Author Topic: Intro....  (Read 10379 times)

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro....
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
Quote from: lhelms12
Quote from: Morgan1
I will never dip again. I don't miss it. I don't remember it fondly. Unlike a lot of guys here that have wistful memories of packing a fat one, I regret the 26 years I used Skoal. I wish I had never picked up a can. I looked like a fucking hick for 26 years spitting black slime everywhere. I disrespected myself and those who care about me by willingly using a product that could in the end cause my death. I supported an industry that knowingly and willingly produces products that kill people daily. Maybe they killed your father or your wife or your best friend at some point. I spent thousands of dollars (maybe tens of thousands - I never figured it out) that wound up as a brown puddles on the ground or in a beer bottle. Thats not what a good investment guy would advise you to do with your money. I wouldn't mind having that money now so that I could improve the life of my little girl and myself with a nice vacation somewhere. I am quit and I am happy to be quit. I don't struggle with it and I don't look in the rearview mirror. I don't think about how one day I might enjoy another dip. Why would I? After all, I quit
Morgan you are sporting some badass quit here... 44 days congrats man almost a half a HOF. The tobacco industries are ruthless and I am glad that you have as much hatred towards them as I do!
Good post brother keep the intensity and resolve they will serve you well when the funk and fog try to sneak their way back in!!!

I am happy to be quit with you!

Fuck big tobacco!!!

Stay Strong, Focused  most of all QUIT!!!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline lhelms12

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Football
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
I will never dip again. I don't miss it. I don't remember it fondly. Unlike a lot of guys here that have wistful memories of packing a fat one, I regret the 26 years I used Skoal. I wish I had never picked up a can. I looked like a fucking hick for 26 years spitting black slime everywhere. I disrespected myself and those who care about me by willingly using a product that could in the end cause my death. I supported an industry that knowingly and willingly produces products that kill people daily. Maybe they killed your father or your wife or your best friend at some point. I spent thousands of dollars (maybe tens of thousands - I never figured it out) that wound up as a brown puddles on the ground or in a beer bottle. Thats not what a good investment guy would advise you to do with your money. I wouldn't mind having that money now so that I could improve the life of my little girl and myself with a nice vacation somewhere. I am quit and I am happy to be quit. I don't struggle with it and I don't look in the rearview mirror. I don't think about how one day I might enjoy another dip. Why would I? After all, I quit
Morgan you are sporting some badass quit here... 44 days congrats man almost a half a HOF. The tobacco industries are ruthless and I am glad that you have as much hatred towards them as I do!
Can't is the cancer of happening.

Quit Date - 05/13/2012 5:30PM

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: carumba10
guys help me out here.  Who was it not very long ago, that woke up after a night of drinking and realized that he had caved?  Didn't even remember doing it.  I'm having a senior moment trying to remember who that was.  Maybe someone out there has some advise for Morgan.
Ballplayer76 ?
I will take all advice. Having said that, I guarantee I will not cave.....ever...alcohol or not.
Cool. Post roll everyday, keep your word, repeat tomorrow if you wake up.

I like the positive attitude.
I love the quit. I've embraced it wholeheartedly. Some people don't like the way I'm going about it but that doesn't concern me. Quitting concerns me. When you are a newbie you have no credibility and so people think you are a loudmouth and your word means nothing. Thats fine, but I'll be around for a long long time on this site. It keeps me quit. Thanks for the support!!
There is nothing wrong with being a loud mouth, I hope! Everyone has what makes their quit work. Its great that we can quit our way as long as it is 1 day at a time and nicotine free! I'm there with you if you are a loud mouth!
Morgan even some hall of farmers screw up and cave. As long as you sport an undefeated record, you are respected and have a voice. Share your thoughts and experiences.

New quitters are so valuable because they have this fire burning and an excitement for quit. Your energy, excitement and desire is fine by me. After a while, daily posting of roll becomes routine and we can get bored or complacent. The value you bring is reminding us that quitting is a fun and exciting journey.

