Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
Quote from: ktb1764
There are only two outcomes here - either I win or the bitch wins. There is no in between. Today I choose to win. Today I choose my life. Today I quit. Fuck the bitch.
This perspective is going to save your life friend. You see the path in front of you and it truly is a life or death decision. Yeah...rat poison is right man. You make this decision every morning and in a few weeks you'll see how tall a man you are. What character you have. How fear means something different. All these things will become clear and each day when you put down your foot to walk out the door...you'll feel empowered. That's your world out there. Fight brother. You will overcome this obstacle and see the man you are without a chain holding you back.

Souliman: Strangling the bitch for 360 as of today. Tap out bitch. Tap out. You just don't got it on this one.

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
Congratulations on this decision and welcome to the club. I see you posted roll, I'm glad to be quit with you today. PM me if you need anything, I just wanted to drop a welcome.

DennyX

Offline FHY16

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Notdeadyet
Just posted Day 1 (hope I did it right).

Dipper/smoker for 30+ years.  Just flushed my dip and crushed the cigarettes.

Started dipping in little league - funny thing was parents thought it was sort of cute back them.  Dipped up to college - girl friend hated it and switched to cigarettes.  Smoked for 15+ years, then went back to the can, thinking it was safer (what a load of bullshit).

Lately been dipping or smoking, depending on what I can do and when I can do it.  The bitch doesn't seem to care as long as I feed her.  I am an addict, after all.

Today my family was telling each other what we were thankful for, and as I listened to my kids, I realized that I risk everthing everytime I pack a lip or light up a smoke.  I can't do it any more - I won't do it any more.  I have too much to live for to put rat poison into my body.

There are only two outcomes here - either I win or the bitch wins. There is no in between.  Today I choose to win. Today I choose my life.  Today I quit.  Fuck the bitch.
Fantastic decision Ktb. One you will never regret. Learn as much as you can about your addiction on this site. Read everything. I recommend the Cancer and Quitter stories and Additional Resources. On my phone right now or I'd send you the links. PM me if you need anything.

Today you become a free man! A very Happy and Foggy Thanksgiving to you.
ktb.

Good call on the quit. 30 years is a long time to be sucking up to the bitch. But a day is easy. Commit for one day, that's all you need to do. Then do it again tomorrow. Make today the last day you even post a 1 next to your name.

Welcome to the suck.

fhy
?Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions, who when on the dawn of victory paused to rest, and there resting died.?
Your quit must be defended against complacency and a false sense of control over your addiction. There is no such thing as "just one." Stay quit.

Quit: 06/11/2010 - HOF: 09/18/2010

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »

Dipper/smoker for 30+ years. Just flushed my dip and crushed the cigarettes.

Started dipping in little league - funny thing was parents thought it was sort of cute back them. Dipped up to college - girl friend hated it and switched to cigarettes. Smoked for 15+ years, then went back to the can, thinking it was safer (what a load of bullshit).

Lately been dipping or smoking, depending on what I can do and when I can do it. The bitch doesn't seem to care as long as I feed her. I am an addict, after all.

Today my family was telling each other what we were thankful for, and as I listened to my kids, I realized that I risk everthing everytime I pack a lip or light up a smoke. I can't do it any more - I won't do it any more. I have too much to live for to put rat poison into my body.

There are only two outcomes here - either I win or the bitch wins. There is no in between. Today I choose to win. Today I choose my life. Today I quit. Fuck the bitch.
Fantastic decision Ktb. One you will never regret. Learn as much as you can about your addiction on this site. Read everything. I recommend the Cancer and Quitter stories and Additional Resources. On my phone right now or I'd send you the links. PM me if you need anything.

Today you become a free man! A very Happy and Foggy Thanksgiving to you.
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline ktb1764

• Quitter
« on: November 24, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »

Dipper/smoker for 30+ years. Just flushed my dip and crushed the cigarettes.

Started dipping in little league - funny thing was parents thought it was sort of cute back them. Dipped up to college - girl friend hated it and switched to cigarettes. Smoked for 15+ years, then went back to the can, thinking it was safer (what a load of bullshit).

Lately been dipping or smoking, depending on what I can do and when I can do it. The bitch doesn't seem to care as long as I feed her. I am an addict, after all.

Today my family was telling each other what we were thankful for, and as I listened to my kids, I realized that I risk everthing everytime I pack a lip or light up a smoke. I can't do it any more - I won't do it any more. I have too much to live for to put rat poison into my body.

Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.