Author Topic: New Member  (Read 5583 times)

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Member
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2013, 04:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Zam
Quote from: JayDubya
Quote from: derk40
Thanks for the supportive an encouraging words. As promised, I tossed away my nicotine gum when I got to my gf's house. I had some in my overnight bag but also had more sitting out on her counter. I threw it all away. I cleaned out my bag...or so I thought....well, guess what I found in my bag right after I got out of the shower?!? (lol) Yep, you guessed it...a can of freaking DIP that I had packed away early last week. I obviosly had forotten about it! I calmly opened the can, emptied the remaining contents where they belong (in the toilet, not a mouth), then flushed.

I truly do appreciate everyone's effort and encouragement and hope I can pay it forward to someone else!!
6 days of quit is bada$$ brother! Way to dump that gum... u don't need it. That is not the way to quit. Cold turkey. I like how you did not just throw that hidden tin of poison away in the trash. You did to it what should have been done to it... flushed it right down the toilet. That is how you do it! If you find any other stash... do the exact same thing to it.

Keep reading on the site and keep learning. You can do this. You are early so be ready to fight today if the nic B rears her ugly hear.

QLF with you today!
Thanks! There has been a lot of stress today, so I fought fire with fire. I googled pics of mouth cancer and began shaking from the anxiety. Stress-induced dipping is out of my mind, to say the least.

Now, I've probably scared myself a little more than I should. I don't know.
Cancer pics... That is a good crave killer. And no you haven't scared yourself too much. That is what will happen to you! Dip will kill you. Know that. This is serious business and that is whey quitting is so important.

What else you using to help with craves... fake, gum, seeds, candy, food?, Exercise, push ups, a run and some sort of physical activity will help immensely. Use and do whatever it takes to stay quit today.

Keep fighting bro! All you have to do is stay quit today! You can do this!
Now I keep running to the freaking bathroom at work, using my phone as a flash light and looking in my mouth.
Try to relax. The pictures are of what "would" happen to you. Not necessarily of what "is" happening to you.

If there is an issue, then go to the Dr. and have yourself checked out. But in the interim, stay quit today!
I'm staying quit. To do otherwise is not an option.
Those cans and gum laying around everywhere should be a stark reminder of how much the nic-bitch totally dictated your every action. A reminder of how you literally built your life around nicotine, and how you're done being led around by the nose. Think about why you keep finding cans damn near everywhere. Think about why you left that dusty ass can in the glove box instead of throwing out. Think about how you used to stop at the c-store even though your were late for _________, and what that said about your priorities.
Cancer is a great reason to quit. Just don't forget the other million reasons. And don't forget to keep your new nicotine-free eyes open...you will discover another reason every day. Congrats on your freedom JW, it's really sweet. Trust me.
Thanks for your encouragement. I didn't stop because of any symptoms in my mouth. I actually didn't even think to look in my mouth until today. I have several reasons for quitting and look forward to adding to that list as time goes on.

There is NO doubt nicotine had a grasp on me. I dipped 1.5 to 2 cans in a day, and would leave my dips in for a long period at a time. If I was awake and not eating, I had a dip in my mouth.

This site has been helpful, and I've been overwhelmed by the generosity other members have shown through PM and texts. The texts have really added a personal touch to the support part.

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »
Thanks for the supportive an encouraging words. As promised, I tossed away my nicotine gum when I got to my gf's house. I had some in my overnight bag but also had more sitting out on her counter. I threw it all away. I cleaned out my bag...or so I thought....well, guess what I found in my bag right after I got out of the shower?!? (lol) Yep, you guessed it...a can of freaking DIP that I had packed away early last week. I obviosly had forotten about it! I calmly opened the can, emptied the remaining contents where they belong (in the toilet, not a mouth), then flushed.

I truly do appreciate everyone's effort and encouragement and hope I can pay it forward to someone else!!
6 days of quit is bada$$ brother! Way to dump that gum... u don't need it. That is not the way to quit. Cold turkey. I like how you did not just throw that hidden tin of poison away in the trash. You did to it what should have been done to it... flushed it right down the toilet. That is how you do it! If you find any other stash... do the exact same thing to it.

Keep reading on the site and keep learning. You can do this. You are early so be ready to fight today if the nic B rears her ugly hear.

QLF with you today!
Thanks! There has been a lot of stress today, so I fought fire with fire. I googled pics of mouth cancer and began shaking from the anxiety. Stress-induced dipping is out of my mind, to say the least.

Cancer pics... That is a good crave killer. And no you haven't scared yourself too much. That is what will happen to you! Dip will kill you. Know that. This is serious business and that is whey quitting is so important.

What else you using to help with craves... fake, gum, seeds, candy, food?, Exercise, push ups, a run and some sort of physical activity will help immensely. Use and do whatever it takes to stay quit today.

