Author Topic: Intro  (Read 2102 times)

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Intro
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 05:55:00 PM »
Quote from: Greeley
Guess I'm the new guy... I thought this site was a little over the top when I first visited it last night (can't seem to sleep for some reason! Ha ha) but I find that I keep coming back to it. So I might as well jump in...
I have chewed since around 2007. It started out slow but it snowballed quickly. For the past year or so I have been chewing at least a can a day (cope wintergreen long cut) with no real breaks. I have tried to quit before but it never lasted more than a few days. So here I am on day 3, trying to keep it going. My quit day was July 5th... no special reason, and no planning. Just cold turkey.
I want to be healthier and I'm sick of having this disgusting habit.
That's pretty much it. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Roll call. Now. It's where you promise all of us that you won't use nic today. You will be in October group, which means you will hit 100 days of freedom from nicotine in October 2014. Here is the group: topic/10359552/44/?x=35#new

Go there now. Post "Greeley - Day 3"

That's like shaking our hand and giving your word as a man that no matter what happens today, you ain't ingesting nicotine.

Get up in the morning and post Day 4.

Keep repeating.

Go post right now. No reason to delay. Get that promise on the table and let us hold you accountable.

Offline Greeley

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-05
  • Likes Given: 0
Intro
« on: July 07, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »
Guess I'm the new guy... I thought this site was a little over the top when I first visited it last night (can't seem to sleep for some reason! Ha ha) but I find that I keep coming back to it. So I might as well jump in...
I have chewed since around 2007. It started out slow but it snowballed quickly. For the past year or so I have been chewing at least a can a day (cope wintergreen long cut) with no real breaks. I have tried to quit before but it never lasted more than a few days. So here I am on day 3, trying to keep it going. My quit day was July 5th... no special reason, and no planning. Just cold turkey.
I want to be healthier and I'm sick of having this disgusting habit.
That's pretty much it. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.