Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 4486 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Introduction
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »
Hang tough David, Day 4 can be rough as well, but I promise it will get better. Don't worry about tomorrow, just focus on today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »
Quote from: david.m
Day 4.

Thank you to all the supporters and fellow-quitters who have helped me get this far. It's been clutch.

It's so pathetic to me - to see myself excited about having not done something for (only) 3 days in a row - and thanking people who I couldn't have done it without. It just magnifies how powerful the nicotine addiction is.

"They" say that the nicotine is out of your body in 72 hours, but I'm still feeling that skin crawling, blood boiling, painful craving. Could just be psychological. But feels physical.

Definitely in the "fog" I've read about. I was 100% unproductive yesterday. Didn't get to work until 11am; sat in my office and poured over KTC site for 2 hours. Then I watched 4 hours of TV. I just can't get my mind around anything. Every time I think of working - especially the research/study, writing, design parts (anything that involves me being by myself and having to focus on a task) - my mouth starts watering and the crave rises up. Ugh!

[I'm going to use this thread as a log of my quit. Really, for my own sake - to track my progress and keep me accountable. But I also welcome those who can relate to chime in - and hopefully, as my journey continues, my observations will help others - as I have also been helped.]

Ok. Gotta go to work. There's TV to watch.

David,
You will feel that craving sensation for longer than the 72 hours. It actually got worse for me after the 72 hours. When those cravings come find a physical activity to do. I did burpees or pushups no matter where I was when I got them (store, work, home, anywhere). Also drinks lots of water, if you can manage to pass a restroom and not have to piss...drink more.

The mental side is the toughest aspect as it take time for your brain to rewire itself. This is a lifestyle change like losing weight. Sure anyone can lose weight within a dedicated timeframe if the try but keeping it off is where the dedication comes in.

If you have not yet read the Kern story or the Sean Marsee story I recommend them. Also there is a Spousal support section that is great for family support and education. You need family support but quit for you and let them enjoy more years with a dad and husband.

If you have trouble navigating anything of or need a quitter to lean on send me a PM, I am here and willing to be a pillar in quit with you.

P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline david.m

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-20
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 09:59:00 AM »
Day 4.

Thank you to all the supporters and fellow-quitters who have helped me get this far. It's been clutch.

It's so pathetic to me - to see myself excited about having not done something for (only) 3 days in a row - and thanking people who I couldn't have done it without. It just magnifies how powerful the nicotine addiction is.

"They" say that the nicotine is out of your body in 72 hours, but I'm still feeling that skin crawling, blood boiling, painful craving. Could just be psychological. But feels physical.

Definitely in the "fog" I've read about. I was 100% unproductive yesterday. Didn't get to work until 11am; sat in my office and poured over KTC site for 2 hours. Then I watched 4 hours of TV. I just can't get my mind around anything. Every time I think of working - especially the research/study, writing, design parts (anything that involves me being by myself and having to focus on a task) - my mouth starts watering and the crave rises up. Ugh!

[I'm going to use this thread as a log of my quit. Really, for my own sake - to track my progress and keep me accountable. But I also welcome those who can relate to chime in - and hopefully, as my journey continues, my observations will help others - as I have also been helped.]

Ok. Gotta go to work. There's TV to watch.
If you settle for nothing now, you'll settle for nothing later.
If you don't take action now, you won't take action later.

07.20.2014 - quit day
07.21.2014 - one day
10.28.2014 - H.O.F
02.05.2015 - 2nd Floor
05.16.2015 - 3rd Floor
07.20.2015 - one year
08.24.2015 - 4th Floor

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
This is real simple David, follow the KTC plan and you will not and cannot fail. Seems silly right, but its true. Post roll promising to not use nicotine for 24 hours. Wake up and repeat. If you are a man of your word then the system will never fail you. If my dumb ass can do this, you certainly can. Welcome to the Asylum and listen to the advice you get here.
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 09:14:00 PM »
This site will save your life. That is a side benefit.... Because it will also help you get your life back. One day at a time you are regaining a freedom that you don't even know you lost. Life is so much better without the shackles of nicotine around your ankles. You are really going to love the new you. One day at a time.

Welcome aboard.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 01:42:00 PM »
Great choice to quit David! Glad you found KTC. Read everything here. Start with the welcome center and keep reading. All the knowledge you need is right here. Learn the KTC quit plan and live it. The plan works. PM me if you have any questions or need a #. You can do this!

Offline david.m

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-20
Introduction
« on: July 23, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
Introductions...

My name is David. I quit on Sunday, July 20 at 1:55pm. I looked at the clock as I took out my lipty and thought... "mark it."

I peaked (sunk) at 3-4 cans per week before the quit. One can could usually last me 2 days. Usually.

Skoal Mint Long Cut.

Started with baseball. Then for focus while working. Then for calming nerves. Then just because I was awake.

I had smoked cigarettes for 10 years - before quitting that on August 5, 2012. And now this is the last to go.

I'm quitting for my family - and for my sense of life's purpose.  I don't want to burden my family with a struggle that could've been avoided if I had just been more disciplined - and I don't want to "go out" as a result of some addiction that beat me.  

I hate the enslaving power of nicotine. I look forward to being free from it.

I'm on Day 3 right now (it's actually coming up on 72 hours right now). It's a struggle. It's painful. Etc. Etc. But I'm really glad I found this site. It's been extremely helpful so far. And I hope to be a help to others when I'm on the other side.
If you settle for nothing now, you'll settle for nothing later.
If you don't take action now, you won't take action later.

07.20.2014 - quit day
07.21.2014 - one day
10.28.2014 - H.O.F
02.05.2015 - 2nd Floor
05.16.2015 - 3rd Floor
07.20.2015 - one year
08.24.2015 - 4th Floor