Author Topic: Ready to Quit  (Read 5349 times)

Offline Drewdrew

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 2017-07-23
  • Interests: Yes, ma'am. I've killed Doyle Hargraves with a lawnmower blade. Yes, ma'am, I'm right sure of it. I hit him two good whacks in the head with it. That second one just plum near cut his head in two... It's a lil' ol' white house on the corner of Vine Street and some other street.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ready to Quit
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2016, 06:16:00 PM »
Quote from: suthern_gntlman
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: DWEIRICK
4th floor quit congratulations!!!
Hey boo, congrats on the 4th floor!
Congratulations with your little fine self! Welcome to the 4th floor!
The 4th floor!! WooHoo!! Congrats!
Congrats ashtray
Quit: 7-23-17 at 8:30am.....after a cave

Offline suthern_gntlman

• Quitter
  • Interests: Church, Family, Movies and Books!
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2016, 04:04:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
The 4th floor!! WooHoo!! Congrats!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2016, 03:30:00 PM »
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2097
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2016, 03:45:00 AM »
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline DWEIRICK

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Volunteer Firefighter/EMT - Conductor/Engineer for Lycoming Valley Railroad - Shooting guns, Fishing and time with my family!
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2016, 12:38:00 AM »

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2016, 09:52:00 PM »
Quote from: CavMan83
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: tjschu
Quote from: Stranger999
Quote from: AshleyLynn
I went back and read the PM, 2 days before you came back. You were in mental pain......wanted to quit but were afraid of failing....... Guess what, you wanted your quit more than succumbing to your fears, I admire that!

That is a huge stumbling block for a lot of guys coming to KTC. The fear. It can be paralyzing!

The following is one of the PMs exchanged.
_________________________________________________?

ChickDip · May 22 2015, 12:26 PMForward
Hey girl, still here for you if you need anything.

Like I said, i won't bother you any more on your phone unless you reach out for help first.

Just wanted to let you know that
AshleyLynn · May 29 2015, 10:45 AMReport Post Forward
Thank you.

AshleyLynn · May 29 2015, 10:59 AMReport Post Forward
Every day I think about quitting. Every. Single. Day. I get on this site all the time, read the stories, etc. and every day I say fuck it because I know I'll fail again. I'm too stressed, it calms me, I need it... All the same lame ass excuses I've always used.
I wake up and say "no snuff today" and make it until about 1pm. Then the kids are screaming, I need to clean, I have to drive somewhere, so on and so on. Triggers. So I put a dip in. I'll be back to post a day 1 when I know I won't fail. I know that's lame and I should just post a day 1 now but I'm not a liar and I can't fail again. That's all I got.

ChickDip · May 29 2015, 12:44 PMForward
wow, i hear you loud and clear. you have to have your mind strong and right to quit! get some fake stuff ahead of time to be ready for it when you jump in when you really want to quit, quit for good.
it doesn't calm you..... it is poisoning you girl.. you know that.

2 DAYS LATER SHE QUIT, REALLY QUIT, HARD AND HEAVY.
SHE BEAT HER FEAR WITH HER DESIRE TO LIVE, ANYONE CAN DO IT.
Thank you girl. This is crazy to read because I remember this so vividly. I remember thinking "why does this chick care so much if I quit or not". And I remember getting on and having messages from you and others encouraging me to come back. I owe the people here that have strengthened my quit so much. Thanks for being my rock girl! Love you! Xoxo
Congrats on a year AshleyLynn! And thanks for connecting with me - you are a BAQ and I am proud to quit with you EDD. B)B
Congratulations on your one of many years proud of you!! Thanks for always having my back!
Congrats on 1 year quit!!!!!!!!!!
That is one hell of a story of perseverance Ash. Nic had some deep claws in you and I hope you're damn proud that you've beaten them back for a full year. Congrats on that first lap and keep it up!
To ChickDips' Little Cookie....

