Author Topic: Manly Quitter  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Manly Quitter
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 09:36:00 PM »
Sorry. All I heard was blah blah blah.

I'm a chic so the "real man" comment turned my bitch on.

No worries. A real quitter just quits. Now. Stop. Get the shit out of your mouth and quit. Nice you are thinking about it though. Such a sweet thought.

Go dump your shit. Quit. "Getting bagged on" yeah....sucks for a girl too. HAHAHAHAAAA So I've heard.

Until then, I will just be a "real girl" and quit.

Laters
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Manly Quitter
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »
So you're gonna keep dipping until midnight?
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline KickinTheCan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-30
  • Interests: Pumping and humping, running, overall physical fitness, watching football (go ducks! and yes I'm from Oregon), staying dip free; Having grown up in the mountains, I enjoy all things outdoors such as camping, fishing, hunting, etc and I love sports, even though the only thing I get around to these days is maybe a round of golf here and there and some disc golf as well. Okay, I like a lot of shit, I just don't have time for all of it anymore in my current situation, being in the military and all (currently deployed)
  • Likes Given: 0
Manly Quitter
« on: September 30, 2014, 09:17:00 PM »
Hey All,

My name is Rob, been dipping for 7 years, and today is my quit date! 'Finger' I'm pretty excited, but I know the temptations that come along with being an addict will make it tough. I'm a cold turkey type of guy, so that's the way it's gonna be. Also, I wanted to say something about a comment that I've seen some of you 'vets' make on newcomers' intros when they make a quit date instead of quitting right here, right now, since it directly applies to me and I don't feel like getting bagged on. Although I agree that that is the best option, as there's no better time than the present, I'm guilty of making a quit date, and I think a real man should have the integrity and willpower to hold himself to that and overcome the horrible addiction that is telling him that he needs to be a slave to the can (yes, I know you might say that is easier said than done, but I'm about to do it after being smokeless tobacco's personal bitch on a daily basis for 7 years, so you can too). Like most of you, I told myself I would quit SEVERAL times in the past. However, I would just tell people, such as family, that at the time, but I never REALLY wanted to quit, and so I wouldn't. But a couple weeks ago, I got this strong feeling inside that it was really time. It was time to end this love/hate relationship with my beloved can and quit for myself. Anyways, so I was looking around the interwebs recently about side effects of quitting or something rather, and the very first link I clicked brought me to this site. I was very impressed with it, and it intrigued me that so many people were united right here in this one place by the common goal of quitting this addiction. I started browsing around and reading some of the stories posted by members here, and scanned through posts. I did that here and there for a couple days, but then I started feeling guilty. I felt that I should be quit too if I should have the privilege of reading about what other people have gone and are currently going through, when I hadn't even officially started my quit path yet. I decided that I would quit for sure on the last day of the month, and would say on record that the very first time that I will have gone without a chew in my lip for more than a 24 hour period in the last 7 years of my life would occur 01 OCT 2014 (my b-day is in October and I like the month in general, as there are alot of memories connected to it that have personal value to me, and I figured I would add one more memory, the day I killed the can). So the time is here and I've come to make my intro post and will figure things out here in a bit, and post my roll. Also I can start going through the contents of the site again guilt-free! ;) Again, I want to reiterate how great I find the idea of this site, and give a shout-out to the site administrators and everyone who continually posts on here to keep the site alive and going by sharing their stories and experiences with the goal of helping out that next quit brother. Good job everyone. Nice to be quit with you all, and I hope ya'll make it. Good luck! (oh, and P.S., I didn't expect the intro to keep running as long as it did, so sorry about that :D )

---KickinTheCan
Rob's my name. Quitting smokeless tobacco and remaining nic-free is my game.