Author Topic: quit date 9/26  (Read 1647 times)

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: quit date 9/26
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 10:09:00 PM »
Quote from: justin250
Hi all, I have been reading this website for a couple weeks now and am ready to quit dipping. I know the common theme among the users on here is quit now. I have chosen to pick my date, I have 1 pinch left and am going to pack one last dip tonight. I am ready to quit. I feel the best way for me to do that is have my last one and reflect on a future without dip, I am basically saying by to it forever. It has been such a big part of my life as I have been dipping 2 cans a day since I was 18 years old, I am now 33. The reason why I have chosen to do it this way is it's closure for me. For the first time, I really want to quit and I know I need support and help from people both on these forums and my loved ones. I am looking forward to a dip free life. It has consumed me for far too long. I still remember watching Manny Ramirez playing for the Cleveland Indians and hitting a walk off homerun with a huge dip in. That was when I decided to try it, being a ball player and avid baseball fan myself. Everything I did revolved around dipping. I love lifting weights and part of that was my post workout dip. Everytime I took a ride in the car I needed a dip. Everytime I took a shower I had to have a dip. I hope I haven't offended anyone by choosing to do it this way. Fact is I am going to miss it but I am done, I am determined, and I hope you all will help me. Thanks.
Well - I too came out of high school on the baseball diamond and getting away to college is when I began, that was 23+ years ago, when something snapped in my head this past June and I quit.

So, you have looked thoughout the site. Have your last good bye then get rid of it, bury it into your past (if not symbolically bury it in your back yard), and get ready for a wild ride, where you will have 3 days of suck, then the mind games begin.

you need anything shoot me a pm, but just remember to post your word and then keep it. It does wonders when you do this one day at a time.

Offline justin250

• Likes Given: 0
quit date 9/26
« on: September 25, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
Hi all, I have been reading this website for a couple weeks now and am ready to quit dipping. I know the common theme among the users on here is quit now. I have chosen to pick my date, I have 1 pinch left and am going to pack one last dip tonight. I am ready to quit. I feel the best way for me to do that is have my last one and reflect on a future without dip, I am basically saying by to it forever. It has been such a big part of my life as I have been dipping 2 cans a day since I was 18 years old, I am now 33. The reason why I have chosen to do it this way is it's closure for me. For the first time, I really want to quit and I know I need support and help from people both on these forums and my loved ones. I am looking forward to a dip free life. It has consumed me for far too long. I still remember watching Manny Ramirez playing for the Cleveland Indians and hitting a walk off homerun with a huge dip in. That was when I decided to try it, being a ball player and avid baseball fan myself. Everything I did revolved around dipping. I love lifting weights and part of that was my post workout dip. Everytime I took a ride in the car I needed a dip. Everytime I took a shower I had to have a dip. I hope I haven't offended anyone by choosing to do it this way. Fact is I am going to miss it but I am done, I am determined, and I hope you all will help me. Thanks.