Author Topic: This is it!  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Smith686

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/15/16
  • Interests: I'm a Mechanical Engineer. I've been happily married for 14+ years to my college-rival sweetheart. We have two beautiful children, a son (6) and a daughter (3). And we have two fun loving English Springer Spaniels that the whole family adores.I have way t
  • Likes Given: 3
This is it!
« on: March 10, 2016, 10:43:00 PM »
How do I begin?... I'm a total P.O.S.! How's that for an into?
I'm in my mid 30's and have been a closet dipper since I was 18 yrs old. My best "friend" introduced me in high school. It was only an occasional thing, then nothing for a while. Then I discovered it helped calmed my nerves in college. The thought of chewing disgusted me, and I didn't want anyone to know "I" did it. I despised those who chewed, yet I was/am doing it. So I became a closet chewer. Fast forward... I've been married for 10+ years and to this day my wife, kids, and family still don't know. I told myself "I'll quit once we're married", "I'll quit once the first kid is born", "I'll quit when I'm 30", "I'll quit when 2nd kid is born", yatta yatta yatta.
I just can't take it anymore! All I've been able to thing about for 16 yrs is "when will I be alone so I can get a dip in?" It's totally wrong and I OWE my family my time with them! NOT DIPPING!
I've had a couple scares in the past year of sensitivity and odd sensations in my mouth / throat. They've came and went and I've passed it off as nothing. I FINALLY scheduled a doctors appointment for next week to admit my sins, get checked out, and face the music. My wife and family are still clueless. I will be beside myself if the results are for the worst. Regardless of that, I have to come clean with her, but I don't know how... This sucks guys! I need your support because you're all I've got.
1st floor: 6/22/16     2nd floor: 9/30/16   3rd floor: 1/8/17
4th floor: 4/18/17      5th floor: 7/27/17   6th floor: 11/4/17
7th floor: 2/12/18      8th floor: 5/23/18.  9th floor: 8/31/18
10th floor: 12/9/18   11th floor: 3/19/19 12th floor: 6/27/19