent. Get pissed, I mean really pissed at the control you have given up over the years of addiction. You are and always will be that addict but you don't have to surrender your control. I've owned control of my life the past 179 days and damn proud of it!! Now kick ass and enjoy control TODAY! I quit with you.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
Perhaps Im a little late to this thread but my .02 is that Im with Diesel. Your initial comments give me reason to be concerned. They have a tone of "Im gonna TRY..." not a tone of "I AM quit...". Quittin aint easy my brother...and thats a fact. This site is called "Extreme" for a reason...we call it like we see it around here. Unfortunately, I have seen a whole lot of men (and I use the term losely here) that couldnt handle that type of brutal honesty. They get their feelings hurt and leave...I think its just an excuse though. Once you get past getting your feelings hurt you will find that there is not a single member here that wouldnt gladly "talk you off the ledge" at 3am if you needed it. Believe it or not these pricks really care and want you to be successful. Talk is cheap around here...action is respected.

Advice:

1) Get mad at Big Tobacco and refuse to be its bitch ever again!
2) Find a reason to want to leave this addiction behind. It has to be primarily for YOURSELF, but look at your wife and/or children and ask yourself if they would be better off without you.
3) Read this entire site TWICE. Learn about your (our shared) addiction. and then see: 1
4) Drink the Kool Aide. This means believe in the system...it works!
5) Post roll EVERY SINGLE DAY. make it the most important part of your day.
6) Get involved and participate in the various parts of this site...piss someone off, call people names that disagree with you, be EXTREME.

MOA

Offline punisher322

• Quitter
  • Interests: September 23nd was day one and for life!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »
It is very hard!!! I quit once already (or should I say stopped for a few years). Now I could sit here and pitch out a shit load of excuses to why I started back up but in all reality It's because I'm dependant on it. Well not anymore!!!! Its not worth it and its not where I wanna be. My wife tells me how surprised she is that I even chewed. She knows how strong of a person I am and how my will and determination never backs down. I disappointed her but more importantly myself. I hid it from her for a while but then she found the can....lol...that was an interesting conversation let me tell ya. Well, to sum this up I QUIT!!!! NOT STOP, QUIT!!! I'll help you quit! If you have any questions please don't hesitate. I quit with you!!! You should know ahead of time these guys on here will set it straight, their not nice about it and will jump your ass big time. Trust me, I've already heard it from a few. Well, that's why I'm here, as much as I didn't want to admit it, I really needed it and it woke me up to my B.S. excuses. Thanks by the way "Waste"....Again, any questions please don't hesitate. Once you post roll call though, your in it for the day. Don't cave on us! Its your promise to us but yourself as well.

punisher322 - Day 4
"Si Vis Pacem Para bellum"

Offline Tanawei

• Quitter
  • Interests: Jesus, Guitars and Modelo (with salt and lime)
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 10:53:00 AM »
Most of us thought the same way about our lives revolving around dip. In hindsight, we do glamorize our habit. They was really nothing positive at all about our habit with the exception of the feelings we received from our chemical dependence. And that "positive" was going to eventually kill or disfigure us.

Instead of focusing on the loss, see the life free from dependence. I hear people say it is the nic bitch, but it is really you. Your mental strength versus your bodies dependence.

Stay in control. Defeat the crave of the moment. Don't think about yesterday and dont worry about tomorrow. Focus on now.

Quitting with you. Stay strong!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
Quote from: justin250
Thanks guys I appreciated it. Today is my 1st day and I just posted in roll call with my new quit group. I am looking forward to the challenge. I want to do this more than anything, I have to, I am sick of it, I am a little nervous tho, everythig I did revolved around dip so its gonna be hard.
No BS. IT WILL BE HARD!!! But you can do it!!!! If a pussy like me can do it, anybody can. You just have to grind through the tough times and use this site to help you do that. Also, get it out of your mind that you will miss it. That was my biggest problem when I first quit. Kept thinking I missed it so much and would not be able to function without it. I was scared shitless...even left the sight for a couple weeks because I was such a scared pussy. BUT...I never caved and am thankful I endured all the bullshit. Because in all honesty, quitting that shit has been the best thing I have ever done in my life, outside of marrying my wife and having kids. That's no bullshit.