Now I keep running to the freaking bathroom at work, using my phone as a flash light and looking in my mouth.
Try to relax. The pictures are of what "would" happen to you. Not necessarily of what "is" happening to you.

If there is an issue, then go to the Dr. and have yourself checked out. But in the interim, stay quit today!
Those cans and gum laying around everywhere should be a stark reminder of how much the nic-bitch totally dictated your every action. A reminder of how you literally built your life around nicotine, and how you're done being led around by the nose. Think about why you keep finding cans damn near everywhere. Think about why you left that dusty ass can in the glove box instead of throwing out. Think about how you used to stop at the c-store even though your were late for _________, and what that said about your priorities.
Cancer is a great reason to quit. Just don't forget the other million reasons. And don't forget to keep your new nicotine-free eyes open...you will discover another reason every day. Congrats on your freedom JW, it's really sweet. Trust me.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2013, 01:54:00 PM »

QLF with you today!

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »

QLF with you today!

Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »

QLF with you today!

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »

QLF with you today!

HOF Speech

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »

QLF with you today!

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »

QLF with you today!

HOF Speech

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Ron_Cross
That is great that you have been nicotine free for 5 days. I will quit with you everyday brother.
Btw, I love that Yoda quote and use it all the time!

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2013, 10:05:00 PM »

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2013, 08:59:00 PM »
That is great that you have been nicotine free for 5 days. I will quit with you everyday brother.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2013, 08:38:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
I saw your roll post. Nice!! Now your quitting bro. Way to jump all the way in the quit pool.

5 days of freedom. Here's what you need to do. Find the tallest building you can. Head to the top of that building. Now take a look around poison free. Freedom,,, smell it, taste it and feel it brother. Take a good look at the world without nicotine blurring your vision and desensitizing your emotions. Soak in the oxygen that your brain was being deprived.

ONE DAY AT A TIME and you can have back a lot of what the poison has stolen. NEVER AGAIN FOR ANY REASON and you can keep it. You need a number let me know.
Awesome job posting roll! Ur doing it. 5 days of freedom is great bro! Keep fighting today. Stay quit!

HOF Speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »
I saw your roll post. Nice!! Now your quitting bro. Way to jump all the way in the quit pool.

5 days of freedom. Here's what you need to do. Find the tallest building you can. Head to the top of that building. Now take a look around poison free. Freedom,,, smell it, taste it and feel it brother. Take a good look at the world without nicotine blurring your vision and desensitizing your emotions. Soak in the oxygen that your brain was being deprived.

ONE DAY AT A TIME and you can have back a lot of what the poison has stolen. NEVER AGAIN FOR ANY REASON and you can keep it. You need a number let me know.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2013, 04:11:00 AM »
Gdubya,

Working on learning how to roll call. I will get on that Monday Morning at work.

Jludoo7,

Im not carrying any gum on me. I do have some in my overnight bag that is at my parents' house. I dont even have it with me here at my bud's house. I will toss that out. You have my word on it. I needed to have days of no nicotine while carrying it around with me. It was a personal thing since I have caved with the gum before. I had to beat the gum too. Now, I know the physical symptoms are way less and mostly in my mind.

Thanks for the encouragement!
Carrying nic gum around with you to prove a point is about the dumbest thing I have heard. Throw it out when you get back to your overnight bag. What are you trying to prove. Dump it and quit screwing around here. You are 4 days quit and the nicotine is out of your system. Why tempt fate. The nicotine gum is just another delivery system to keep you addicted. If you decide to throw one in you are back to square 1. Dump it!
Welcome friend. Been reading through your intro and i got to ask. How bad do you want this? Right now you got your feet dangling in the edge of the quit pool.

You rseeeeeaaaaallly want your life back you got to take it. Jump all the way in. Trash your stash, post roll and let's quit together. I got nothing better to do and neither does derk.

4 days,, you're doing it, no reason you can't do it today also. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2013, 10:04:00 PM »
Gdubya,

Working on learning how to roll call. I will get on that Monday Morning at work.

Jludoo7,

Im not carrying any gum on me. I do have some in my overnight bag that is at my parents' house. I dont even have it with me here at my bud's house. I will toss that out. You have my word on it. I needed to have days of no nicotine while carrying it around with me. It was a personal thing since I have caved with the gum before. I had to beat the gum too. Now, I know the physical symptoms are way less and mostly in my mind.

Thanks for the encouragement!
Carrying nic gum around with you to prove a point is about the dumbest thing I have heard. Throw it out when you get back to your overnight bag. What are you trying to prove. Dump it and quit screwing around here. You are 4 days quit and the nicotine is out of your system. Why tempt fate. The nicotine gum is just another delivery system to keep you addicted. If you decide to throw one in you are back to square 1. Dump it!

HOF Speech