Cut the vets some slack. If you are quit today and keep your promise, I'm guessing you could tell a vet to stay quit and they would respect and listen to you. Posting roll and keeping your promise gives you credibility.

I love excited new quitters that have the balls to promise to quit and repeat every day they wake.

stay undefeated with the nic bitch. You ain't cocky if you back it up.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 07:49:00 PM »
guys help me out here.  Who was it not very long ago, that woke up after a night of drinking and realized that he had caved?  Didn't even remember doing it.  I'm having a senior moment trying to remember who that was.  Maybe someone out there has some advise for Morgan.
Ballplayer76 ?
I will take all advice. Having said that, I guarantee I will not cave.....ever...alcohol or not.

I love the quit. I've embraced it wholeheartedly. Some people don't like the way I'm going about it but that doesn't concern me. Quitting concerns me. When you are a newbie you have no credibility and so people think you are a loudmouth and your word means nothing. Thats fine, but I'll be around for a long long time on this site. It keeps me quit. Thanks for the support!!
There is nothing wrong with being a loud mouth, I hope! Everyone has what makes their quit work. Its great that we can quit our way as long as it is 1 day at a time and nicotine free! I'm there with you if you are a loud mouth!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »
Ballplayer76 ?

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 11:59:00 PM »
Quote from: carumba
Ballplayer76 ?
Don't worry about making a promise or guarantee to not cave ever!! Just worry about today! I also suggest that you make contact with ballplayer and ask him about his experience. I'm sure he never thought that he would cave that night.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 11:16:00 PM »
Ballplayer76 ?

Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
Ballplayer76 ?

Offline carumba10

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »
guys help me out here. Who was it not very long ago, that woke up after a night of drinking and realized that he had caved? Didn't even remember doing it. I'm having a senior moment trying to remember who that was. Maybe someone out there has some advise for Morgan.
Ballplayer76 ?
Quit Date: March 23 2012

I am Quit today. Tomorrow ?
Not impressed with rants from the 'Do As I Say Not As I Do' crowd.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »
guys help me out here. Who was it not very long ago, that woke up after a night of drinking and realized that he had caved? Didn't even remember doing it. I'm having a senior moment trying to remember who that was. Maybe someone out there has some advise for Morgan.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 04:24:00 PM »
In retrospect, challenging myself at this stage was just stupid macho b.s. Not the drinking so much, b/c I knew I wouldn't dip, but rather the way I went about it. I'm not an ass and I'm not some jerk. I have no doubt there will come a day when I feel a crave or an urge. Just because I don't now doesn't mean I should mouth off about drinking. I have respect for every person on this site and respect for what they say - EVEN IF I DONT AGREE - because I know that every post made made by every guy on here is with the intention of helping someone quit. Themselves, Joe Schmo, a newbie, whomever.....

I quit every day anew because I'm addicted to nicotine. I post roll because just as I promise I WON'T dip by posting roll, I promise I WILL dip if I don't post roll. Posting roll every day is the only reason that keeps me quit everyday. I know I am riding high on emotion and balls right now and I am not even close to being out of the woods. I know I will have tough days. I know at some point I will think about caving and when I do I will reach out to one or more of my brothers to help me out. Right now I'm a fucking beast though...my heart and my head know I posted roll this morning and I am quit today. Looking forward to posting roll tomorrow on day 7.
Morgan,
There are different types of champions. Ali as a boxer was a talker. He talked trash, he made predictions and he backed it up. Michael Jordan and Larry Bird talked trash.

In my life, personality is more like a John Stockton, I am usually quiet because I don't want to eat my words.

My addiction is different though. I post and talk trash, I am cocky, I am relentless in my quit. I don't do stupid things to put my quit in jeopardy but a talk a good game.

This is a strategy for me. The more I talk, the more I promise, the more committed I am to back it up. I am so afraid of failing on this, my talking and stands that I take....It has made caving appear to be so humiliating that when the cravings do come, It loses its savor because the humiliation of a cave isn't worth it.

You may be like me, the more you talk, the more committed you are to your quit. I say do it.

