Author Topic: New Member  (Read 5577 times)

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Member
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement. All of you shared the heavy burden of getting through to me. I appreciate the input, example, and accountability each of you shared with me. I was going to update my intro a while back but decided to wait until my HOF speech to hash out everything that has been going on. Some days it has been just plain survival mode wading through the stress that life's unexpected curve balls can bring. Im already looking forward to roll call tomorrow.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2013, 06:50:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Proud of you. I like the new you.
Awesome JayDubya! Simply Awesome!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2013, 06:48:00 PM »
Proud of you. I like the new you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »
Congrats brother. Who was that guy with the nic-gum in his pocket? He is long gone. You now stand strong in his place.
Great job on 100.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2013, 02:01:00 PM »
Nice 100 days brother! Congrats. Keep it going!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »
Jonas congrats on reaching 100 days of freedom!

Proud to quit once again with you today!

Offline Funktronic42

• Quitter
  • Interests: Playing music. Any instrument will do but I am a bass player at heart. I love video games and a telling or reading a really good story.
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2013, 11:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Mike
Quote from: JayDubya
Day 29, and I got the call from my Dr's office saying that the lab results for the biopsied tissue is callouses/hyperkeratosis.  I'm thankful for that, no doubt!  I've been freaked out and battling some harsh anxiety over this.

I know I responded already in the Dec 13 group thread, but I wanted to also update my Intro thread.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, and I want to enjoy this moment for sure, but I'm very angry with tobacco, tobacco companies, and myself for being such an idiot for 20+ years.  I will not put those radioactive carcinogenic cat turds in my face.  Not for any reason. 

I know others have gotten results that wasn't what they had hoped for, and my heart goes out to them and their families.
Your uncovering lie after lie j. It's one thing for me and others to tell you the truths but it's another to feel and see them first hand. Damn proud to be quit with you today.
Thanks. The results I got doesnt make me want to start back dipping. It makes me want to quit even more than I already did. I know I read threads where people went back to dipping after getting a good biopsy report and that can be a catalyst for caving, but it had the opposite effect on me.

Im thankful for my KTC brothers and sisters.
Right on Jay! So happy for you today. I didn't have to go as far as biopsy, but I know for me, now that I've made the decision to quit, getting a clean bill of health was for me too motivation to add to my quit. I thought about a crave for sure right about then, but no way. There's nothing like getting a clean bill of health!!
I was also glad to hear that. And when you sent me the pics of your mouth when I was having a crave, I stopped craving real fast. A good reminder of the risks we took and the bullets we dodged. Glad you are ok my man.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2013, 03:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: duathman
Quote from: Dougie
Bump for Starving the Bear to read...
BUMP
Bump again
le Bump
Lady Bumps

'boob'

'Popcorn'

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
Quote from: duathman
BUMP
Bump again
le Bump
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2013, 08:40:00 PM »
BUMP
Bump again

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2013, 07:28:00 PM »
BUMP

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2013, 12:19:00 PM »

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »
Day 29, and I got the call from my Dr's office saying that the lab results for the biopsied tissue is callouses/hyperkeratosis.  I'm thankful for that, no doubt!  I've been freaked out and battling some harsh anxiety over this.

I know I responded already in the Dec 13 group thread, but I wanted to also update my Intro thread.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, and I want to enjoy this moment for sure, but I'm very angry with tobacco, tobacco companies, and myself for being such an idiot for 20+ years.  I will not put those radioactive carcinogenic cat turds in my face.  Not for any reason. 

I know others have gotten results that wasn't what they had hoped for, and my heart goes out to them and their families.
Your uncovering lie after lie j. It's one thing for me and others to tell you the truths but it's another to feel and see them first hand. Damn proud to be quit with you today.
Thanks. The results I got doesnt make me want to start back dipping. It makes me want to quit even more than I already did. I know I read threads where people went back to dipping after getting a good biopsy report and that can be a catalyst for caving, but it had the opposite effect on me.

Right on Jay! So happy for you today. I didn't have to go as far as biopsy, but I know for me, now that I've made the decision to quit, getting a clean bill of health was for me too motivation to add to my quit. I thought about a crave for sure right about then, but no way. There's nothing like getting a clean bill of health!!

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim

You have come a long way, brother.
You really have a strong and inspiring quit going.
Glad to be quit with you.
Glad it came back clear. Let that anger fuel your quit. Razd was one angry mofo for quite a while.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2013, 03:02:00 PM »

You have come a long way, brother.
You really have a strong and inspiring quit going.
Glad to be quit with you.