Stay strong bro!!!!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline justin250

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »
Thanks guys I appreciated it. Today is my 1st day and I just posted in roll call with my new quit group. I am looking forward to the challenge. I want to do this more than anything, I have to, I am sick of it, I am a little nervous tho, everythig I did revolved around dip so its gonna be hard.

Offline stump33

• Quitter
  • Interests: Keep my HAND out for those that need it!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 08:50:00 AM »
Justin we all are different, I quit out of normal procedure.I quit when i first went to this site. I had a mouth full of Grizzly. while reading i went and flushed it down the toilet signed up and quit. lets face it really what did I have to gain? I am 79 years old and had over a case of griz on hand and money to buy more if I wished, every one said flush all my stash, I said I would sell it in time but my desire was to prove I could quit with it on hand after 30 days my wife returned to SAMS and got my money and spent it! I have faith in you and am here any time you need me just pm me and i will shoot you some numbers, it is not a easy thing to do, some say it will be out of your system in two or three days, it may well be but that nic bitch will not leave you for a long time I am at 62 days and have not experienced one day with out the crave I know it will come in time but it is a tough fight, just know any one can use that shit but only the strong and special can say no and mean it!!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 12:27:00 AM »
Wow Diesel, those are some pretty harsh words and a bit misconstrued. First of all I am not "glamorizing" anything. I simply was stating its going to be a huge life change for me and I am gonna quit. And the fact of the matter is we all enjoyed it at one time or another, I just regret ever doing it and getting hooked. I am the type that when I put my mind to something I do it. I chose to do it this way because that will work best for me. And to call someone a dousche bag that you don't even know is pretty damn hypocritical. Sounds like your a bitter dude. The first thing I read on this site is a thread for people who haven't yet quit but would like to. I believe the quote I read is, "the best time to quit is now. Throw that can away, etc. Barring that , until you make the move for yourself, we ask you respect our quitters on the site, and don't post in the quit groups or wild card section." WHICH I DIDN'T. It then goes on to say that doesn't' mean you have to leave. Feel free to post in the Introduction areas to make some connections and introduce yourself whcih I did. Then it says when you are ready, and want to post day 1, find your quit group and post up. It will be a day you never forget. And that's what I intend to to do tomorrow. So I guess your understanding of the protocol for the site is a little off too , maybe you ougt to go back and read up on that. I was simply introducing myself and my situation, you don't even know me so for you to sit there and tell me to grow a pair and I'm a dousche bag is way out of line bro. It's aweful easy and cowardly to name call and ridicule someone behind a computer screen. So I will do what I intend to do and joing a quit group first thing in the morning. And I will succeed, and I know how hard it is and never thought it would be easy. Thanks for your time.
You don't walk into an AA meeting and tell everyone you're going home to have your last drink, you'll be back in the morning to quit with everyone.

The main reason I was a little harsh is because I think you know you should not have that last dip tonight as you even say so at the beggining and say you hope y.ou don't offend anyone at the end. It's almost like you know you're doing it wrong but are trying to justiy why.

I still don't get how your going to reflect on a dip free future with a dip in. That's how I reasoned you are glorifying it.

Bottom line is none of that shit matters. I WANT you to quit. If I offended you by saying you were being kind of a d bag I'm sorry. I'm behind you 100% if you're serious about quitting. My road to hof sucked and I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy. Just reading you're intro I have some doubts.

To quote my favorite band Rush, "Show me don't tell me".