Sorry I missed your one year anniversary. I feel like a heel. You, Chick, Jenahen, BAM0821, M5 Shelly, Ms. Ginet, Electra, Daisy, Sage, 2Mch2live4, SamCat, KGirl, and others I'm sure I have missed make this place much nicer (and probably cut down on some of the ass-hattedness that would otherwise ensue!).

Proud of you and your stick-to-it-ive-ness.... you have shown what perseverance is all about, and in the process have developed your own massive quit legend! Awesome!

Again, sorry I'm late....just wanted you to know I was proud of you on this huge anniversary....now that a year's gone, there's NOTHING you haven't seen without a dip!!
I'm proud to quit with you EDD Ash. :)

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: quit 2-19-2012!
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2016, 02:29:00 PM »
400 days of independence, excellent!!!!

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2016, 11:15:00 AM »
Quote from: KingNothing
I went back and read the PM, 2 days before you came back. You were in mental pain......wanted to quit but were afraid of failing....... Guess what, you wanted your quit more than succumbing to your fears, I admire that!

That is a huge stumbling block for a lot of guys coming to KTC. The fear. It can be paralyzing!

Like I said, i won't bother you any more on your phone unless you reach out for help first.

Thank you.

Every day I think about quitting. Every. Single. Day. I get on this site all the time, read the stories, etc. and every day I say fuck it because I know I'll fail again. I'm too stressed, it calms me, I need it... All the same lame ass excuses I've always used.
I wake up and say "no snuff today" and make it until about 1pm. Then the kids are screaming, I need to clean, I have to drive somewhere, so on and so on. Triggers. So I put a dip in. I'll be back to post a day 1 when I know I won't fail. I know that's lame and I should just post a day 1 now but I'm not a liar and I can't fail again. That's all I got.

wow, i hear you loud and clear. you have to have your mind strong and right to quit! get some fake stuff ahead of time to be ready for it when you jump in when you really want to quit, quit for good.

Thank you girl. This is crazy to read because I remember this so vividly. I remember thinking "why does this chick care so much if I quit or not". And I remember getting on and having messages from you and others encouraging me to come back. I owe the people here that have strengthened my quit so much. Thanks for being my rock girl! Love you! Xoxo
Congrats on a year AshleyLynn! And thanks for connecting with me - you are a BAQ and I am proud to quit with you EDD. B)B
Congratulations on your one of many years proud of you!! Thanks for always having my back!
That is one hell of a story of perseverance Ash. Nic had some deep claws in you and I hope you're damn proud that you've beaten them back for a full year. Congrats on that first lap and keep it up!
To ChickDips' Little Cookie....

Sorry I missed your one year anniversary. I feel like a heel. You, Chick, Jenahen, BAM0821, M5 Shelly, Ms. Ginet, Electra, Daisy, Sage, 2Mch2live4, SamCat, KGirl, and others I'm sure I have missed make this place much nicer (and probably cut down on some of the ass-hattedness that would otherwise ensue!).

Proud of you and your stick-to-it-ive-ness.... you have shown what perseverance is all about, and in the process have developed your own massive quit legend! Awesome!

Again, sorry I'm late....just wanted you to know I was proud of you on this huge anniversary....now that a year's gone, there's NOTHING you haven't seen without a dip!!

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2016, 10:18:00 AM »
Sweet! 1 year is awesome. Proud to be quit with you.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2016, 12:51:00 AM »

Thank you.

"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2016, 06:50:00 AM »

Thank you.

Offline DWEIRICK

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Volunteer Firefighter/EMT - Conductor/Engineer for Lycoming Valley Railroad - Shooting guns, Fishing and time with my family!
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2016, 01:35:00 AM »

Thank you.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2016, 11:03:00 PM »

Thank you.

Offline AshleyLynn

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2019-05-31
  • Interests: Interested in quitting strong every damn day!
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2016, 03:59:00 PM »

Thank you.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2016, 03:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Nomore1959
Quote from: Candoit
One trip around the sun.
...and beyond.....
You are living proof of tenacity in a human.
I'm so Thankful to have you walking by my side.
Love you girl.
Rock on AL! Proud of you.
Congrats on the year Ash!
Congratulations pretty lady! One year is badass!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD