Author Topic: NozzleHead Introduction  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: NozzleHead Introduction
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2014, 06:50:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Ron_Cross
Quote from: 30yrAddict
to have the opportunity to quit at 21 and to walk away....

I guess he wasn't "ready". I guess he has to spend a few more years wondering if those lumps are cancer.

Probably get married within 5 years... Instead of fully enjoying the day he is going to be looking for excuses to slip away to feed his addiction. A lipper and a tux. Good times.

Honeymoon cruise? Excuse me hon.. I have to go somewhere.....

When the kids come he will only be able to play catch 10 minutes at a time, "excuse me, son, daddys gotta go somewhere".... Trips to go on vacation? He'll be grumpy the whole car ride going through nicotine withdrawal.. probably have to stop at a rest area for a 10 minute "shit" every hour or so... Wife looking at him with disgust....

An entire lifetime stolen away by withdrawal. It's a shame he has chosen this path.... I wish I had all the time that I threw away on this stupid addiction back... but I made my choices. He apparently has made his as well.

Course if he is really unlucky he will have that visit to the doctor... you know the one that gets a phone call home a couple of days later... "Mr Nozzle, please contact us as soon as you get this, we need to set up an appointment..."

Let the good times roll. Pack that lip, it's all good.
That is some cold hard truth telling right there. Every word cuts deep to the bone. I wish he would return and read it. Damn.
No shit! Every word was a jab in this old farts heart. I waited till I started repeating the same bullshit excuses with the grandkids. My decision is renewed every day, I QUIT!!!!
Nail on the head.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2014, 12:48:00 AM »
Quote from: Ron_Cross

I guess he wasn't "ready". I guess he has to spend a few more years wondering if those lumps are cancer.

Probably get married within 5 years... Instead of fully enjoying the day he is going to be looking for excuses to slip away to feed his addiction. A lipper and a tux. Good times.

When the kids come he will only be able to play catch 10 minutes at a time, "excuse me, son, daddys gotta go somewhere".... Trips to go on vacation? He'll be grumpy the whole car ride going through nicotine withdrawal.. probably have to stop at a rest area for a 10 minute "shit" every hour or so... Wife looking at him with disgust....

An entire lifetime stolen away by withdrawal. It's a shame he has chosen this path.... I wish I had all the time that I threw away on this stupid addiction back... but I made my choices. He apparently has made his as well.

Course if he is really unlucky he will have that visit to the doctor... you know the one that gets a phone call home a couple of days later... "Mr Nozzle, please contact us as soon as you get this, we need to set up an appointment..."

That is some cold hard truth telling right there. Every word cuts deep to the bone. I wish he would return and read it. Damn.
No shit! Every word was a jab in this old farts heart. I waited till I started repeating the same bullshit excuses with the grandkids. My decision is renewed every day, I QUIT!!!!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 11:25:00 PM »

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 07:39:00 PM »

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 07:22:00 PM »
Nozzle and I had texted a few times after Raider pointed him my way. Unfortunately, I've texted him 5 times today and he's read each one without a single reply (being that we both have iPhones and he has read receipts turned on).

It's a damn shame. I thought he would stick around. It certainly wasn't from a lack of effort on the part of the people here.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-20
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 05:29:00 PM »
Well damn. I was all excited to see another brother firefighter on here. Where the fuck are you nozzle?
You're Quit, Not Cured. KTC will help remind you of the difference.

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Smeds
Nozzle ... MIA yesterday, no post today (as of yet). Multiple texts not answered. WTF?
Quote from: Nozzlehead
I KNOW that I can quit, and remain quit. Because I am stronger than the can!
Stronger than the can for 13 days, not 14? Not looking good for this one. Sucks, I had high hopes! Prove me wrong Dylan ... get your ass back in here!
FUCK THAT.

I'm never going back to a day 1.... NEVER. 13 days... so close to freedom except he never chose to be free.

PS... I hope he was out fighting fires and not upping his chance for cancer.
I'm hoping the same 30 ... (I don't even like typing HOPE)!
Noooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzlllllllllllllllllllllllllllleee, where are you?

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »
Nozzle ... MIA yesterday, no post today (as of yet). Multiple texts not answered. WTF?
Stronger than the can for 13 days, not 14? Not looking good for this one. Sucks, I had high hopes! Prove me wrong Dylan ... get your ass back in here!
FUCK THAT.

I'm never going back to a day 1.... NEVER. 13 days... so close to freedom except he never chose to be free.

I'm hoping the same 30 ... (I don't even like typing HOPE)!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 08:52:00 AM »
FUCK THAT.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 08:47:00 AM »

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 11:19:00 PM »
One thing that I have learned is that none of us are unique or special. We all have the same basic story. I read so many things in your story and can totally relate to it. Glad you are here now.

We post roll here everyday it is the single most important thing we do here. When you post roll you make a promise to yourself and to us that you will not use nicotine for today only. We wake tomorrow good lord willing and repeat.

You should check into the welcome center and read read read do the ground work to keep your quit a priority.

PM me if you need anything.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 09:49:00 PM »
Quote from: NozzleHead
The best part is the support..I don't know any of you guys..not your real names, your faces... But I feel like I owe this quit to y'all just as much as i do to myself... You all are going to be my backbone when I can't find mine. Thanks guys. All of y'all. I quit with you all today
That part took me awhile too.
Bunch 'o' strange Internet dudes?... Weird. Ghey, even!

But... You won't find anyone else who knows you better than we do. We know what you're gonna feel and think and go through... And that matters. Open yourself up ~ get involved ~ stay involved. Freedom is here and it's yours for the taking.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »
Quote from: NozzleHead
The best part is the support..I don't know any of you guys..not your real names, your faces... But I feel like I owe this quit to y'all just as much as i do to myself... You all are going to be my backbone when I can't find mine. Thanks guys. All of y'all. I quit with you all today
Keep it up Nozz ... glad to get your digits bro! Jump into December with both feet, and find some brothers with the same mentality and FIGHT! This is your quit, own it. You've got this, even when the fog gets bad ... keep posting roll, keep leaning on your bros!

Offline NozzleHead

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-28
  • Interests: Spending time with the wife and my dogs. Fire and Rescue.
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 03:04:00 PM »
Honor, Respect, Devotion

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »
Keep reading KTC NozzleHead. All the knowledge you need to quit nicotine is here. It will be a rollercoaster of suck and ok for a while, but it gets so much better. The KTC plan works. Learn the plan; then live the plan. PM me if you need anything.