You need any help along the way I'm here for you day or night.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline justin250

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 11:56:00 PM »
Wow Diesel, those are some pretty harsh words and a bit misconstrued. First of all I am not "glamorizing" anything. I simply was stating its going to be a huge life change for me and I am gonna quit. And the fact of the matter is we all enjoyed it at one time or another, I just regret ever doing it and getting hooked. I am the type that when I put my mind to something I do it. I chose to do it this way because that will work best for me. And to call someone a dousche bag that you don't even know is pretty damn hypocritical. Sounds like your a bitter dude. The first thing I read on this site is a thread for people who haven't yet quit but would like to. I believe the quote I read is, "the best time to quit is now. Throw that can away, etc. Barring that , until you make the move for yourself, we ask you respect our quitters on the site, and don't post in the quit groups or wild card section." WHICH I DIDN'T. It then goes on to say that doesn't' mean you have to leave. Feel free to post in the Introduction areas to make some connections and introduce yourself whcih I did. Then it says when you are ready, and want to post day 1, find your quit group and post up. It will be a day you never forget. And that's what I intend to to do tomorrow. So I guess your understanding of the protocol for the site is a little off too , maybe you ougt to go back and read up on that. I was simply introducing myself and my situation, you don't even know me so for you to sit there and tell me to grow a pair and I'm a dousche bag is way out of line bro. It's aweful easy and cowardly to name call and ridicule someone behind a computer screen. So I will do what I intend to do and joing a quit group first thing in the morning. And I will succeed, and I know how hard it is and never thought it would be easy. Thanks for your time.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »
I'm with diesel I'll be surprised if your here next week. Prove me wrong and pm me if you'd like my help! You can do this but right up front it is a lot harder than you can first imagine. 1 day at a time!
Hate your addiction!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »
You haven't offended me by doing it this way but you have by telling us about it. You even say you know the common theme is to quit NOW. Yet you go on to describe this last "glorious" good bye dip where you will reflect on the future without dip??? How is that evrn possible to reflect on the future??? Im calling bullshit on that claim. Your gonna throw in that dip and reflect on the glorious past you have had with dip. You're glamourizing the shit. Thats very dangerous and makes early part of quit very tough. I know from experience.

Why not just come on here tomorrow and say "had my last dip last night and I'm ready to quit..." Or better yet grow a pair and flush that last pinch, you know that is protocall on this site. Not sure why you chose to come on here and lay all this out in such a way. You looking for our "blessing" for your final dip tonight and you start your quit tomorrow? Personally I wont give you one and think you're kind of being a douche bag. Not trying to be a Dick here, just calling it how I see it.

However if you truly are serious about quitting (I have my doubts), I am here to support you along the way. Feel free to pm me anytime.

Best of luck.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline bis-cut

• Quitter
  • Interests: USMCWood workautomech.classic cars
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Hi all, I have been reading this website for a couple weeks now and am ready to quit dipping.  I know the common theme among the users on here is quit now.  I have chosen to pick my date, I have 1 pinch left and am going to pack one last dip tonight.  I am ready to quit.  I feel the best way for me to do that is have my last one and reflect on a future without dip, I am basically saying by to it forever. It has been such a big part of my life as I have been dipping 2 cans a day since I was 18 years old, I am now 33.  The reason why I have chosen to do it this way is it's closure for me.  For the first time, I really want to quit and I know I need support and help from people both on these forums and my loved ones.  I am looking forward to a dip free life.  It has consumed me for far too long.  I still remember watching Manny Ramirez playing for the Cleveland Indians and hitting a walk off homerun with a huge dip in.  That was when I decided to try it, being a ball player and avid baseball fan myself.  Everything I did revolved around dipping.  I love lifting weights and part of that was my post workout dip.  Everytime I took a ride in the car I needed a dip.  Everytime I took a shower I had to have a dip.  I hope I haven't offended anyone by choosing to do it this way.  Fact is I am going to miss it but I am done, I am determined, and I hope you all will help me.  Thanks.
Well - I too came out of high school on the baseball diamond and getting away to college is when I began, that was 23+ years ago, when something snapped in my head this past June and I quit.

So, you have looked thoughout the site. Have your last good bye then get rid of it, bury it into your past (if not symbolically bury it in your back yard), and get ready for a wild ride, where you will have 3 days of suck, then the mind games begin.

you need anything shoot me a pm, but just remember to post your word and then keep it. It does wonders when you do this one day at a time.
welcome, post roll in the morning, keep your word, then repeat.

i quit with you
"Today I will behave like the person I want to become." - said by My Wife

Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. Philippians 4:13

Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. Outlaw Josey Wales

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. - Dolly Parton

A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life.
James Allen