Drink the Kool-aid, when you are done, ask for a refill. Never be stupid and challenge your addiction. If you are going to talk tough, be tough!

"You ain't cocky motherfucker if you back it up!" Kid Rock 'oh yeah'
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 03:17:00 PM »
DRINK THE KOOL AID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 08:39:00 PM »
In retrospect, challenging myself at this stage was just stupid macho b.s. Not the drinking so much, b/c I knew I wouldn't dip, but rather the way I went about it. I'm not an ass and I'm not some jerk. I have no doubt there will come a day when I feel a crave or an urge. Just because I don't now doesn't mean I should mouth off about drinking. I have respect for every person on this site and respect for what they say - EVEN IF I DONT AGREE - because I know that every post made made by every guy on here is with the intention of helping someone quit. Themselves, Joe Schmo, a newbie, whomever.....

I quit every day anew because I'm addicted to nicotine. I post roll because just as I promise I WON'T dip by posting roll, I promise I WILL dip if I don't post roll. Posting roll every day is the only reason that keeps me quit everyday. I know I am riding high on emotion and balls right now and I am not even close to being out of the woods. I know I will have tough days. I know at some point I will think about caving and when I do I will reach out to one or more of my brothers to help me out. Right now I'm a fucking beast though...my heart and my head know I posted roll this morning and I am quit today. Looking forward to posting roll tomorrow on day 7.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Morgan
Quote from: Wedgie
Quote from: noonelikesaquitter
Quote from: Wedgie
Day 5 - I plan on drinking tonight. If I change my behavior then Skoal is still winning. Skoal doesn't win - I do. If I feel like having some beers I'm having them. I'm mentally tough enough. It's right here for the world to see.
Completely wrong attitude to take morgan. You are showing your cards, playing against the odds, and letting your opponent cheat, all in the same move.

So many quits have been lost, especially early on like you are, to loose inhibitions. Playing with fire and I hope you are back tomorrow posting day 6.
Agree with Wedgie. There is nothing to be gained by drinking so early in the quit. I think that is the #1 cave story on these boards.

Answer me this Morgan. Have you ever had a few one night and ended up nailing some chick that you would never even consider talking to when you are sober ?

If the answer is yes, then I would highly suggest forgetting the beer tonight.

Seriously dude, where do you think the idea came from " If I change my behaviour then Skoal is still winning" I will tell you where that idea came from. Your nicotine addicted brain. It knows exactly that the odds increase in nicotines favor if you try and drink so early in your quit.
Nothing good comes from this...
I made this post b/c it guaranteed I would not dip tonight. I wouldn't have anyway, but I wanted to be sure....
That's great Morgan. Glad to hear you made it to day 6

I'm sure you have heard the joke about the 2 wolves on the hill looking down at a flock of sheep. The young one says ...let's run down there and fuck a sheep. The older one says .....why don't we walk down, and fuck all of them.

Quiting nicotine isn't a race. It's a one day at a time marathon. You are full of piss and vinegar right now pumped up on adrenaline. That will eventually fade. When it does, you will want to make sure you have everything in place to be able to battle the craves, funks and blues. No need to make it any more difficult than it needs to be by "challenging" yourself with some bullshit obstacle.
If you are a sports fan Morgan, you'll know that teams that adapt to their opponents ways more often and more quickly win more than they lose. A football coach changes the gameplan at half time to decide the outcome.

No shame in doing what you have to do to win.
Came through with flying colors.....never even really came close to worrying about it. Mind is clear and strong. Yes, I'm pretty gung ho on the quit and that may fade and turn into a daily struggle.....but it may not. Right now I'm not worried about the future - I'm worried about today. I'm jacked to quit. Rock on.

I wanted to bring this to your intro. From general discussion page. You are gung ho, that is great and I only want to add one comment or correction---"that may fade and turn into a daily struggle.....but it may not" Your quit will have ups and downs. 26 yrs of brain reprogramming can be a very strange experience as you are about to find. This is serious business, don't let your guard down, EVER!